Coronavirus

whelk

Advise to not buy shares in any cruise companies.

Expect Netflix will see a boost in subscriptions though.

Although being very cynical but if it takes out older people with;underlying health issues then that would be where economies would want to lose people presumably?

I’m sure that poor people will be disproportionately affected and therefore this is some sort of Tory barstard plot.

Don't forget Philip Glenister as the DCI trying to expose a cover up by the local council.

Having recently warched a box set of Life on Mars I think that Lord Duckhunter could happily play the Philip Glenister role .... or perhaps Philip Glenister could play Lord Duckhunter.

lots of teenage lads “self isolating”.

:lol:

I have been trying to figure this out and can only assume a major concern that people have if they have to “self isolate” for 14 days is not running out of loo roll. It makes you wonder how many rolls some people get through in a week!

Serie A has been suspended in Italy, expect the same will happen in France soon too, European games being played behind closed doors.

America is utterly screwed, barely anybody can afford sick leave from work, let alone a doctor or hospital stay.

Serie A has been suspended in Italy, expect the same will happen in France soon too, European games being played behind closed doors.

America is utterly screwed, barely anybody can afford sick leave from work, let alone a doctor or hospital stay.

.... and the mad man in charge doesn't accept that it is a problem!!

Surely there's next to no chance of Euro 2020 going ahead? It's not like it's even in one location where movements can be controlled and monitored, it's spread all over the place and people will need to make late-call travel plans to attend matches.

And very few have savings to call upon.

Nadine Dorries tests positive.

God really must hate Brexit. After all the storms that he sent us once we had left he is now sending a plague to wipe out the old gammon and swivels like Mad Dorris.

I hope that Les doesn't go down with it. He is at a vulnerable age and if he went who would supply as much amusement?

God really must hate Brexit. After all the storms that he sent us once we had left he is now sending a plague to wipe out the old gammon and swivels like Mad Dorris.

I hope that Les doesn't go down with it. He is at a vulnerable age and if he went who would supply as much amusement?

Charming.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

And yet, the 'Plague' as you put it, has been far worse for the Europeans which makes a mockery of your argument....

Really!!! :mcinnes:

Private message boy showing his true weirdo colours

Just read Trump’s speech. “Foreign virus’

No doubt Americans should be blaming the Chinese for all their deaths with bit of blame on the Europeans who didn’t take the precautions of restricting travel early enough.

Trump was prepared though notwithstanding that thought its seriousness was exaggerated then gave some bs about a vaccine being imminent. What a statesman for a crisis.

Trump is a complete ****. To make this a "foreigner" thing just shows his narcissism, lack of compassion and self-interest. Travel bans are sensible. "Foreigner" rhetoric is not.

But every sensible person knew he was a **** already.

Meanwhile, this is quite interesting and worth a read:

[Young and Unafraid of the Coronavirus Pandemic? Good for You. Now Stop Killing People | Opinion] http://va.newsrepublic.net/al/QxxZRe

If you want to see whats going on in Italy, then listen/read the audio in this article by ITV.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

Italy has 827 died, and 1045 recovered at the time of writing. Reasonable to assume that those numbers cover the hospital admissions (excluding those that haven't run their course).

Safe to say you do not want to wind up in hospital with this.

Trump is a complete ****. To make this a "foreigner" thing just shows his narcissism, lack of compassion and self-interest. Travel bans are sensible. "Foreigner" rhetoric is not.

But every sensible person knew he was a **** already.

Meanwhile, this is quite interesting and worth a read:

[Young and Unafraid of the Coronavirus Pandemic? Good for You. Now Stop Killing People | Opinion] http://va.newsrepublic.net/al/QxxZRe

Taiwan suffered badly with SARS and learnt from it. Have implemented an aggressive lock down plan at the start of latest Coronavirus outbreak, and have been successful in combating the spread and containing the virus.

Could the UK succeed with the same plan? - it needs 100% cooperation and compliance to work.

It’s disturbing how few people the US has tested (~8500). Compare that with the UK (-27,500) despite the US having a population nearly 5x larger than the UK. Without proper testing, it’s impossible to track the movement of the virus, identify and isolate clusters and make risk-based assessments about prioritisation and resourcing.

It’s disturbing how few people the US has tested (~8500). Compare that with the UK (-27,500) despite the US having a population nearly 5x larger than the UK. Without proper testing, it’s impossible to track the movement of the virus, identify and isolate clusters and make risk-based assessments about prioritisation and resourcing.

Trump likes the numbers where they are.

On a more substantive point, dare I say there are structural deficiencies in the US health system when it comes to managing national public health situations.

Somebody told me that a week or so ago it cost $3000 to have a test. Even a tenth of that will mean that there will be know rush to be tested.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

What a weird comment.

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-italy-doctors-tough-calls-survival/

"Save scarce resources for those patients who have the greatest chance of survival. That means prioritizing younger, otherwise healthy patients over older patients or those with pre-existing conditions."

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

"They've told us that starting from now we'll have to choose who to intubate - priority will go to the young or those without comorbidities."

"At Niguarda, the other big hospital in Milan, they are not intubating anyone over 60, which is really, really young."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/11/151110102147.htm

I have been carrying copper coins in my pockets (not decimal) but old pennies from pre 1950 as they are high in copper content. Touch/rub them during the day and it may well help keep the virus at bay. There is no guarantee that this will work of course.

The article I have pasted was in 2015 but still the theory must still hold, although I did know that viruses dont survive on copper wheras on stainless steel they can survive for days.

Median incubation period is five days. The time from exposure to onset of infectiousness may be shorter than the incubation period.

An analysis of infections in Singapore and Tianjin in China revealed that two-thirds and three-quarters of people respectively appear to have caught it from others who were incubating the virus but still symptom-free.

"Save scarce resources for those patients who have the greatest chance of survival. That means prioritizing younger, otherwise healthy patients over older patients or those with pre-existing conditions."

"They've told us that starting from now we'll have to choose who to intubate - priority will go to the young or those without comorbidities."

"At Niguarda, the other big hospital in Milan, they are not intubating anyone over 60, which is really, really young."

Will probably end up happening here as well thanks to the Tories cuts to the NHS.

We get what we vote for.

That is bloody scary.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus