Lawrie Mcmenemy new club ambassador

Sevvy

Wasn't it Cortese or in the Lowe era,?

Cortese, Nik- nak didn’t like some of the things that were said in the Echo by LM when he had taken up the reins after Markus passed away. Think things went south after the photo of Saints winning the cup was replaced by a painting of a steam loco that was given to Saints by Doncaster Rovers.

My chronology might be a tad awry.

Cortese, Nik- nak didn’t like some of the things that were said in the Echo by LM when he had taken up the reins after Markus passed away. Think things went south after the photo of Saints winning the cup was replaced by a painting of a steam loco that was given to Saints by Doncaster Rovers.

My chronology might be a tad awry.

your chronology is off yes. The painting incident was Lowe, then as you say Cortese probably didn’t like being reminded the club had a history before he arrived. That seemed to be his Achilles heel which included throwing out all the old meetings/log books from The Dell days which were thankfully recovered from a skip.

About time.

Who was it had him banned from the ground?

To be fair, he did it to himself by bein openly critical of the club. You really can’t expect to be welcome after som of the things he said. All history now and good to have a positive Mac back on board. I’m assuming theses aren’t ‘paid’ roles.