Coronavirus

whelk

It’s load of old pony unless you factor in the long term consequences for mental and physical well being that’ll follow the upcoming depression.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, we will suffer a financial meltdown. It would have been a hell of a lot less painful if we'd locked down earlier and more effectively. I'd hazard an educated guess that Germany, France, even Italy and Spain will be back to normal both socially and economically before we are.

At No 10 now apparently. What do we reckon - fantastic colleague, doesn't want to be a distraction from resolving this crisis, going to take a break and brought back into lower profile job some time down the line?

Nah, reckon he’ll ride it through. After the success of “get Brexit done” he won’t want to be seen off by this, and Boris will back him.

Yep, we will suffer a financial meltdown. It would have been a hell of a lot less painful if we'd locked down earlier and more effectively. I'd hazard an educated guess that Germany, France, even Italy and Spain will be back to normal both socially and economically before we are.

Spain are already ahead of us socially. Many parts of the country moved to phase 1 of their de-escalation last Monday, bars and restaurants have reopened and groups of up to 10 are allowed to meet up outside with social distancing. Spain is heading for their new normal at phase 4, looking to go into each phase 2 or 3 weeks each time.

Nah, reckon he’ll ride it through. After the success of “get Brexit done” he won’t want to be seen off by this, and Boris will back him.

I think he'll be gone today, but in a "taking a break from the unfair media harassment" kind of way. He'll jack in the box before covid has passed through.

Pony.

Lefties like you have been saying for years that austerity kills. That poverty & unemployment kill, yet you don’t appear willing to accept a depression the like of which we’ve not witnessed in our lifetime will see an increase in deaths and serious illness. You don’t appear to think that there is a difference in the number of future deaths and illness’ between a draconian lockdown and sensible precautions. One would have produced recession & one is now going to produce a depression. Do you now not believe that economic hardship & unemployment cause illness & death.

As for Spain, France & Italy being back to normal before us in terms of economics, you’re deluded. We’re effectively being paid to borrow money at the moment, but that won’t last forever. Once the world is the other side of this virus the markets will punish the countries that don’t get a grip on their finances. Thank **** we have some control over our currency, because the German Euro is going to screw the vast majority of Eu countries.

I think he'll be gone today, but in a "taking a break from the unfair media harassment" kind of way. He'll jack in the box before covid has passed through.

Lets hope that he stays until the next PMQs which will, I guess, be a week on Wednesday. Starmer can then be let loose on Johnson on this subject. It will be amusing - even though I am not a great fun of blood sports. :lol:

Pony.

Lefties like you have been saying for years that austerity kills. That poverty & unemployment kill, yet you don’t appear willing to accept a depression the like of which we’ve not witnessed in our lifetime. You don’t appear to think that there is a difference in the number of future deaths and illness’ between a draconian lockdown and sensible precautions. One would have produced recession & one is now going to produce a depression. Do you now not believe that economic hardship & unemployment cause illness & death.

As for Spain, France & Italy being back to normal before us in terms of economics, you’re deluded. We’re effectively being paid to borrow money at the moment, but that won’t last forever. Once the world is the other side of this virus the markets will punish the countries that don’t get a grip on their finances. Thank **** we have some control over our currency, because the German Euro is going to screw the vast majority of Eu countries.

Lefty. Behave.

Any chance you can stay on topic?

While you're too blinkered to see it, those countries I mentioned have all dealt with covid better than we have. Consequently, they'll recover socially and economically before we do.

Lets hope that he stays until the next PMQs which will, I guess, be a week on Wednesday. Starmer can then be let loose on Johnson on this subject. It will be amusing - even though I am not a great fun of blood sports. :lol:

It will be like being savaged by a dead sheep to borrow from Dennis Healey.

Not been long on this forum and enjoy reading some of the sensible insightful views on this thread along with the post "jousting" between

some groups but how the hell anyone on here can actually justify the actions of this cretin Cummins truly beggars belief, the man clearly has a superiority complex...

Is Wes his lover or something?

And whats with all the pony stuff... :lol:

Jeez ...you go on BBC website & it's Laura Kuenssburg trying to defend him, Tory toadies defending him on Twitter & i come on here & Ducky's doing the same!!

Kuenssburg is fighting for her job too. She got too close to Cummings, sacrificing objectivity for being one of the favoured few hand fed by him. She almost certainly knew where he was long before she was told on twitter but did nothing with the information.

What a useless pr1ck Pestom was.

Loves sound of own voice and allowed waffle.

BBC and Ch4 Qs good and clearly annoying him. He just wants to get through them and get out.

Made it all worse though. Do even Tories trust this cnt?

An appallingly bad performance. As soon as he was asked direct questions he resorted to parroting the same response which is not consistent with official advice, blustering and shutting questioners down to move on.

Specifically he did not deny Cummings went out to Barnard Castle and asserted that Cummings had no alternative, despite the fact his wife has family in London. He also dodged answering when he knew about the Durham trip.

He's now added bad judgement to lying, inconsistency and lack of integrity to his already impressive portfolio of weaknesses.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

What a load of old pony.

It really isn’t Duckie. I’m no expert but those who are are saying that a second wave has the potential to kill many more than the first wave. Governments are taking it seriously because it is a very serious outbreak. Only flat earthers can pretend that there has been an overreaction. If you really do believe that it isn’t a problem perhaps you should volunteer to help out in a care home.

Boris Johnson just insulted every person in the country who has made sacrifices to follow the rules he implemented to save lives in this pandemic. Any shred of leadership Boris had left has just crumbled away, all the guidelines have just been torn up.

At No 10 now apparently. What do we reckon - fantastic colleague, doesn't want to be a distraction from resolving this crisis, going to take a break and brought back into lower profile job some time down the line?

Bang on there.

Fair play to conservative MPs and commentators (the Spectators (well some contributors), Iain Dales, Tim Montgomeries, Julia Hartley-Brewers etc of this world) who know this absolutely stinks.

Edited by shurlock

Boris may regret the day he chucked himself on a grenade for Cummings.

He has lost all credibility.

But it was funny to watch!:lol:

Chemical Ali impression as was Shapps. Patronising but misjudged

Made me smile seeing on Twitter:

I haven’t seen Twitter this angry and united since U2 put that album in our phones.

I am pretty undecided about this. I do think optically it looks terrible and it does undermine the government position so maybe he should go for that alone. On the other hand, I do think that motivation is important here. If I lived in Manchester and the only other people I trusted to look after my young child lived down south, my wife became ill with the virus and I suspected I would soon be next then I'd absolutely drive down south. That's if the official version is actually what happened of course.

I will be interested to see how this plays to the vast majority of the public who are non political. I've spoken to a load of people about the issue today and I was surprised by the number who either didn't know anything about it or didn't really know who Dominic Cummings was before this weekend. Ultimately if he does end up going it will be because of the opinion of the public- the actual public not the permenently outraged on twitter- rather than some headlines in the guardian and mirror. I think on balance he probably did break the rules and so should probably be sacked.

Edited by hypochondriac

I am pretty undecided about this. I do think optically it looks terrible and it does undermine the government position so maybe he should go for that alone. On the other hand, I do think that motivation is important here. If I lived in Manchester and the only other people I trusted to look after my young child lived down south, my wife became ill with the virus and I suspected I would soon be next then I'd absolutely drive down south. That's if the official version is actually what happened of course.

I will be interested to see how this plays to the vast majority of the public who are non political. I've spoken to a load of people about the issue today and I was surprised by the number who either didn't know anything about it or didn't really know who Dominic Cummings was before this weekend. Ultimately if he does end up going it will be because of the opinion of the public- the actual public not the permenently outraged on twitter- rather than some headlines in the guardian and mirror.

Fcking hell. Yeah mate his integrity shines through not like all those obedient fools who did what they were told.

While you're too blinkered to see it, those countries I mentioned have all dealt with covid better than we have. Consequently, they'll recover socially and economically before we do.

Wow, you really think that Spain & Italy will recover economically before us? No chance. They’re heading for a long hard road ahead, German interests will see to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is kind of worrying that an unelected arsehole like Cummings appears to be so indispensable to our government. Regardless of wether he technically broke the rules or not (he obviously did), this whole affair looks terrible for the Tories and could have a negative effect on the lockdown and maybe cost lives. Surely sacking him and getting another advisor is a no brainer.

Is kind of worrying that an unelected arsehole like Cummings appears to be so indispensable to our government. Regardless of wether he technically broke the rules or not (he obviously did), this whole affair looks terrible for the Tories and could have a negative effect on the lockdown and maybe cost lives. Surely sacking him and getting another advisor is a no brainer.

Yep. It feels like Emu trying to sack Rod Hull sadly.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus