• Smallbone
    • Armstrong
    • Djenepo
    • Long
    • Ings
    • Adams
    • Obafemi
    • Romeu

Will Villa face financial sanctions if they go down? (I can’t remember)

I think I remember reading West Ham will, if they go down. Not sure about Villa but they'll surely be in trouble. Grealish and Mings would be their only real saleable assets too which is madness considering how much they spent. Average or not, I'd have Mings back here but the fee would be too high.

I think I remember reading West Ham will, if they go down. Not sure about Villa but they'll surely be in trouble. Grealish and Mings would be their only real saleable assets too which is madness considering how much they spent. Average or not, I'd have Mings back here but the fee would be too high.

EDIT: Forgot McGinn, he'll be sought after too.

Unfortunately, despite the officials knowing it was a joke, there was no other course of action they could take once he claimed it was a head injury. They would be on a hiding to nothing if he did have one and they ignored it. That said, no one, including the officials thought that it was anything other than “he didn’t fancy it”. Be surprised if he lines up at Wembley next week.

Also, just as a bit of perspective, I guess it shows spending £££££££ doesn't equal anything - Villa spent £130m in the summer, people fairly confident that they'd be pushing for mid-table.

But like Fulham the previous year, it was a case of spending too much at once on too many players. (and maybe the wrong sorts). They may still stay up, but they'll be struggling till the death and they have spent a mini fortune.

Second highest spenders in Europe over the past 2 transfer windows according to their forum. I haven't checked that out but it sounds plausible.