Relegation battle

SKD

According to Jenas we need another 5 points (from 10 games) - surely that`s nailed on even for Saints.

Remember Swansea picking up just 1 win (6 points) in the last 11-12 fixtures.

So even worst case and we do full collapse we should still be able to pick up 5 points.

To be honest Newcastle are pants. I think we beat them and this thread can be locked *****il next season)

Remember Swansea picking up just 1 win (6 points) in the last 11-12 fixtures.

So even worst case and we do full collapse we should still be able to pick up 5 points.

To be honest Newcastle are pants. I think we beat them and this thread can be locked *****il next season)

One win is six points? Not sure I follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four teams would have to get two more wins than us over the next ten games and at least another point as well as Newcastle having better form than us. Those four teams have got either 6 or 7 wins over the last 28 games so our form would have to absolutely fall off a cliff to the point that we fail to get about 4 points in the next ten games (a worse run of form than at any other point this season) and each of those four teams would have to improve their win ratio by about a third with a quarter of the season remaining. Statistically that is so incredibly unlikely that you really should be sticking the house on it if you think it's going to happen. We could lose our next 7 games in a row which isn't going to happen, win our 8th game and we will still stay up. Safe safe safe.

Can people please read the above and try - just try - to understand what Hypo, I and others have tried to explain. Please. The level of idiocy on this thread is quite staggering.

Can people please read the above and try - just try - to understand what Hypo, I and others have tried to explain. Please. The level of idiocy on this thread is quite staggering.
There's people on this thread that still don't realise that teams can accrue points from drawn matches so I don't hold up much hope.

If we don't win every single match from now on we're relegated relegated relegated. Welcome to Saintsweb.

My worry is that we don't look like we've got much fight in us. I can easily see us getting dragged back into a relegation battle. We seem to be incapable of beating average teams. A couple of WHU fans who I spoke to after the game yesterday said that we were the worst team they've seen at their place this season. As I've said before. I'd hate for us to go into the last 3 games needing to beat Brighton and Bournemouth. :-/

My worry is that we don't look like we've got much fight in us. I can easily see us getting dragged back into a relegation battle. We seem to be incapable of beating average teams. A couple of WHU fans who I spoke to after the game yesterday said that we were the worst team they've seen at their place this season. As I've said before. I'd hate for us to go into the last 3 games needing to beat Brighton and Bournemouth. :-/

We dont have much fight in us. Yet we responded to a horrible start to the season, a 9-0 hammering and sitting 19th in early december by beating Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester, Palace, Villa (twice), Norwich, draws against Palace/Asenal, unlucky not to get something at city. Yeah no fight what so ever

You realise that in order for that to be the case we would have to lose our next seven games and even then after all that if we lose to both Bournemouth and Brighton we would have a fair chance of staying up if we beat Sheffield United on the last game. Safe safe safe.

As I've said before. I'd hate for us to go into the last 3 games needing to beat Brighton and Bournemouth. :-/

So in this scenario that is seven consecutive defeats from now (actually including yesterday, eight consecutive defeats) and we go into the final three games "needing to beat" Bournemouth and Brighton, meaning we also will need to beat Sheffield United (otherwise we wouldn't also "need" to beat the other two).

So eight consecutive defeats and then the points total to stay up this season is now 43 points if we, as you say "need to win" the last three matches.

Crystal clear, its going to be a hell of an end to the season if Brighton and Bournemouth and Villa etc are going to end up on at least 43 points each.

We comfortably beat Aston Villa a mere week ago.

Glad you confirmed this, I was beginning to think that I had dreamed this reading some of the absolute garbage being written on this thread by some of our hard of thinking posters.

Too many people judge our whole season on a single performance (usually the last one). We don't do well against teams that bully us and are direct. West Ham and Burnley are two such teams (not sure I can think of many others like that). Of course we aren't safe (mathematically), but then we also still have a chance of runners-up in the League. We had a gap after last week of 10 points over the bottom 3, the chances of anyone closing a gap of 10 points in 10 games is almost nil (as well as other teams closing smaller gaps), yesterday was just a natural to-ing and fro-ing of the gap. We have a pretty easy run in (a tricky bit in the middle).

There seems to be a lot of hysterical posts with people saying over n over that we will definitely not be relegated.

But has anyone actually said we will be?

I've taken my cue from you saying Brighton are already safe before they kicked off yesterday. Very relieved as a result.

I've taken my cue from you saying Brighton are already safe before they kicked off yesterday. Very relieved as a result.

it’s hard to keep up. We were definitely definitely definitely (x3) safe when we had 31 points and 12 games left.

I just assumed that 28 points and 11 games left meant Brighton were at least definitely (x1) safe

I think in summary we are definitely definitely definitely safe (as long as we win 1 or 2 more or draw 5-6) I can live with that and fully agree

I'm just old school and prefer to be mathematically safe, not definitely safe (with conditions)

FFS, we had an off day yesterday, with a few key players missing, it happens. That aside I think we have shown plenty of fight over the last few months and even if we failed to win another game all season we would still likely stay up as long as we picked up a few draws along the way.

Some people on this forum seem incapable of handling defeat.

it’s hard to keep up. We were definitely definitely definitely (x3) safe when we had 31 points and 12 games left.

I just assumed that 28 points and 11 games left meant Brighton were at least definitely (x1) safe

I think in summary we are definitely definitely definitely safe (as long as we win 1 or 2 more or draw 5-6) I can live with that and fully agree

I'm just old school and prefer to be mathematically safe, not definitely safe (with conditions)

I said we were safe when ticked over into 31 points in January and haven't changed my mind since. Teams that hit 31 points in January aren't going down.

You said Brighton were safe yesterday and that's fine if you believe that. You be you.

Someone needs to tell Ralph that it’s absolutely impossible, impossible, for teams below us to pick up 2 more wins than us.

What’s he like the bloody bedwetter.

A manager giving a default, generic, not wanting to look complacent media statement. Surely not.

FFS, we had an off day yesterday, with a few key players missing, it happens. That aside I think we have shown plenty of fight over the last few months and even if we failed to win another game all season we would still likely stay up as long as we picked up a few draws along the way.

Some people on this forum seem incapable of handling defeat.

We’ve won 1 in our last 5 games. Is that you’d consider ‘plenty of fight’? And even That one win wasn’t that impressive as it was against, IMO the worst team in the league. On another day, against a better team we would have lost if we miss that many chances.. Especially with our defence.

However, that aside, we will stay up... just.

Jesus wept. You realise Klopp isn't giving quotes about how great it is that they've won the league yet?

There’s a big difference between 19 points, with the best squad in the league. And 7 points with one of the worst..

We’ve won 1 in our last 5 games. Is that you’d consider ‘plenty of fight’? And even That one win wasn’t that impressive as it was against, IMO the worst team in the league. On another day, against a better team we would have lost if we miss that many chances.. Especially with our defence.

Cool you also think we will stay up. Safe safe safe. End of thread.

There’s a big difference between 19 points, with the best squad in the league. And 7 points with one of the worst..
....and yet Klopp still hasn't said it. Why do you think that is? Edited by CB Fry

You started this thread - which is one of the most ridiculous in the history of this forum - and now you are desperately trying to justify your initial idiotic statement.

And you are quite wrong with '1 win in 6'. In the League we have won 2 of the last 5 (and 2 of the last 6). While not great form, more than enough to get us over 40 points.

Why are you including FA Cup games when making a point about our league status? We've won 2 of our last 5 in the league, 3 of last 7, 4 of last 8. We continue at between 40 to 50% win ratio then we'll be comfortably safe, maybe even mid table

You started this thread - which is one of the most ridiculous in the history of this forum - and now you are desperately trying to justify your initial idiotic statement.

And you are quite wrong with '1 win in 6'. In the League we have won 2 of the last 5 (and 2 of the last 6). While not great form, more than enough to get us over 40 points.

I said 1 in 5. Which is very much correct. You’ve just added in ‘league’ to suit your agenda... who’s making idiotic statements now? :)

Can someone please clarify as I’m a bit confused...

The manager doesn’t yet consider us safe.

The media think we still need to win a couple more to be safe.

Pundits think we need a couple more wins to be safe.

Yet the SWF know that we are already 100% safe safe safe.

Why are you including FA Cup games when making a point about our league status? We've won 2 of our last 5 in the league, 3 of last 7, 4 of last 8. We continue at between 40 to 50% win ratio then we'll be comfortably safe, maybe even mid table

I’m highlighting our form you moron. Of course that is to be considered :lol:

Can someone please clarify as I’m a bit confused...

The manager doesn’t yet consider us safe.

The media think we still need to win a couple more to be safe.

Pundits think we need a couple more wins to be safe.

Yet the SWF know that we are already 100% safe safe safe.

You're not confused, just thick as sh it.

After 28 games we have 34 points.

So, with ten games to go, we are going to win (for example) two of them. If we only win one then we'll draw enough. It's going to happen. Three points could be enough, four or five certainly. Six, definitely.

That's all people are saying.

That's why we're safe. Utterly, utterly basic.

The only people I don't understand who can't see past the belief that if we've lost our most recent game that means we will then lose every single subsequent game until the end of time.

You've started a moronic thread saying we were going down and that's what we deserve. It was garbage then, it still is, but instead of letting it die quietly you still keep trying to prove yourself correct.

You salivating over the unstoppable survival prospects of the likes of Bournemouth and Watford (27 points) but not Southampton (34 points) is my personal highlight of your little breakdown.

What Ralph says or what pundits say is also irrelevant. That's just another aspect of human life that you can't seem to understand. If anything, it's awfully cute.

You don't think we are safe, you think we're going down, and that's fine. I know you keep wavering but you can't let things go so let's call you the relegation boy. I haven't changed my opinion since January. We're safe.

Let's see who is right at the end of the season.

Edited by CB Fry

You're not confused, just thick as sh it.

After 28 games we have 34 points.

So, with ten games to go, we are going to win (for example) two of them. If we only win one then we'll draw enough. It's going to happen. Three points could be enough, four or five certainly. Six, definitely.

That's all people are saying.

That's why we're safe. Utterly, utterly basic.

The only people I don't understand who can't see past the belief that if we've lost our most recent game that means we will then lose every single subsequent game until the end of time.

You've started a moronic thread saying we were going down and that's what we deserve. It was garbage then, it still is, but instead of letting it die quietly you still keep trying to prove yourself correct.

You salivating over the unstoppable survival prospects of the likes of Bournemouth and Watford (27 points) but not Southampton (34 points) is my personal highlight of your little breakdown.

What Ralph says or what pundits say is also irrelevant. That's just another aspect of human life that you can't seem to understand. If anything, it's awfully cute.

You don't think we are safe, you think we're going down, and that's fine. I know you keep wavering but you can't let things go so let's call you the relegation boy. I haven't changed my opinion since January. We're safe.

Let's see who is right at the end of the season.

Still haven’t said that, have I (or anyone) buddy. I’ve said many a time I think we will be safe, but we’re not yet and can not afford 10 more performances like the last 3 (including villa because I don’t think we played that well). You don’t seem to understand that. That and the fact you continue to bite relentlessly, I’d say you’re the one who’s thick as sh!t.

Enjoy your weekend, I promise to get out of your head so you can enjoy the rest of the weekend :lol:

7 points off the bottom 3.

We’re still right in amongst it. Still the same sh!t players from the start of the season, nothing to change a game.

Arrogance and Lack of investment in January will cost us and we deserve it.

We're getting relegated and we deserve it.

#pigsh it

We're getting relegated and we deserve it.

#pigsh it

Read the OP again... I said it’ll cost us, I.e battling relegation come end of the season (which I said before the villa win, btw).

#Stillbiting

So in this scenario that is seven consecutive defeats from now (actually including yesterday, eight consecutive defeats) and we go into the final three games "needing to beat" Bournemouth and Brighton, meaning we also will need to beat Sheffield United (otherwise we wouldn't also "need" to beat the other two).

So eight consecutive defeats and then the points total to stay up this season is now 43 points if we, as you say "need to win" the last three matches.

Crystal clear, its going to be a hell of an end to the season if Brighton and Bournemouth and Villa etc are going to end up on at least 43 points each.

Not sure how you work that out? If we only win 2 in our next 6, which is entirely possible, we'll be on 40 pts with 4 games left. If Brighton win 4 in their next 6, they'd also on 40 points. There could easily be 3 or 4 teams on 40 pts going into the last 4 games. Therefore we could be in a position where we need to beat Brighton and Bournemouth to guarantee safety.

Not sure how you work that out? If we only win 2 in our next 6, which is entirely possible, we'll be on 40 pts with 4 games left. If Brighton win 4 in their next 6, they'd also on 40 points. There could easily be 3 or 4 teams on 40 pts going into the last 4 games. Therefore we could be in a position where we need to beat Brighton and Bournemouth to guarantee safety.

If you think a team on forty points with four games left would be under threat of relegation then there really is no hope whatsoever. And your wonderful scenario takes the safety tally up to, er, 49 points.

There's only so many idiots I can deal with on one thread.

Edited by CB Fry