Coronavirus

whelk

Well, as far as I'm concerned having watched the questions aimed at Cummings, the media failed to lay a glove on Cummings. Unless something he said proves to have been a lie, then I see no particular reason for him to resign. There has been a witch hunt from the left wing media, apparently a lot of disinformation stirring the pot because the left hate Cummings for Brexit and the Boris election victory. The past few days have brought about a kangaroo court verdict that he was guilty, but now with luck the whole episode will be fish paper wrapping in a week and we can move on to more important stuff.

So, what we've learnt from that press conference - not one single person has changed their mind! Pretty pointless really.

Did you think he was going to sway anybody's opinion with that stonewalling and complete lack of contrition ?

Well, as far as I'm concerned having watched the questions aimed at Cummings, the media failed to lay a glove on Cummings. Unless something he said proves to have been a lie, then I see no particular reason for him to resign. There has been a witch hunt from the left wing media, apparently a lot of disinformation stirring the pot because the left hate Cummings for Brexit and the Boris election victory. The past few days have brought about a kangaroo court verdict that he was guilty, but now with luck the whole episode will be fish paper wrapping in a week and we can move on to more important stuff.

What a good little obedient puppy you are.

"Left wing media" = Daily Mail ?????

Of course there is no reason for his resignation, he knows that he can just brazen it out. He lacks any moral compass and couldn't care less that hundreds, if not thousands, of people in similar circumstances didn't have rich, landed, family to fall back on, nor BoJo to cover their backs, so just had to cope.

Lap lap lap lap lap lap lap.

You can see how story fatigue maytake over. I haven’t even got any enthusiasm to hear Boris now. Fed up with lie after lie. Clear conscience that I never helped put these fckers in though

He had all weekend to think about it and “a test drive to check my eyesight” is the best excuse he could come up with for driving 90 minutes and going for a walk :lol:

What a strange weekend it’s been for him. That said I think he’s done enough to move on from this, and Boris clearly isn’t going to throw him under the bus. I think there’ll be a few leaks this week about lockdown getting lifted further from 1st June to get the general publics focus away from that of isolation. Can’t wait for that tbh, lockdown can get bent.

Edited by The Kraken

Yep. It feels like Emu trying to sack Rod Hull sadly.

Exactly. Johnson is nothing without Cummings so they are both happy to stick two fingers up to the rest of us and carry on. The arrogance is outstanding. On the plus side, Johnson has shown what a gutless, weak and incompetent leader he is so hopefully all those who thought it was a good idea to “lend” him their votes won’t make that mistake again.

Well I guess you actually are his lover then

Nope. Also don't think he would have swayed anyone's opinion if he came out and apologised and showed humility - no-one would have believed him - catch 22 really.

His lack of humility is why so many hate him. The ‘get that right like you got Brexit right’ comment is the real Cummings.

Humility could have easily got him through this but having so many enemies and stirring up anger was always likely to bite him.

Then I think differently to Wes and the duck lapdogs whose main criteria for hero worship is sticking it to the lefties

Edited by whelk

What’s happened to Les these last few years?

I also knew he was a conservative with politely xenophobic views on some issues. But I basically put it down to the world being a bit too fast for him and nothing more. He always reminded me of George from Rainbow –basically a harmless and gentle duffer. He’s still a duffer but he’s gone on all dark, twisted, angry and extreme. It's a disturbing decline and transformation.

:(

Edited by shurlock

Braverman now in trouble for getting involved in defending Cummings on social media. Absolutely idiotic given her role, can’t see how she cannot be compromised in any investigations or other processes which follow. Always a good idea to think for a couple of minutes before blindly following your party’s whips.

Let’s not forget, he also admitted going back to work even after his wife displayed symptoms. I thought that was an automatic 14 day isolation?

He’s clearly thought the lockdown doesn’t apply to him because he’s an arrogant knob, and has therefore broken it with ease several times.

Braverman now in trouble for getting involved in defending Cummings on social media. Absolutely idiotic given her role, can’t see how she cannot be compromised in any investigations or other processes which follow. Always a good idea to think for a couple of minutes before blindly following your party’s whips.

No one gets near these positions if the have back bone. Jump, how high they ask. Tweet, when and how many, is there a template I can use?

Jeff is is solitary confinement, we’re giving him the full Clockwork Orange treatment.

You’re going to be bunking up with ALWAYS. Just don’t criticise the food, the governor, the guards, the cell blocks or any of the other inmates and he’ll probably leave you alone.

As a newbie, what does this mean as it went right over my head

The good thing about this concocted bulsh!t with Cummings is that it is now vital, to hold onto the support of the white van driver and Northern monkeys, that Johnson will have to reject any extension to the transition period and on July 1st, the Remainers are finally toast.

As a newbie, what does this mean as it went right over my head

Welcome - you have to get to know some of the ‘characters’ but sure it will become clear.

Leave Lighthouse to explain if he wants to

The good thing about this concocted bulsh!t with Cummings is that it is now vital, to hold onto the support of the white van driver and Northern monkeys, that Johnson will have to reject any extension to the transition period and on July 1st, the Remainers are finally toast.

Is this one of those "characters" ?

The sense of anti-climax and dismay at how this press conference went is palpable on here. But then on here isn't particularly representative of out there, thank God. Nothing much here to feed the left wing media frenzy on the face of it, so it won't be long until they move on to attempting to dish the dirt on one of their other targets.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus