Coronavirus

whelk

I love the way people put pictures of rural car parks as as sign of all mixing and spreading the infection. Are they banning driving to the supermarket too as their car park look pretty busy?

Of course it is not easy getting out of a car without spluttering on others.

Everything we’ve seen so far suggests we can’t afford to relax measures yet and that we need the same if not tighter restrictions to help keep deaths down. The problem with lifting restrictions in certain places is that people, some with the virus, will flock there in large crowds in order to enjoy the freedom and then we’ll just have large, regional outbreaks.

Yes it’s a trade off but I don’t think not exercising outdoors for 2 months (as an example) is really much of a sacrifice in the short term. Long term, of course none of this is sustainable and we need to use the time we’ve bought to come up with an effective exit strategy. The cost of drugs is a different issue as that will effect the NHS budget and yes, a trade off has to be met. We can’t afford to pay for all drugs we’d like but we can put our park run best times on hold for a few weeks.

Why do we need tighter restrictions? This is being swallowed hook line and sinker. Are we sure the horse hasn’t bolted and infections are no longer being spread on buses and in pubs and already in communities that may have it. I mean who hasn’t got message of precautions and washing and not going near anyone?

Why do we need tighter restrictions? This is being swallowed hook line and sinker. Are we sure the horse hasn’t bolted and infections are no longer being spread on buses and in pubs and already in communities that may have it. I mean who hasn’t got message of precautions and washing and not going near anyone?

Most of the government, apparently.

Dear god, some people are really showing what twts they really are.

A bloke who sings down our local did a Facebook live show from his garden last night. Many of the locals watched from home with a beer/ wine & there was some banter on the comments. Went on for about 45 minutes, and maybe a bit sad, but it was an ok way to pass early evening. Today, somebody has reported him to Facebook and he’s been warned regarding copyright breaches. They told him someone reported him and he needs to cease doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not saying we do but we might. I don't normally do internet dramatics but the rate of death is still going up and we haven't peaked yet. Anything that slows the spread of infection in the short term may have to be implemented to stop the NHS and its staff from being crippled. Exercise and dogs may have to take a back seat and I say this as someone who is fairly young, fairly active and owns a mad, inexhaustible husky.

The government certainly aren't doing this for the sake of it. I've seen plenty of conspiracy nutters on social media saying, 'ooh I wonder how many of our freedoms we'll be allowed back when this is over!?' The answer is all of them.

PM in hospital. Not good if symptoms aren't receding after a week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

My symptoms lasted for 12 days. Temperature up and down and lost sense of taste and smell for 5 days. Felt completely wiped out and even now still short of breath. Caught it on skiing holiday in France.

My symptoms lasted for 12 days. Temperature up and down and lost sense of taste and smell for 5 days. Felt completely wiped out and even now still short of breath. Caught it on skiing holiday in France.

Hope you’re feeling a bit better now. What were your first symptoms like?

Hope you’re feeling a bit better now. What were your first symptoms like?

Developed a cough but wasn’t a dry cough as has been reported but a chesty cough. Got a fever after day 2 which came and went for about 7-8 days. There were 4 of us on the skiing trip (the weekend France locked down) and we all became ill within 24 hours of getting home. All of our partners then became ill and my mates wife was taken to hospital on Friday because she was so ill and tested positive for Covid 19. My parter is still weak and short of breath after 14 days. Believe me people this is a very strange disease unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. Stay safe.

PM in hospital. Not good if symptoms aren't receding after a week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Probably had precautionary CT scan to check for pneumonia. I suspect that the outcome of this has resulted in him being hospitalised overnight. 20% of C19 cases require inpatient treatment.

Sorry Shurlock wanted to send you a PM but couldn’t work out how to. Thanks for asking after my well-being, really appreciated.

Sounds like both you and your partner have been through the wars. Horrendous stuff. I hope your mate’s wife pulls through OK - at least, she’s under close supervision. Take care and rest up.

Edited by shurlock

Whereabouts in France? I was skiing in France a few weeks back. Have been bit under weather with cough and high temp last week but hard to know if it was it. Hope it was but maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Whereabouts in France? I was skiing in France a few weeks back. Have been bit under weather with cough and high temp last week but hard to know if it was it. Hope it was but maybe wishful thinking on my part.

We were in Les Gets, my mate has an apartment there.

Do they realise that 5G hasn't been implemented yet?

EE reckon they rolled it out in Birmingham and Manchester last May.

Where is 5G?

We're leading the UK on 5G rollout. We launched with 5G coverage in London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Cardiff, Birmingham and Manchester in May 2019, and have expanded 5G on a daily basis. We've since added 5G to towns and cities including Hull, Leeds, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield and Sunderland, Northampton, Stevenage and Wakefield.

As well as switching on the first 5G sites in cities and large towns, we've brought 5G to more high footfall places, including London Euston Station, Cardiff Central station, Glasgow’s Bath Street and St Enoch Square, Belfast’s Kingspan Stadium, and Coventry’s Council House and Cathedral ruins.

Do people really need to say all over Twitter “I don’t agree with him but.....hope he’s ok” Surely goes without saying that whatever your politics you would always want someone to pull through and shouldn’t need to be said.

I've got a friend who knows a nurse where Boris is and is claiming he's on a ventilator and prognosis not good looking at his lungs but then loads of journalists saying he's not on a ventilator and is conscious so christ knows what the truth is. Really hope he's alright though, as the figurehead of the country it's an important symbol if nothing else.

I've got a friend who knows a nurse where Boris is and is claiming he's on a ventilator and prognosis not good looking at his lungs but then loads of journalists saying he's not on a ventilator and is conscious so christ knows what the truth is. Really hope he's alright though, as the figurehead of the country it's an important symbol if nothing else.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he was in a worse state than quoted.

That’s the average from what I’ve just read. 70/30 chance of survival if he avoids being put on a ventilator in the first 24 hours and the opposite if he needs one.

I read this on another forum from somebody who seems to know what he is talking about.

“As I said, some/many/most cases aren’t ARDS. ARDS has to do with pulmonary muscle fatigue, like a tired swimmer who can’t take another stroke. A goodly number of Covid patients don’t even realize they’re low on oxygen. They’re chatting with doctors, even as the O2 sats are 70%. They don’t have ARDS, yet they’re put on the ventilator with the pressure turned up. This is damaging lungs which are working well, and CAUSING unnecessary mortality. What these patients need is oxygen, not breathing help.“

I read this on another forum from somebody who seems to know what he is talking about.

“As I said, some/many/most cases aren’t ARDS. ARDS has to do with pulmonary muscle fatigue, like a tired swimmer who can’t take another stroke. A goodly number of Covid patients don’t even realize they’re low on oxygen. They’re chatting with doctors, even as the O2 sats are 70%. They don’t have ARDS, yet they’re put on the ventilator with the pressure turned up. This is damaging lungs which are working well, and CAUSING unnecessary mortality. What these patients need is oxygen, not breathing help.“

Phew. Lucky those formula one teams aren't bothering to make those non-invasive breathing masks that we've apparently got way too many of already.... oh....

I sincerely hope that Johnson makes a full and fast recovery....

But you have to question what on earth is the point of the daily Government briefing. How can Raab answer questions about the PM's health, as he did yesterday, by saying that the PM was in good spirits and carrying on as normal with his red boxes at the same time as Johnson was being taken into intensive care? Either Raab, who is supposed to be deputy PM hasn't got a clue what is going on, or the Government views the briefings as just a bland PR political exercise.

We desperately need someone to get a grip. Lets hope that Johnson has a full, quick recovery and provides that control.

But you have to question what on earth is the point of the daily Government briefing. How can Raab answer questions about the PM's health, as he did yesterday, by saying that the PM was in good spirits and carrying on as normal with his red boxes at the same time as Johnson was being taken into intensive care? Either Raab, who is supposed to be deputy PM hasn't got a clue what is going on, or the Government views the briefings as just a bland PR political exercise.

We desperately need someone to get a grip. Lets hope that Johnson has a full, quick recovery and provides that control.

they/he was obviously downplaying it. Now, no hiding it

These briefing are becoming largely pointless and repetitive now.

Sure the questions today will all be asking all about wtf was going on with his heath.

These briefing are becoming largely pointless and repetitive now.

Sure the questions today will all be asking all about wtf was going on with his heath.

It's not that surprising when not an awful lot changes on a daily basis. It's more of a psychpgical thing to remind people to follow the rules and provide encouragement and on that basis it's working well even with the terrible news of Boris. I do wish the majority of journalists would ask better questions though.

It's not that surprising when not an awful lot changes on a daily basis. It's more of a psychpgical thing to remind people to follow the rules and provide encouragement and on that basis it's working well even with the terrible news of Boris. I do wish the majority of journalists would ask better questions though.

some of them have been awful throughout. 3x Chris Whitty said he can't comment on the PM being advised to go to hospital as he is not his Doctor, yet they kept repeating the question.

Today, the same question will be posed (throughout the day) "who is in charge". We all know it is now Raab (whether you like it or not). So not sure why it needs to be asked 254 times

Edited by Batman

Developed a cough but wasn’t a dry cough as has been reported but a chesty cough. Got a fever after day 2 which came and went for about 7-8 days. There were 4 of us on the skiing trip (the weekend France locked down) and we all became ill within 24 hours of getting home. All of our partners then became ill and my mates wife was taken to hospital on Friday because she was so ill and tested positive for Covid 19. My parter is still weak and short of breath after 14 days. Believe me people this is a very strange disease unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before. Stay safe.

Did any of you have milder symptoms?

Just asking because a couple of weeks ago I felt a bit iffy at work (just tired and feverish) so went home, had quick nap and was absolutely fine. Because I didn't have a temperature or cough didn't think anything of it but I did lose my sense of taste/smell for a few days. Then the exact same thing happened to the Mrs. It's only afterwards when the taste/smell thing was listed as a possible symptom we tough we might have had it.

I've seen a lot of foreign countries spraying their roads with disinfectant, can anyone explain that one to me? Doesn't seem like the kind of place you'd transfer the virus to or touch to pick up the virus from. Even if you did touch the exact same spot with your hand that someone had sneezed on, for some unknown reason, would the virus not have denatured after a few minutes on hot black tarmac in the sunshine?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus