Coronavirus

whelk

I’m certainly no expert. I feel sorry for my headteacher, she is having to make massive decisions with very little guidance from government and is trying to do best by children and staff. From purely my perspective, your point about communities is key;

I’d pass more responsibility to local authorities. I know the academy love in took LA’s out the picture but they’re best placed to guide local schools. It shouldn’t be a whole country approach, what’s right for London or Birmingham schools might not be right for a Bournemouth school at this moment in the pandemic.

I agree, the approach should be different region by region, however, I'm not convinced that the scientific capability to make the correct decisions exists within most local authorities! Most local councillors barely have the ability to tie their own shoe laces, let alone make decisions regarding health, safety and wellbeing!

As a former secondary school PGCE'er I'd suggest every year is nye on impossible....you're always going to have a least a few who can't leave each other alone.

You’re right, I was merely appeasing him. I’ve taught in Secondary and Primary and obviously the older ones are easier but there’s always a few rogues.

Is the right answer for about year 3 upwards.

Thirty 4 year olds? Good luck.

You think secondary school kids are going to socially distance? You’ll have half of a dozen of them getting stoned together behind the bike sheds and another three fingering some girl called Kayla.

Every school kid in China who attends school has to be tested every three days...what are you not understanding about that?

Link?

200 million school kids are tested every three days - it's not about understanding what you are saying, it's about believing it!

Are you going to answer my question about the relevancy of the death rate or have you stuck some pencils in your ears and pants on your head?

Link?

200 million school kids are tested every three days - it's not about understanding what you are saying, it's about believing it!

Are you going to answer my question about the relevancy of the death rate or have you stuck some pencils in your ears and pants on your head?

Just what I've been told, could specifically be Guangzhou but either way,

I just don't understand how you seem to think getting the death rate down would not play a very important role in unlocking this lockdown.....

It's also quite obvious you'e arguing this for political reasons.

You think secondary school kids are going to socially distance? You’ll have half of a dozen of them getting stoned together behind the bike sheds and another three fingering some girl called Kayla.

:lol: Couple of kids in the local Secondary got suspended last year for skipping a lesson to go and have a ****.

Let’s be honest, some adults struggle enough with it, let alone kids.

Just what I've been told, could specifically be Guangzhou but either way,

I just don't understand how you seem to think getting the death rate down would not play a very important role in unlocking this lockdown.....

It's also quite obvious you'e arguing this for political reasons.

Because we have passed the 'peak' of death rates - a couple of weeks ago now - so the important measure is now the rate of infection which will control not only how busy the NHS is, but also, by implication, the death rate. Taking the death rate as a measure on it's own is not, in my opinion, what should or shouldn't dictate when people return to work!

Hopefully you understand, but shout out if not.

What political reasons am I arguing for - I'm confused as I don't recall arguing for political reasons. Happy for you to put me right on this though, as well as the death rate - that's if you can avoid throwing some more playground insults and discuss like an adult.

Because we have passed the 'peak' of death rates - a couple of weeks ago now - so the important measure is now the rate of infection which will control not only how busy the NHS is, but also, by implication, the death rate. Taking the death rate as a measure on it's own is not, in my opinion, what should or shouldn't dictate when people return to work!

Hopefully you understand, but shout out if not.

What political reasons am I arguing for - I'm confused as I don't recall arguing for political reasons. Happy for you to put me right on this though, as well as the death rate - that's if you can avoid throwing some more playground insults and discuss like an adult.

Throwing childish insults is all you do...it's quite obvious to most on here....and if you think we've passed the peak and it couldn't possibly rise again...well, keep drinking the kool-aid.

Throwing childish insults is all you do...it's quite obvious to most on here....and if you think we've passed the peak and it couldn't possibly rise again...well, keep drinking the kool-aid.

Where have I said it couldn't possibly rise again - look back through my posts and you'll see the opposite! Now you're just blatantly making things up!

Sick of hearing teachers and school staff use the “kids won’t social distance” excuse. Fûcking get control of your pupils then.

It sounds like you should volunteer to teach teachers how to control their pupils if you think it is that easy.

Just watched Charlie Brooker’s take on it all. Superb stuff
Was astonishingly good.

The telling of the story so far was great, and showed events from only a few weeks ago in completely different light.

Great writing and very funny.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

After the Tories much heaping of praise upon the NHS staff, the lovely Pritti Patel has announced that the immigration health surcharge will not only remain for people entering the country to work in the NHS, but will increase in October.

It will rise from £400 to £624. This is for each family member.

Although she promised on TV to review the charge, she now says that there was no review and the charges will stay.

Just shows what a bunch of liars they are.

After the Tories much heaping of praise upon the NHS staff, the lovely Pritti Patel has announced that the immigration health surcharge will not only remain for people entering the country to work in the NHS, but will increase in October.

Although she promised on TV to review the charge, she now says that there was no review and the charges will stay.

Her numerical ability is as bad as Diane Abbott's.

She probably thinks that she is reducing the charge by making this change.

And sure the nurses will appreciate the pay freeze to pay for furloughed workers, who I’m sure many will bemoan paying increase taxes and soon start moaning about public services again.

To be fair, she did review it, then put it up ;)

Former World Snooker champion, Peter Ebdon going full on fruitcake on Five Live. You know it's going to be good when someone uses the phrase, "wake up people!" And this was shortly followed by the phrase, "greatest psychological operation in history."

If nothing else this virus is helping to highlight which of celebrities are the biggest crackpots out there. Sadly Tiss is one of them too.

Former World Snooker champion, Peter Ebdon going full on fruitcake on Five Live. You know it's going to be good when someone uses the phrase, "wake up people!" And this was shortly followed by the phrase, "greatest psychological operation in history."

If nothing else this virus is helping to highlight which of celebrities are the biggest crackpots out there. Sadly Tiss is one of them too.

Le Tiss was promoting a stock market get-rich scheme with Benali's son whilst promoting herd immunity the other month.

And sure the nurses will appreciate the pay freeze to pay for furloughed workers, who I’m sure many will bemoan paying increase taxes and soon start moaning about public services again.

Didn't you know?

They can use the Thursday night applause to pay their bills.

I agree, dispacable actions. I was merely pointing out that she didn't lie about 'reviewing' the policy. The review was carried out and it was decided to raise the surcharge.

I agree, dispacable actions. I was merely pointing out that she didn't lie about 'reviewing' the policy. The review was carried out and it was decided to raise the surcharge.

Where I work a whole bunch of people on one scale moaned they weren't getting paid enough. Their job role was reviewed and it was decided that in actual fact they were getting paid too much.

Good to see you're in agreement with the Don on this one.....Death rates don't matter to him either.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/donald-trump-coronavirus-deaths-art-of-the-deal_uk_5ebfbe4bc5b646da6e3a9e7d

Again, making things up and pretending I said them. I'll let you point out where I've said that death rates 'don't matter'....

I'm not making anything up. You're the one who kept asking why death rates were so important.

.... to determine when people can go back to work.

That's very different to just 'so important'. But still, you carry on manipulating what people are saying if it makes you feel all big and clever.

Care to answer the question?

Michael Gove just guaranteed the safety of teachers - you have to admire his bravery.

He also praised the brilliant job Matt Hancock has done on PPE, care homes and testing.

Which is an interesting new way to view facts.

Michael Gove just guaranteed the safety of teachers - you have to admire his bravery.

He also praised the brilliant job Matt Hancock has done on PPE, care homes and testing.

Which is an interesting new way to view facts.

Did he mention clearing hospital beds by discharging 15000 elderly patients into care homes but not bothering to test them for the virus?

Some woman interviewed on the news complained about the number of people on the beach this weekend; "We drove an hour and a half to get some peace and quiet now that quarantine is over".
I saw some of those reports. In summary "I can't believe that all these other people came to the same place that we all decided to go to".

Every school kid in China who attends school has to be tested every three days...what are you not understanding about that?

China has a far different environment to us. How many idiots are allowed to run around in China demonstrating etc and breaking their rules. Not many I guess as they are capable of brutally stopping such events.

We have freedom of speech. Perhaps you would prefer us to live under such a strict regime here as they do in China.

China had a long start on us regarding the spreading of the virus. We are slowly making progress in the testing capability number wise though there is still a lot more to be done.

Edited by SFC Forever

China has a far different environment to us. How many idiots are allowed to run around in China demonstrating etc and breaking their rules. Not many I guess as they are capable of brutally stopping such events.

We have freedom of speech. Perhaps you would prefer us to live under such a strict regime here as they do in China.

China had a long start on us regarding the spreading of the virus. We are slowly making progress in the testing capability number wise though there is still a lot more to be done.

Well China's a very different case to us and no, I'd prefer not to live under a totalitarian state (especially not one pretending to be communist when it's probably just absolutely authoritarian). Fair point but the more testing we can do to keep a track of this the better surely?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus