Impact of fans on poor home form

Dusic

Cant we get the 'White Witch' in again to purge the stadium of historical 'bad vibes' or dig up the pitch to locate the buried Pompey shirt.

Something must be done as watching home games is indeed a chore as someone has described and this has been going on since Koeman left.

I worry about forthcoming games against Villa, Newcastle and Brighton.

We just cant lose any of these games.

Some may say itÂ’s mumbo jumbo - but it worked after her last visit, she did her stuff outside and we won our first game at St MaryÂ’s. The ground is built on the site of an ancient settlement, if you look at the glass windows at the front of the stadium the map of the settlement is featured in the glass..........maybe she need to come in for top up.

Something else I noted was the colour of the home dressing room, itÂ’s very black. A few years ago in the hey day of Wimbledon there was something about needing to be repainted as it was predominantly black which was what made them aggressive. Trouble is these days you canÂ’t get away with roughing up the opposition, so maybe the Black is psychologically firing them up but then during the game the are having to keep themselves in check and dulling their game.

Some will be all over the above as complete hollyhocks - colour has been proven to have psychological effect. Soldiers on parade have for years been told to look at something green if they feel a bit queezy.

As has been said already the football more often than not over the past few Year has been less than uplifting.

As for this cobblers about playing towards the Northam second half to fire up the team, well we did that Saturday, Burnley turned up with one man and his dog and tucked themselves in a little cluster up in the corner out of the elements the awesome Northam were making out like Church Mice even when we were chasing the game.

Some may say itÂ’s mumbo jumbo - but it worked after her last visit, she did her stuff outside and we won our first game at St MaryÂ’s. The ground is built on the site of an ancient settlement, if you look at the glass windows at the front of the stadium the map of the settlement is featured in the glass..........maybe she need to come in for top up.

Something else I noted was the colour of the home dressing room, itÂ’s very black. A few years ago in the hey day of Wimbledon there was something about needing to be repainted as it was predominantly black which was what made them aggressive. Trouble is these days you canÂ’t get away with roughing up the opposition, so maybe the Black is psychologically firing them up but then during the game the are having to keep themselves in check and dulling their game.

Some will be all over the above as complete hollyhocks - colour has been proven to have psychological effect. Soldiers on parade have for years been told to look at something green if they feel a bit queezy.

As has been said already the football more often than not over the past few Year has been less than uplifting.

As for this cobblers about playing towards the Northam second half to fire up the team, well we did that Saturday, Burnley turned up with one man and his dog and tucked themselves in a little cluster up in the corner out of the elements the awesome Northam were making out like Church Mice even when we were chasing the game.

Let's get this straight, once and for all, The Northam is THE AWAY END. The fact that there are home fans in the corners, gawking at the away fans behind the goal is almost irrelevant: their only function is to stoke up the noise from away fans when they look like flagging: the few hundred fans in the Itchen North are especially good at this and so serve away teams even better than their own fans.

#

Nothing to do with playing lousy football then?

Had you considered that 4-2-2-2 just doesn't work against deep defending teams and that's what usually happens at SMS. All the crap about layers of filters, honestly if they just lob balls over the top for a lone striker to break away 100 bloody filters wouldn't work. We need to play a different system at home.

It's a tricky one. Home games these days are a bit of a hostile environment, because it's been consistently 4 years of utter, utter, utter dross - with the odd random win sprinkled in there somewhere.

It's impossible for this not to have influenced the fans. I still go, but there are 6 people I was with around me who no longer attend - people below me no longer attend. There's only so much money you can keep shelling out if you're getting the most substandard product, the prices haven't gone down in that time either.

There is an element of apathy I feel - just an acceptance of our fate, I mean what can we do? We can't influence Kat or Gao, they've got their toy and they can just wave at us from up high whilst we hold banners up - but it would probably just create even more hostile environment for very little return.

But the crux is that Gao needs to go before we can become a united club again, how that happens....no idea.

Excellent post, sums it up for me

It's tricky when the fans have been given rubbish the past few years, but the home support is pretty poor either way. The only version of "Oh when the Saints" that is sung is slow and boring and would struggle to lift anyone, but even then SMS is dead even compared to the last 5 years.

I watched the Pompey game last night, and it embarrassed me that every time the Ref gave a free kick against them they were on his back. It's the same with a lot of teams, especially Liverpool, the fans scream at the ref. We just sit there and wonder why decisions don't go our way.

Something has to give though. It's chicken and egg, good away performances when the fans are said to be good. Maybe home fans need to suck it up and put in the effort that they expect of the players........