Relegation battle

SKD

I can see why you want to digress from thread topic you started. I thought this was about why we are in a relegation fight. So we wouldn’t be if we could be like the superstars up at Burnley.

Did you have a moan about our fans too? Lots of us will sing Shane Long’s name whereas likes of you just covet other sh1t teams players. #propersupporter

Our support is sh!t, Shane long as a striker is sh!t, Burnley players are sh!t, just better than ours (in some positions). We were in with a chance of relegation if we hadn’t won Saturday (thread started before Saturday). Hope that helps pal.

Our support is sh!t, Shane long as a striker is sh!t, Burnley players are sh!t, just better than ours (in some positions). We were in with a chance of relegation if we hadn’t won Saturday (thread started before Saturday). Hope that helps pal.

Your predictions are fcking sh1t. No spine

I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or just desperately trying to justify this thread with increasingly silly posts.

No trolling here, just pointing out we are 7 points clear so 100% safe as despite playing everyone below us, there is no way that they will get 2 more wins than us. No chance at all.

Anyhow, Didn’t you say we are better than sheff United? Let’s not talk about silly posts pal.

It takes more than one team to improve form. It would requires others as well and if teams down the bottom to improve form will take points of each other.

You are correct sir. However, we play all of the teams below us and based on the way we’ve played in recent weeks, 3 of those points will be from us.

Absolutely no way a team in 18th place can improve and go on a run of a few wins, so that’s really good news.
Just to check, if it was us in 18th place on 27 points you'd be on this forum absolutely adamant that we'd be staying up, yes?

Because you have a very impressive unshakeable belief in the imminent and breathtaking turnaround in form of the teams on 27 points that surely it means you'd prefer that to be our situation too?

We are safe. We will not get relegated. Absolutely delighted to see SKD going into absolute meltdown yet again.

I'm sure we will be safe, but wouldn't say we are safe, lose the next two games and I'll be worried.

We are safe. We will not get relegated. Absolutely delighted to see SKD going into absolute meltdown yet again.

Spot on. We are currently on all the statistical prediction sites at 0.8% - 1% probability of finishing 18th. 0.8% - 1%. Chances of finishing below that are at zero. People see ‘7 points off the relegation zone’ and panic because they don’t understand what else has to happen for us to drop into the bottom three, and the almost complete improbability of that happening. Still, it keeps the bedwetters nice and moist.

Spot on. We are currently on all the statistical prediction sites at 0.8% - 1% probability of finishing 18th. 0.8% - 1%. Chances of finishing below that are at zero. People see ‘7 points off the relegation zone’ and panic because they don’t understand what else has to happen for us to drop into the bottom three, and the almost complete improbability of that happening. Still, it keeps the bedwetters nice and moist.

What were the odds or % probability of Watford beating Liverpool today or us going on a freak run over December / Jan? With respect, lose the next 2 and that probability will massively increase. Hence why it’s absolutely pointless looking at it.

Just to check, if it was us in 18th place on 27 points you'd be on this forum absolutely adamant that we'd be staying up, yes?

Because you have a very impressive unshakeable belief in the imminent and breathtaking turnaround in form of the teams on 27 points that surely it means you'd prefer that to be our situation too?

Is 2 wins more than us what you’d consider a breathtaking turnaround in form? When every one of those teams plays us? When you consider our recent history of finishing seasons limp...

Is 2 wins more than us what you’d consider a breathtaking turnaround in form? When every one of those teams plays us? When you consider our recent history of finishing seasons limp...
Four teams would have to get two more wins than us over the next ten games and at least another point as well as Newcastle having better form than us. Those four teams have got either 6 or 7 wins over the last 28 games so our form would have to absolutely fall off a cliff to the point that we fail to get about 4 points in the next ten games (a worse run of form than at any other point this season) and each of those four teams would have to improve their win ratio by about a third with a quarter of the season remaining. Statistically that is so incredibly unlikely that you really should be sticking the house on it if you think it's going to happen. We could lose our next 7 games in a row which isn't going to happen, win our 8th game and we will still stay up. Safe safe safe.

Why do you have so much belief that a team in 18th with 27 points is going to get the wins and points required but the team in 13th starting seven points ahead aren't going to?

Why would you rather be 18th than 13th? It's a bit, y'know, fu cking mental ain't it?

Edited by CB Fry

Another year of breathtaking sustainability awaits. I remember as kid in the play ground refusing to be Alan shearer we could not be a sustainable team unless we sold him, I chose to be Neil Maddison instead, dreaming of average academy groomed players playing in a sustainable business model team.

What were the odds or % probability of Watford beating Liverpool today or us going on a freak run over December / Jan? With respect, lose the next 2 and that probability will massively increase. Hence why it’s absolutely pointless looking at it.

You’re proving my point. It’s not about one game or one team or even a run of games; it’s multiple teams over the whole season - what has been and what’s still to come. Are you suggesting all 7 of the teams below us - ignoring the fact many play each other - will all go on sudden incredible runs whilst we pick up zero points? It won’t happen. We won’t go down.

Why do you have so much belief that a team in 18th with 27 points is going to get the wins and points required but the team in 13th starting seven points ahead aren't going to?

Why would you rather be 18th than 13th? It's a bit, y'know, fu cking mental ain't it?

And also the team in 17th, and 16th, and 15th, and 14th.

Another year of breathtaking sustainability awaits. I remember as kid in the play ground refusing to be Alan shearer we could not be a sustainable team unless we sold him, I chose to be Neil Maddison instead, dreaming of average academy groomed players playing in a sustainable business model team.

I was Glen Cockerill

Just did a predictor with an insanely unlikely set of results. I saw us picking up two more points all season and was overly generous to every team below us. We still stayed up with a loss on the last day finishing above Brighton and well clear of villa and Norwich. Safe safe safe.

Four teams would have to get two more wins than us over the next ten games and at least another point as well as Newcastle having better form than us. Those four teams have got either 6 or 7 wins over the last 28 games so our form would have to absolutely fall off a cliff to the point that we fail to get about 4 points in the next ten games (a worse run of form than at any other point this season) and each of those four teams would have to improve their win ratio by about a third with a quarter of the season remaining. Statistically that is so incredibly unlikely that you really should be sticking the house on it if you think it's going to happen. We could lose our next 7 games in a row which isn't going to happen, win our 8th game and we will still stay up. Safe safe safe.

You miss understand, I don’t think we will go down. I just don’t think we’re as safe as everyone makes out and we cannot afford to continue to put in performances like we have against Burnley and West Ham. Which is pretty much what Ralph said after the game :)

You miss understand, I don’t think we will go down. I just don’t think we’re as safe as everyone makes out and we cannot afford to continue to put in performances like we have against Burnley and West Ham. Which is pretty much what Ralph said after the game :)
You're either safe or you're not. Do you accept that the scenario I posted is insanely unlikely? If so then you agree with everyone else that relegation isn't going to happen.

We are not safe until we are mathematically safe.

Next weekend will have quite a bit of pressure on us....if we lose we are back in the mix. And psychologically a loss could be damaging.

Unexpected results happen,and clubs in and around us could pull off some shocks.

We don’t seem to have too much fight in us...very lightweight in areas,Hasenhüttl appears to have gone back to his tinkering and trying to be clever and putting square pegs in round holes with his team selections.

I don’t think we will be in a relegation scrap come the end of the season....but I wouldn’t back us if we were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk