Coronavirus

whelk

It's amusing to see Cummings complaining about the media saying things that weren't true (even though they probably we're) when getting the media to report fals news was the main way he won the referendum and an election.

Still not over it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What’s happened to Les these last few years?

I also knew he was a conservative with politely xenophobic views on some issues. But I basically put it down to the world being a bit too fast for him and nothing more. He always reminded me of George from Rainbow –basically a harmless and gentle duffer. He’s still a duffer but he’s gone on all dark, twisted, angry and extreme. It's a disturbing decline and transformation.

:(

I can sense your pain, what with how political events have transpired these last several months, which is causing you to lash out at me and others over the political divide from you. You have my sympathy. It must be hard for you being so wrong about Brexit, the outcome of the election, the UK finally gaining the upper hand in the IP negotiations with a competent negotiator at the helm, and now this. :(

Rod Liddle hits nail on head.

“Is it entirely beyond the wit of our gilded political correspondents to ask a different question to the one asked by the previous interlocutor? One after the other they lined up to ask Dominic Cummings the same question, over and over again. Does Peston think he’s asking it better than Kuenssberg? Does Beth Rigby think that asking it for a fourth time will be more elucidatory because she asked it with open contempt in her voice? And how magnificently puffed up they all were. When they were en route to the press conference did they all think the same thing: that they had the killer question and nobody else would have thought of it?”

As a newbie, what does this mean as it went right over my head

As you're new and you've definitely never posted on here before I'll explain.

At Saints Web global headquarters we have a highly sophisticated internment facility, for the porpoises of psychological research. One of our more interesting inmates is a delinquent schizophrenic called Carol, who we've allowed to express herself through the usernames 'Turkish' and 'Matthew Le God'. Some of the results on various threads have been nothing short of fascinating.

Whelk, as far as I'm aware, is not a real person but a piece of Chinese malware which Baj and Steve have been unable to delete.

Anyway, I hope this clears things up, lets get back on topic.

Imagine putting your sons life at risk by driving with poor eyesight. You know, that son you care so much about that you drove 260 miles in lockdown because you were so worried about him.

And then imagine you could have not had that risk by, you know, asking your wife to drive? But then that wouldn’t fit the lie would it.

Imagine putting your sons life at risk by driving with poor eyesight. You know, that son you care so much about that you drove 260 miles in lockdown because you were so worried about him.

And then imagine you could have not had that risk by, you know, asking your wife to drive? But then that wouldn’t fit the lie would it.

If she wasn't ill then she could easily have driven, so no need for the 'eye test'. If she was then she should not have been out of the home.

As you're new and you've definitely never posted on here before I'll explain.

At Saints Web global headquarters we have a highly sophisticated internment facility, for the porpoises of psychological research. One of our more interesting inmates is a delinquent schizophrenic called Carol, who we've allowed to express herself through the usernames 'Turkish' and 'Matthew Le God'. Some of the results on various threads have been nothing short of fascinating.

Whelk, as far as I'm aware, is not a real person but a piece of Chinese malware which Baj and Steve have been unable to delete.

Anyway, I hope this clears things up, lets get back on topic.

Err... :?::?:

Using the kid as a potential crash test dummy is just his judgement of responsible parenting.

What feels so strange about all of this is the lack of a support infrastructure for Cummings's kid. Whem my son was small I worked full time and my wife part time . My wife had a network of friends from NCT and other groups who could be relied upon to perform baby sitting duties / parenting / picking up from nursery etc when required. It tended to be done on a reciprocal arrangement. When your child is ill we look after him. When mine is ill you look after mine. That was in a rural market town in Oxfordshire.

I cannot believe that such an arrangement didnt exist in Islington - especially for 2 parents in highly demanding jobs who would often work far more than 40 hours per week and probably depend upon such arrangements for childcare.

Where was the support network for the Cummings? Did they really have no friends etc that they could rely on who were closer than County Durham? Who looked after their kid when they were in their all demanding jobs when he was not at school/ nursery?

Edited by Tamesaint

Maybe they had a Nanny who misinterpreted the lockdown rules and didn't go to work?

Unlikely that the Prime Minister's chiel political advisor and the editor of the Spectator would employ anybody that stupid to look after their son.

On second thoughts, bully for you that you and your wife had friends - not like you could rely on your racist family is it?

You do know the kid wasn't sick at the time don't you, so why is your ******** about reciprocal agreements with 'friends' looking after your kid when it is ill relevant?

Would your 'friends' be so eager to look after your kid if they knew you and your wife were ill with covid?

On second thoughts, bully for you that you and your wife had friends - not like you could rely on your racist family is it?

You do know the kid wasn't sick at the time don't you, so why is your ******** about reciprocal agreements with 'friends' looking after your kid when it is ill relevant?

Would your 'friends' be so eager to look after your kid if they knew you and your wife were ill with covid?

Why do I have a racist family?

Does it bother anyone that our lives are in the hands of someone who's senior advisor thought the best way of checking if his eyesight is ok is to go on a 30 mile drive with his family?

This man is supposed to be a genius but I’m struggling with his explanation of his trip to Barnard Castle. This is the first time in human history that anybody has ‘tested their eyesight’ by going for a 60 mile return drive. What if his eyesight has been bad? More importantly, how does he know that it wasn’t?

This man is supposed to be a genius but I’m struggling with his explanation of his trip to Barnard Castle. This is the first time in human history that anybody has ‘tested their eyesight’ by going for a 60 mile return drive. What if his eyesight has been bad? More importantly, how does he know that it wasn’t?

I feel sorry for any motorist on the road who encountered him whilst he was testing his eyesight. I wonder if his car insurance would have been compromised if he had had an accident whilst driving with defective sight.

Because anyone with an ounce of integrity knows its complete horse****.

Why do I have a racist family?

I see that you Weston super saint haven't answered and have now run away for the night.

I suppose that you are right. My family, like me, dislike thick as pig s hit country yokels like you. Other than that we have no problem with people whatever their race and colour.

Remind me again. How many zloty were there to the pound before and after the referendum?

This goes beyond party politics.

Cummings cocked a snook at the rules several times and should resign. His explanation is just not credible.

Any MP who has broken the lockdown rules in a similar fashion should also resign. I believe Stephen Kinnock May have some questions to answer.

Any MP who has broken the lockdown rules in a similar fashion should also resign. I believe Stephen Kinnock May have some questions to answer.

Careful, that’s way too consistent for here. You’re lucky the whataboutary monitors are on a night off.

I presume you think the same about the other 3 labour figures that have also admitted breaking lockdown rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful, that’s way too consistent for here. You’re lucky the whataboutary monitors are on a night off.

I presume you think the same about the other 3 labour figures that have also admitted breaking lockdown rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that consistent though, only in Guido-world.

Kinnock tweeted himself breaking the restrictions and took a ticking off from Glamorgan old bill the same day. I'm not sure what remaining questions there are to answer.

To be "consistent" Cummings would have tweeted a picture of himself at his dad's country pile in Durham the day he turned up. Where is that picture exactly?

Also, to be consistent, the two high profile government advisers who broke lockdown resigned within about a day in both cases. But obviously this government advisor isn't going to resign. Which isn't that consistent.

I see that you Weston super saint haven't answered and have now run away for the night.

I suppose that you are right. My family, like me, dislike thick as pig s hit country yokels like you. Other than that we have no problem with people whatever their race and colour.

Remind me again. How many zloty were there to the pound before and after the referendum?

Because you're also 'Unbelievable Jeff' who has a racist family - your statement about that, not mine. I don't know them so hard to judge. Nice to see your true colours shining through though ;)

Because you're also 'Unbelievable Jeff' who has a racist family - your statement about that, not mine. I don't know them so hard to judge. Nice to see your true colours shining through though ;)

I am not Unbelievable Jeff.

You really are a sad case. Are you on drugs or something or does being thick come naturally to you?

Any news on GBP and the zloty Mr Thicko?

I am not Unbelievable Jeff.

You really are a sad case. Are you on drugs or something or does being thick come naturally to you?

Any news on GBP and the zloty Mr Thicko?

Lol, of course not - I've only got one stalker on here (Shirlie doesn't count as he is just a sad and lonely old duffer that needs to use this place to try and convince himself he is still important rather than washed up and forgotten) - and that was Unbelievable Jeff, AKA Tamesaint. The speed at which you replied and denied kind of proves my point ;)

How are those electric gates, not been torn down yet by the local bullies in the Masons have they?

Lol, of course not - I've only got one stalker on here (Shirlie doesn't count as he is just a sad and lonely old duffer that needs to use this place to try and convince himself he is still important rather than washed up and forgotten) - and that was Unbelievable Jeff, AKA Tamesaint. The speed at which you replied and denied kind of proves my point ;)

How are those electric gates, not been torn down yet by the local bullies in the Masons have they?

You require some mental help mate.

Worth watching Kay Burley interviewing Gove if you haven’t seen it. Like Leeds playing with Saints in the early 70s and Gove doesn’t get anywhere near the ball. That’s their most experienced hand in the cabinet getting destroyed.

Worth watching Kay Burley interviewing Gove if you haven’t seen it. Like Leeds playing with Saints in the early 70s and Gove doesn’t get anywhere near the ball. That’s their most experienced hand in the cabinet getting destroyed.
At some point they might start thinking whether this is the issue they want to get destroyed over.

And they may well conclude yes it is, because the Sunday Times piece this weekend around the fatal delays in the government's approach has not been followed up at all. Lost in the fog.

It's easier for journalists and politicians to dance on the pin of the lies that Cummings told about his "eye test" drive to Barnards Castle on his wife's birthday.

But really it's the thousands of additional deaths caused by Boris and Cummings prevaricating instead of leading in early March that is the story. This Cummings fluff is the perfect human shield against that.

Rod Liddle hits nail on head.

“Is it entirely beyond the wit of our gilded political correspondents to ask a different question to the one asked by the previous interlocutor? One after the other they lined up to ask Dominic Cummings the same question, over and over again. Does Peston think he’s asking it better than Kuenssberg? Does Beth Rigby think that asking it for a fourth time will be more elucidatory because she asked it with open contempt in her voice? And how magnificently puffed up they all were. When they were en route to the press conference did they all think the same thing: that they had the killer question and nobody else would have thought of it?”

My thoughts exactly. Even posters here on a football forum have demonstrated more imagination in the questions than the UK's most illustrious left wing journos did yesterday. As they all hate Cummings with a vengeance because of the part he played in getting us out of the EU and helping Boris win the election with that stonking majority, one would have expected them to devise a joint strategy to bring about his downfall by coordinating the questions they were to ask beforehand.

Too late now. They had their chance and blew it. As I said, none of them laid a glove on him. Just asking the same questions of Boris shortly afterwards just made them look pathetic.

At some point they might start thinking whether this is the issue they want to get destroyed over.

And they may well conclude yes it is, because the Sunday Times piece this weekend around the fatal delays in the government's approach has not been followed up at all. Lost in the fog.

It's easier for journalists and politicians to dance on the pin of the lies that Cummings told about his "eye test" drive to Barnards Castle on his wife's birthday.

But really it's the thousands of additional deaths caused by Boris and Cummings prevaricating instead of leading in early March that is the story. This Cummings fluff is the perfect human shield against that.

Agreed, although the Led by Donkeys billboard trying to redress the balance.

Either way, the wheels are falling off the Boris clown car at record speed. Making the Major government look credible at this rate

My favourite Gove cartoon

https://www.flickr.com/gp/188610760@N03/P9Lo6J

Edited by buctootim

Gove also lied when he said that Cummings was following guidance when he drove to Barnard Castle to take a walk, as Government guidance permitted that. The updated advice that brought in that change came out weeks after DC returned to London.

Edited by badgerx16

Not sure I can quite believe this.

Let me get this straight: he went to a beauty spot - with his young child in the back of the car - to test his eye-sight? That is the excuse they have given for breaking the rules? Genuinely stunned that they have told such a ridiculously unbelievable lie. No-one truthfully believe that. It's absurd.

Cummings driving to a castle is frankly the least of the country's worries and I really don't give a **** about it. But the cabinet (led by Boris) have turned this into a huge deal by showing themselves up as, it's hard to put any other way, liars. Boris, Gove, Hancock, Williamson and Sunak are seriously damaging their reputations and that comes from a pro-Brexit, conservative!

Don't think we'll be able to vote for this government again.

Not sure I can quite believe this.

Let me get this straight: he went to a beauty spot - with his young child in the back of the car - to test his eye-sight? That is the excuse they have given for breaking the rules? Genuinely stunned that they have told such a ridiculously unbelievable lie. No-one truthfully believe that. It's absurd.

Cummings driving to a castle is frankly the least of the country's worries and I really don't give a **** about it. But the cabinet (led by Boris) have turned this into a huge deal by showing themselves up as, it's hard to put any other way, liars. Boris, Gove, Hancock, Williamson and Sunak are seriously damaging their reputations and that comes from a pro-Brexit, conservative!

Don't think we'll be able to vote for this government again.

Agree totally, its the brazen lying that catapaults it to a new level. Very disappointed in Sunak backing the lie, he's tarnished what was a very bright future.

I agree to an extent but I'd also say the Cummings story is a lightning rod for those wider issues - the story wouldn't nearly be as salient if the government's handling of the crisis had been competent. In practice, it juxtaposes the sacrifices that the public has had to make against a shower of a government that has broken its own rules while woefully mismanaging the crisis.

A health crisis has transmuted into a political crisis and the first and only instinct of this government is to protect its own tawdry skin and reputation rather than the integrity of a vital health message and the lives that depend on it. That speaks volumes.

Edited by shurlock

In other news, I see David Spiegelhalter, the Cambridge statistician and former President of the RSS, now says that the majority of Covid deaths would not have occurred in coming year (perhaps 5-15%) - so the virus isn't simply killing off those that were on their way out anyway. Who would have thought it.

Edited by shurlock

Not going as well as Cummings hoped today. Firstly, the consistent "make up your own mind, I think he acted reasonably, move on" message suddenly appearing from the Tory Hierarchy was too obvious and has been greeted with cynicism, as has the familiar blitzing of social media and TV with bot-created supportive tweets and comments.

Gove made an idiot of himself (not hard) trying to defend driving with your family onboard to test your eyesight.

More and more Tory anger that a Spad is dominating the agenda. There's a strong contingent that doesn't like the idea that Cummings is so vital to protect.

And now Cummings has been caught out doctoring his own blog to make it appear he predicted and warned about Coronavirus, which he didn't.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. Even posters here on a football forum have demonstrated more imagination in the questions than the UK's most illustrious left wing journos did yesterday. As they all hate Cummings with a vengeance because of the part he played in getting us out of the EU and helping Boris win the election with that stonking majority, one would have expected them to devise a joint strategy to bring about his downfall by coordinating the questions they were to ask beforehand.

Too late now. They had their chance and blew it. As I said, none of them laid a glove on him. Just asking the same questions of Boris shortly afterwards just made them look pathetic.

So you don’t think that Cummings being an elitist, self serving arrogant hypocrite has got anything to do with it?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus