West Ham v Saints Match Thread

ALWAYS_SFC

Tbh if we were to drop a midfielder I’d rather it was Højbjerg, offering absolutely nothing and might as well be a training cone in terms of resistance offered. Prowse and Smallbone at least have some creativity.

Hideous from McCarthy and the defenders for that second, notice when the ball comes back down everyone is stood totally still. West Ham have pressed well and it looks like we haven’t prepared for it.

Tbh if we were to drop a midfielder I’d rather it was Højbjerg, offering absolutely nothing and might as well be a training cone in terms of resistance offered. Prowse and Smallbone at least have some creativity.

Hideous from McCarthy and the defenders for that second, notice when the ball comes back down everyone is stood totally still. West Ham have pressed well and it looks like we haven’t prepared for it.

Nothing wrong with thr defenders for that one, i should have been a routine catch...

Possession at the back, give it away in midfield, scramble back outnumbered, repeat.

Sh*t 2nd from them from a keeping error but we’ve been asking for it, way too open. That said, get the next goal and they may get nervous, they’re as good at throwing away leads as we are.

Really poor overall, wrong line up but mostly wrong attitude from the players. Letting West Ham out muscle them, show more desire etc.

Need KWP on for Smallbone, JWP to midfield, Ings for Boufal and play 433. Actually get at them this half we can't afford any passengers.

You'd leave Long on? He's been absolute dog sh*t, as usual.

Their front two are 20% more dominant than our front two. Their midfielders are 20% more dominant than ours. Our defence would be OK if it were not for a powder puff ******* goalkeeper. I wouldn’t move JWP - put on Valery or KWP at RB and Antonio will rip us a new one. Shane Long looks like he’s been injured and I’m not sure Ings will be risked, so maybe it’s time our £15m Championship striker stepped up.

Bednarek mistake again. He really is not a very good defender.

No matter how the season ends, lots of changes needed to this team.

Boufal awful today, Bednarek turning in a Vestegaard-esque performance. Hojberg very poor, Long poor

Smallbone and Prowsey playing well but not many others