Poorest performances from a side we’ve played home and away in a season

Barsiem

Villa have been utterly inept in both games we’ve played against them this season, to the point I cannot think of another pair of such poor performances against us in a single season home and away. Anyone remember any other teams that have been so poor in a single season?

Note this is for Saints opponents! I’m sure we can all come up with several dozen utterly inept Saints performances home and away !!

Villa have been utterly inept in both games we’ve played against them this season, to the point I cannot think of another pair of such poor performances against us in a single season home and away. Anyone remember any other teams that have been so poor in a single season?

Note this is for Saints opponents! I’m sure we can all come up with several dozen utterly inept Saints performances home and away !!

I'd say Villa were poor because we didn't let them play. We were by far the better team.

From your last paragraph (with which I disagree: we've had some disappointing performances under Ralph, but few - possibly only one - that could be called inept) this seems like an attempt to discredit Saints by suggesting we only won because the opposition were awful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We have caught them at good times I think.

One eye on the cup final (naturally) yesterday and the loss of McGinn in the 1st game shock them + Mings was injured.

At the same time we have played well in both games and yesterday was arguably our best home performance this season.

I'd say Villa were poor because we didn't let them play. We were by far the better team.

From your last paragraph (with which I disagree: we've had some disappointing performances under Ralph, but few - possibly only one - that could be called inept) this seems like an attempt to discredit Saints by suggesting we only won because the opposition were awful.

Sheesh somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... We’ve played very well both games against Villa, but I don’t think it can be denied that they also have shown no fight in both games which has made our job a lot easier.

And where exactly did I say inept performances under Hassenhuttl? Surely you remember the Branfoot, Redknapp & Wotte years?

Sheesh somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... We’ve played very well both games against Villa, but I don’t think it can be denied that they also have shown no fight in both games which has made our job a lot easier.

And where exactly did I say inept performances under Hassenhuttl? Surely you remember the Branfoot, Redknapp & Wotte years?

Fair enough, if you're going back that far! Still think dozens is an exaggeration.

And apologies if you're not actually belittling the performance. And to answer your question, I'd have said Sunderland in the 8-0, although they did of course win the return game.

Edited by Shroppie

Wolves were pretty bad in 2003/04 when we beat them home and away. However yesterday’s Villa performance doesn’t come close to the 4-2 at Villa Park when they were last up (the game when the few fans who actually turned up were chucking paper planes at their players) I think if we had someone who could finish better than Long we’d have won that about 7-2.