Simple yes or no...Lallana on a free in the summer?

SNSUN

Irrespective of it being Lallana, a 30 + year old with history of injuries doesn't fit our model.

Was a great player for us before, acted like a pr*ck and burnt his bridges to be honest. Was booed (by me included) when he warmed up against us at Liverpool a couple of weeks ago too.

I wouldn't want him back.

"Free" is misleading

He'd require a huge multi million signing on fee, large agent fee and probably wages upwards of £100k per week

Damn! There was me thinking it meant he'd cost nothing and play for free. Thanks for demystifying this really intricate concept for me.

How many examples of Premier League players agreeing to a pay as you play deal can you name? It doesn't happen

Matt Jansen, Blackburn.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/2362547/jansen-on-verge-of-rovers-exit

”Jansen signed a pay-as-you-play contract last summer but has failed to force his way into Hughes's first team reckoning this season”

(might have been Championship though, not sure)

edit, no, it was Premier League apparently.

Edited by The Kraken

Not for me. Old, injured, only here for a pay cheque. Not been consistently decent for years.

no he hasn’t been decent for a fair while now.

In fact he could easily be put in the “should never of left Southampton” pigeon hole.

ok he’s got some medals but they are hollow rewards, he’s played a very minor part in anything they’ve won, even cost them a League Cup with a missed penalty a few years back.

He is currently the very definition of squad player, playing a bit part here and there.

We had his best football days.

Would love to see him back as he is still far better than what we currently have. Great player and one of the best I’ve seen at Saints and alongside Lambert etc responsible for Saints getting back to the top flight.

Won’t happen though as he will join a club with ambition and much higher wages than Saints.

People who are saying yes, yes, must think he is still as good as when he played here..No, no he is near the end of his career, he is injury prone and he has an inflated opinion of himself which means he will be looking for a big pay day. Ralph looks for the opposite: young, eager with all to prove

People who are saying yes, yes, must think he is still as good as when he played here..No, no he is near the end of his career, he is injury prone and he has an inflated opinion of himself which means he will be looking for a big pay day. Ralph looks for the opposite: young, eager with all to prove

Is 31 the end of a football career?

Danny Ings was injury prone for longer periods of his Liverpool career but has come good again at Saints.