Coronavirus

whelk

Yeah, I think I was late to the party with this one. Now B&Q is closed every man and his dog will be ordering Rawlplugs online.

I thought about getting some electrical stuff this weekend from B and Q but thought I’d be good as not really essential.

I thought about getting some electrical stuff this weekend from B and Q but thought I’d be good as not really essential.

Good lad! I though about going to B&Q but I only really needed safety goggles and spare discs for the angle grinder, so decided not to risk it.

On a different and slightly morbid note, the national fatality statistics for the end of the year will make for interesting reading. Supposedly around 500,000 die in the UK annually. The government reckon C19 would kill that number alone if left unchecked. 250k with moderate safety measures and f*ckwittery and a target of 20k with strict, draconian measures.

Supposing our unwillingness to adapt and stay in until now means we’ve missed the target already and we end up with 100k C19 related deaths. I wonder how many of those would fall into the national average of 500k but have just been brought forward a few months.

Not that I’m trying to downplay the severity of the situation, hopefully I live long enough to see my curiosity satisfied.

Yeah, I think I was late to the party with this one. Now B&Q is closed every man and his dog will be ordering Rawlplugs online.

Good lad! I though about going to B&Q but I only really needed safety goggles and spare discs for the angle grinder, so decided not to risk it.

On a different and slightly morbid note, the national fatality statistics for the end of the year will make for interesting reading. Supposedly around 500,000 die in the UK annually. The government reckon C19 would kill that number alone if left unchecked. 250k with moderate safety measures and f*ckwittery and a target of 20k with strict, draconian measures.

Supposing our unwillingness to adapt and stay in until now means we’ve missed the target already and we end up with 100k C19 related deaths. I wonder how many of those would fall into the national average of 500k but have just been brought forward a few months.

Not that I’m trying to downplay the severity of the situation, hopefully I live long enough to see my curiosity satisfied.

Phew! We can all relax.

“The DIY and Hardware store sector has been categorised as an essential retailer by the government.”

B&Q stores are closed today, Tuesday, but open after that.

https://www.diy.com/customer-support/#icamp=HP_Hero_customersupport

Apparently Sports Direct is claiming to be "essential". Is this right?

Their official hosting company (fraser something i think?) is playing the line that they are essential because they stock fitness equipment and clothing, which is what all the population need in order to stay fit.

So, basically, the cretins are trying to use this awful situation to maximize their profits. They've closed now due to the backlash, but they've been very reluctant too because they feel they offer 'essential services'. They don't.

Mike Ashley should be ashamed.

It's been postponed now by the Olympic body, 2021.

No idea why the hell it took so long really. Pretty obvious it couldn't happen.

Dan Patrick has a different point of view in the US to keep things going (not specifically the Olympics).

Really feel for the health workers around the world.

from next week, 35,000 extra Doctors/Nurses/Clinical staff will be working in the NHS.

Excel Centre is being set up as a field hospital, 4000+ bed capacity. Run by the military! That means **** is going to get utterly disgusting over the next two weeks or so

stay at home everyone.

Edited by Batman

from next week, 35,000 extra Doctors/Nurses/Clinical staff will be working in the NHS.

Excel Centre is being set up as a field hospital, 4000+ bed capacity. Run by the military! That means **** is going to get utterly disgusting over the next two weeks or so

stay at home everyone.

BBC says its to be staffed by NHS with logistical support from Army, presumably moving patients around

20:30 Monday, Boris Johnson tells the nation "You MUST stay at home".

Early Tuesday morning, all mobile telephone networks send out text messages - "Stay at home".

Tuesday briefing, Matt Hancock : "If you cannot work from home, go to work".

20:30 Monday, Boris Johnson tells the nation "You MUST stay at home".

Early Tuesday morning, all mobile telephone networks send out text messages - "Stay at home".

Tuesday briefing, Matt Hancock : "If you cannot work from home, go to work".

that was said by the PM to.

people are either thick or being overtly difficult to not understand what was said.

So much for the hope that it was levelling off or decreasing

Probably going to see a couple of spikes because of an increase in getting food supplies around the time of their lockdowns. They had a northern Italy lockdown, a country wide lockdown and then they tightened the rules a couple of days later which might explain the spikes.

Johnson said 'If it is absolutely necessary", Hanconck said "If you cannot work at home".

Mixed messages.

only if you are an idiot. And appears, many are. Also, waaaay to many people (on social media) dismissing advice because it's coming from "tory scum"

We’re going to see people dying in hospital corridors, much like in Italy and Spain.

The government had a couple of weeks to try to get on top of it but dithered with the idiotic “we’ll do something at the right time” mantra and have singularly failed to test and trace or to send clear messaging to the public.

only if you are an idiot. And appears, many are. Also, waaaay to many people (on social media) dismissing advice because it's coming from "tory scum"

People are think and ignorant. They reallY need to spelling out to them it’s quite pathetic really.

The worst thing about all this is the amount of people desperate to bash the government whatever they do. I genuinely think some wish that this gets worse so they can say they told you so that the government got it wrong.

Their official hosting company (fraser something i think?) is playing the line that they are essential because they stock fitness equipment and clothing, which is what all the population need in order to stay fit.

So, basically, the cretins are trying to use this awful situation to maximize their profits. They've closed now due to the backlash, but they've been very reluctant too because they feel they offer 'essential services'. They don't.

Mike Ashley should be ashamed.

And just reporting they hiked up prices of the things in demand like dumb bells and dart boards. Lovely fella

I wonder how many of the “not my prime minister” brigade will happily take his 80% wages rather than be laid off

they will at least complain their local (labour) MP that their bathbombs didnt arrive in the post as advertised, which impacted their mental health!

Edited by Batman

stay at home everyone.

Yes but we definitely take over an exhibition centre and convert into a makeshift field hospital with 4,000 beds for the seasonal flu every year right? Because this is just the same as the flu or something.

People are think and ignorant. They reallY need to spelling out to them it’s quite pathetic really.

The worst thing about all this is the amount of people desperate to bash the government whatever they do. I genuinely think some wish that this gets worse so they can say they told you so that the government got it wrong.

To be fair, if Corbyn was the one handing out the orders you would probably be wining like a baby

To be fair, if Corbyn was the one handing out the orders you would probably be wining like a baby

I would not. I would be willing them to succeed.

What a time to be PM, Chancellor and Health Secretary!

I think Hancock has done very well, in what is an impossible task.

We are living through history right now and they are having to make the best fist of it; make life and death decisions for thousands of us, to protect millions of us.

Edited by Batman

No I wouldn’t. If Corbin did a good job I’d say it. Unlike some I’m not blinded by cult like loyalty to one or the other parties. I just happened to think Corbyn is one of the worst political Leaaders of all time and the county seemed to ageee with me as the lost to landslide to one of the worst Tory parties ever.

I would not. I would be willing them to succeed.

What a time to be PM, Chancellor and Health Secretary!

I think Hancock has done very well, in what is an impossible task.

We are living through history right now and they are having to make the best fist of it; make life and death decisions for thousands of us, to protect millions of us.

Anyone who constantly looks to bash the government at the moment is a helmet. People should put political leanings to one side and get in with it, just like brexit, rather than want it all to wrong so they can be proven right.

No I wouldn’t. If Corbin did a good job I’d say it. Unlike some I’m not blinded by cult like loyalty to one or the other parties. I just happened to think Corbyn is one of the worst political Leaaders of all time and the county seemed to ageee with me as the lost to landslide to one of the worst Tory parties ever.

Maybe some people don’t think Boris is doing a great job?

Maybe some people don’t think Boris is doing a great job?

Maybe they do, maybe he could have done better. He’s not got everything right, but who would have? He’s obviously listening to experts not just deciding to do what he wants. No one has been in this situation before and it’s very easy to say he should be doing this and that. Like everything is this frigging country these days there is always someone moaning that they’re little group have been missed out. Is it really nessasary to remind people all the time that the tories have done this that and the other in the past? That what I’m seeing a lot of on social media. People shouldn’t give a sh1t about past, we don’t have a global pandemic now because of something the tories did 8 years ago.

Maybe they do, maybe he could have done better. He’s not got everything right, but who would have? He’s obviously listening to experts not just deciding to do what he wants. No one has been in this situation before and it’s very easy to say he should be doing this and that. Like everything is this frigging country these days there is always someone moaning that they’re little group have been missed out. Is it really nessasary to remind people all the time that the tories have done this that and the other in the past? That what I’m seeing a lot of on social media. People shouldn’t give a sh1t about past, we don’t have a global pandemic now because of something the tories did 8 years ago.

No but 10 years of cuts to the NHS just because some arseholes don’t like paying a bit more in tax has not really helped the current situation has it? I don’t blame anyone for being angry about that.

Personally I don’t think the current government have handled it too bad, they seem to be a couple of weeks too late in most their decisions but wether that’s the case only time will tell.

We don’t have a global pandemic now because of something the tories did 8 years ago.

But we do have a much-reduced and over stretched NHS thanks to the last 8 or so years.

And a lot of other things.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

No but 10 years of cuts to the NHS just because some arseholes don’t like paying a bit more in tax has not really helped the current situation has it? I don’t blame anyone for being angry about that.

Personally I don’t think the current government have handled it too bad, they seem to be a couple of weeks too late in most their decisions but wether that’s the case only time will tell.

But we do have a much-reduced and over stretched NHS thanks to the last 8 or so years.

And a lot of other things.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Every health service in the world is struggling with this, is that the Tories fault too?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus