West Ham vs Saints - Build-up

SuperSAINT

I see West Ham have rested Andy Carroll tonight. Saving him for Saturday?

Have I stepped into the Twilight Zone???!!!

First I thought Dark Munster was mucking about yesterday - turns out he wasn’t.

Now we have Whelk seeing a new page and re stoking Dark Munsters embers.

for those un sure ANDY CARROLL AKA MY LITTLE DONKEY WENT BACK TO NEWCASTLE IN AUGUST LAST YEAR!!

So look out for his appearance a week this Saturday in a Newcastle Shirt..

Any advice on best way to get there? I’m arriving in to Euston. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Stratford is easy but Hackney Wick is less crowded and has a decent ale bar with outside seating in-between the there and the ground. Personally I'd drink elsewhere then get the tube to arrive about 30 mins before kick off.

If anyone can help me with a pair I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Not sure if any use but apparently tickets were on general sale in the home end , could give that a try. Can join in booing the board for a laugh.

It's one of those games that if we play well, we can win, especially with our form this season away from home. West Ham will no doubt be buoyed by their performance against the invincibles, but I wonder how much they'll have in the tank after a ball-busting effort.

I actually think a draw would be a decent result here, another point for us in the right direction, and it keeps West Ham down there in fear of relegation. Moyes effectively said that the winnable games start now - that makes me want to beat them more than anything, but I still think a draw would be a decent result. We haven't had many draws this season, and from here on out this season, if we can turn the defeats into draws, we can creep up the table.

Hey Shroppie (re the other thread) I I stand corrected on you standing corrected - Antonio playing in the JWP zone tonight, that said he didn’t look comfortable on the left.
Hi JBS. Thanks for that. Yes I noticed too that he was on the left tonight. Would still like to see JWP at RB. He's the sort of strong bullying player our diminutive defenders struggle against and we'll need JWP's new-found mean streak.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Really want something from this game, it was bad enough that Burnley did the double over us, to think that this lot might as well, is galling.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

They won't do the double over us. Saints are a much better team than the last time we played them. Close down Antonio and with a little provocation should see him sent off. He gets quite petulant without too much prodding.

Just had a mooch on Kumb they're sounding quite confident of getting at least a draw, Some so called saints fan has posted basically saying we have no other threats to them apart from ings and keep him quiet and they'll beat us !

Just had a mooch on Kumb they're sounding quite confident of getting at least a draw, Some so called saints fan has posted basically saying we have no other threats to them apart from ings and keep him quiet and they'll beat us !

I had a look at KUMB to it's a bit odd, given the respective league positions and general recent form, that saints fans seem quite pessimistic about a result in this game and West ham fans seem strangely confident. I guess our recent games against them have generally favoured West Ham even when they are **** they always seem to pull out a result against us.

I had a look at KUMB to it's a bit odd, given the respective league positions and general recent form, that saints fans seem quite pessimistic about a result in this game and West ham fans seem strangely confident. I guess our recent games against them have generally favoured West Ham even when they are **** they always seem to pull out a result against us.

Are saints fans pessimistic?

Are saints fans pessimistic?
I think the overall opinion leans towards optimistic.

If we can keep Antonio quiet (and I'd play JWP at RB as I think Antonio would play on the left and target either Valery or KWP) and defend set pieces, which is their strength, we can outplay them in other areas.

They don't have the quickest defence and if we can get Long running in behind and Djenepo running at them, we'll make chances.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They've seemed to dislike us since the championship days...odd bunch.

Early goal for us and it will turn very toxic very quickly. In fact even 0-0 at half time and it will. Need to not think we're safe already, and go for it. Hope Armstrong is in the side and very much hope Vestergard is not. If he tinkers like that again we will lose, no question.

Imagine we're not as confident as we really want to win there and going to west ham and putting in a rubbish display seems like the sort of thing we'd do. I still think we're a far better side than them overall with a far, far better manager.

For them they are up for it as it's their most winnable game for a while and it could be win or bust. Fine to do ok at city and liverpool and get 0 points but if they don't beat us they're really screwed. Huge pressure but they'll come out flying and have the crowd up for it early on.

If we can hold out the first half without conceding I think we'll win. Just got to be patient and not make any fck ups. Get the crowd on their backs or silent.

Exactly this. I'm hoping for a repeat of our game at Selhurst Park.

Imagine we're not as confident as we really want to win there and going to west ham and putting in a rubbish display seems like the sort of thing we'd do. I still think we're a far better side than them overall with a far, far better manager.

For them they are up for it as it's their most winnable game for a while and it could be win or bust. Fine to do ok at city and liverpool and get 0 points but if they don't beat us they're really screwed. Huge pressure but they'll come out flying and have the crowd up for it early on.

If we can hold out the first half without conceding I think we'll win. Just got to be patient and not make any fck ups. Get the crowd on their backs or silent.

Even if they are, the fans are seated so far away at their stadium that their players won't even notice.

Edit: MLG beat me to it.

They’re not really wrong, are they. Take away ings goals this season and we average roughly a goal every 1.5 games.

They’re not really wrong, are they. Take away ings goals this season and we average roughly a goal every 1.5 games.
Apparently if you take away all the goals we've scored we'd be bottom of the league with zero wins all season. Really makes you think.

That's not really how it works is it.

How about if we had 2 Ings rather than Ings and Long. We'd have scored double the goals and be pushing Liverpool. Or something.

That's not really how it works is it.

How about if we had 2 Ings rather than Ings and Long. We'd have scored double the goals and be pushing Liverpool. Or something.

Then the statement ‘keep ings quiet, you keep us quiet’ wouldn’t be correct..

Apparently if you take away all the goals we've scored we'd be bottom of the league with zero wins all season. Really makes you think.

You are correct sir. Like the gentleman who said about keeping ings quiet, is also correct :)

And if Port Vale were on the Moon, they'd be on the moon.

True story.

The post said, if you stop ings from scoring, you’ve got a good chance of stopping us from scoring. As the stats show, that’s true. Or do you disagree?

The post said, if you stop ings from scoring, you’ve got a good chance of stopping us from scoring. As the stats show, that’s true. Or do you disagree?

The stats show that if you take away Ings' goals, we don't have Ings' goals. That's all. If Ings weren't here, we would likely have signed a different striker, who may or may not have scored X amount of goals and set up Y.

All you have 'proven' is that if you take away our best player and play with 10 men all season, we aren't very good.

The stats show that if you take away Ings' goals, we don't have Ings' goals. That's all. If Ings weren't here, we would likely have signed a different striker, who may or may not have scored X amount of goals and set up Y.

All you have 'proven' is that if you take away our best player and play with 10 men all season, we aren't very good.

So... as things currently stand... keep ings quiet, you’re likely to keep us quiet (as per the original post). Yes or no?

Nail. Head.

So... as things currently stand... keep ings quiet, you’re likely to keep us quiet (as per the original post). Yes or no?

No because that requires compromise to your preferred game plan in order to compensate for a particular player. In all likelihood it will create opportunities for other players as Saturday basically proved. If Villa did one thing right it was keep Ings fairly quiet, at the expense of Long, Djenepo and Armstrong having a turkey shoot.

No because that requires compromise to your preferred game plan in order to compensate for a particular player. In all likelihood it will create opportunities for other players as Saturday basically proved. If Villa did one thing right it was keep Ings fairly quiet, at the expense of Long, Djenepo and Armstrong having a turkey shoot.
You saved me the bother.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk