West Ham vs Saints - Build-up

SuperSAINT

We don’t tend to do well against them, Can see Antonio bullying our defenders again.

They are poor at the moment and will inevitably lose tomorrow at Liverpool.

However the natives are restless but we all know from the thread on here during the week the atmosphere from the fans has absolutely no bearing on the game or teams performance so unfortunately we can’t use that to our advantage.

We don’t tend to do well against them, Can see Antonio bullying our defenders again.

They are poor at the moment and will inevitably lose tomorrow at Liverpool.

However the natives are restless but we all know from the thread on here during the week the atmosphere from the fans has absolutely no bearing on the game or teams performance so unfortunately we can’t use that to our advantage.

Keep JWP at RB. Let him sort Antonio out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Unusually, they don't have masses of injuries (which they normally seem to have when we play them).

I seem to recall Moyes saying they were WAY better in their recent loss to Man City.

I'm often suprised to see them down the bottom as player-for-player, they seem to have some really talented players.

Unusually, they don't have masses of injuries (which they normally seem to have when we play them).

I seem to recall Moyes saying they were WAY better in their recent loss to Man City.

I'm often suprised to see them down the bottom as player-for-player, they seem to have some really talented players.

They may have talented players but they don't make a team. No cohesion. No team spirit.

A repeat of our first trip to their awful ground would be nice, and with the way we play away from home there’s no reason we couldn’t win comfortably.

Don’t know how likely it is that West Ham AND Bournemouth could both go down but here’s hoping we can help with that.

I would love to see them go down. If we could assist with that, even a draw would do, with their fixtures it’s a must win for them. Given how we play away I’m quite confident, they have to come at us, they can’t sit back. And that should suit our away game down to the ground.

I think it’s a really valid point about their thoughts about our game.

Coming off the City & Liverpool fixtures, they will have totally different expectations to come & attack us.

Could play into our hands if we are on it.

Are they passing it under Moyes? Or hoofing?

I think it’s a really valid point about their thoughts about our game.

Coming off the City & Liverpool fixtures, they will have totally different expectations to come & attack us.

Could play into our hands if we are on it.

Are they passing it under Moyes? Or hoofing?

Doesn’t matter hw they play they have the master of motivation in Moyes. He is a winner and has won everywhere he has been. Heard it at his press conference. Bilic doing well at WBA

0-3

Goes without saying would love to see them go down and that terrible stadium in the championship, also get to watch their derby matches against Millwall for some neutral entertainment.

Hard to predict for this game though, depends on how we can defend , hopefully their confidence takes a hit in a thrashing at Liverpool tomorrow

Will be a really tough game, but expecting a good atmosphere from our lot. 3pm Saturday London away game, everyone will be smashed, hopefully our away form will be enough. Worry about their physicality as they always seem to bully us, and can't see their tactic for this one being any different. They are desparate, and will be massively edgey in that ground if we go 1-0 up. Think they have more protests against the owners planned.

1-2

Will be a really tough game, but expecting a good atmosphere from our lot. 3pm Saturday London away game, everyone will be smashed, hopefully our away form will be enough. Worry about their physicality as they always seem to bully us, and can't see their tactic for this one being any different. They are desparate, and will be massively edgey in that ground if we go 1-0 up. Think they have more protests against the owners planned.

1-2

Generating any sort of atmosphere in that abomination of a stadium is near-on impossible.

Not a team we seem to do that well against. Hopefully we can put them to the sword this time.

Like to see jwp back in the middle. Hopefully Valery or kwp will be considered ready by the weekend.

Difficult call. Yes, would like JWP back in midfield, but he's our best RB at the moment. After Smallbone's game yesterday, I'd keep the same team and encourage JWP to add Antonio to his pocket collection.

As usual on the useless South Western Railway there are engineering works on Saturday, no buses involved at least but trains are diverted between Woking at Waterloo takes about 2 hours from Southampton Central so take an extra can of beer for the train.

They have similar problems at home to us, Keown would probably call them hard to please, they are struggling generally but especially there.

Plus we are a much better team away from home.

Fancy our chances. Also seems they are already restless with Moyes, new manager bounce well and truly worn off.

If they've got any sense they'll play big Haller up top with Antonio supporting and just hoof it.

We won't be able to cope with their power and pace, and we won't be able to win the ball high up the pitch while their defenders fiddle around with it on the edge of their box.

If the Shammers try and make it a football match, I'd back us to take the points.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I am going to this (in the home end) with a bunch of mates. One is a West Ham fan obviously, but the others are Arsenal and Gillingham/Chelsea (pure glory supporting filth). All in all, it should be a good laugh if Saints win, we've been giving the hammer fan a lot of stick as the season's gone on.

All that said and done, I have never enjoyed a west ham vs saints game... still haunted by the 4-1 in our first season back up (same mates, also in the spammers end), and the 9year old skin head jumping up and down next to me wanting to have a scrap when lallana scored!

Heart says 3-1 saints, head says it will be a 1-1 draw.

Keep JWP at RB. Let him sort Antonio out.

Not wishing to nit pick, pretty certain Antonio is more of a right wing raider - so JWP will be needing to give Bertie some tips on how to worm his way into his head and be a psychological nuisance.

It is quite funny as that James Ward-Prowse does seem to be a very nice polite young man................. although I do like the way he just walks away from the scene of the "crime" with a look of yeah whatever in his stride.

Not wishing to nit pick, pretty certain Antonio is more of a right wing raider - so JWP will be needing to give Bertie some tips on how to worm his way into his head and be a psychological nuisance.

It is quite funny as that James Ward-Prowse does seem to be a very nice polite young man................. although I do like the way he just walks away from the scene of the "crime" with a look of yeah whatever in his stride.

I stand corrected, but still liked the balance of the team on Saturday and wouldn't rush to change it.

First trip to the Athletics stadium for me, really looking forward to this one. Pressure is really off us now and hugely on them. They'll be targeting this one as a game they have to get something from.

They won't be in much rhythm having basically played 'try not to lose by too much' type football the last few games and confidence will be low. Expect them to be up for it though, and if we can handle their long ball game better than we did at home I fancy us to get something here. If we get the first goal it will turn toxic.

Don't actually mind West Ham myself, but when things go wrong for them they do make it very entertaining for the neutrals. I'm going 1-2 win.

Shame Redmond unfit he was looking red hot at Spurs and this game would have suited his direct running. I think West Ham may be too physical again for us. Will need Romeu in from the start.

His absence may not be bad as you fear you know. If Djenepo & Boufal can have a run of starts don't be surprised if Redmond struggles to get back in. Look what happened on Saturday, Djenepo started and delivered a blinder.

If you're in the away end take a telescope for when the football is beyond the half way line. Awful ground to watch football.

Especially if you are up the back of the away stand........differently bad when you are on the lower tier too, got seats down there 1st season they were there, spent most of the half when we were attacking the other end watching the bloody great big screen as depth perception actually watching the game totally went to pot.

I can't make this one. Mixed feelings: I think, or at least hope, that we can get a good win and will be sorry to miss that.

But access to the stadium is pretty awful, no decent pubs nearby, atmosphere is non-existent and view of the game ridiculously bad. There are no good seats. I've been twice, although after the first time I said never again, but gave it a second chance. Mistake.

Please let them.be relegated so I don't have a decision to make next season. Would be hilarious to see the place half empty in the Championship. They struggle to make the place feel like a football stadium when it's full (because it's designed for athletics). Half empty, it'll be like a morgue.