Saints vs Newcastle Build Up Thread

Dark Munster

Need a performance after the non display today. Cut out the stupid mistakes, stop rolling over and getting bullied and there's no reason why we shouldn't win this one. If we play to our potential, 2 nil Saints, if we go into lethargic couldn't give a toss mode, 0 - 1 Newcastle after 88 minutes of shyte. What team is going to show up?

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Steve Bruce will know exactly what to do to get a 0-0 or 0-1.

We’ve let West Ham and Burnley do the double over us, might as well as the Geordies to that list.

Had a look at buying a ticket, Cat A game £40 adult , £20 under 11 behind the goal, haha f@ck right off.

The reality is, since Cédric left, JWP is our best RB (as well as CM). Highlights the shambolic decision to let him leave.

Letting him go was ridiculous, but he is injured so we'd be no worse off if he was still here.

Steve Bruce will know exactly what to do to get a 0-0 or 0-1.

We’ve let West Ham and Burnley do the double over us, might as well as the Geordies to that list.

Had a look at buying a ticket, Cat A game £40 adult , £20 under 11 behind the goal, haha f@ck right off.

Cat A?!

:lol: our club are a bunch of robbing cunts.

They play in a way that we are appalling against

This.

They couldn't wish for more accommodating opponents next week to end that then.

Newcastle are away to WBA in the Cup on Tuesday. Maybe that will help us.

Forgot about this. I think they have been putting out fairly strong sides in the cup, so lets hope it takes it out of them.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Christ, no real supporters on here just a bunch of bed wetters

Today was ****ing ****, (I went) we've been **** for most of the season bar about 10 games and everyone is rightly feeling ****ed off. I call it people who care who are hacked off with the shower we've been served up for four seasons

Today was ****ing ****, (I went) we've been **** for most of the season bar about 10 games and everyone is rightly feeling ****ed off. I call it people who care who are hacked off with the shower we've been served up for four seasons

Sober up

Think we'll do Newcastle.

Hopefully have Djenepo and Ings back into the XI and a proper RB so JWP can go back into centre midfield.

Think Ings should be back but rather doubt Djenepo will make it. Boufal has one more chance to step up. If that's not working, we need some sort of Plan B - maybe Long or Adams alongside Armstrong until Djenepo or Redmond is back.

I agree that this is the game to get JWP back into midfield. Probably KWP to start.

We need something from this, or alarm bells will start again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

So after learning from West ham, what would you do if you were Steve Bruce...give us the ball, bully us on 50/50 challenges, hit us on the break and thump high balls into our area up to anybody and wait for us to fail to clear it...

Hopefully we will have Djenepo back and we can create chances going forward. The Ings / Long chasing long balls down trick has been found out...we need options in and around the box other than Ings. This is the game for Che Adams to start and score a brace.

Think Ings should be back but rather doubt Djenepo will make it. Boufal has one more chance to step up. If that's not working, we need some sort of Plan B - maybe Long or Adams alongside Armstrong until Djenepo or Redmond is back.

I agree that this is the game to get JWP back into midfield. Probably KWP to start.

We need something from this, or alarm bells will start again.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If there’s no djenepo or Redmond, could Valery not be a more advanced option if boufal isn’t working out.

Looks like poor ticket sales for this one so far. Not exactly catching the imagination. Anyone know if Romsey-Salisbury landslip fixed? I’m due to travel down by rattler on Sat morning.

No last I heard that train line will be closed until end of April, bus replacements, useless. Depending on where you’re travelling from could take a different route.

With Norwich and West Ham both getting home wins at the weekend we’re back to being officially the worst home side in the division, not surprisingly fans aren’t rushing to buy tickets.

The gutless capitulation against WH before Christmas and Ralph not happy saw the reset button get hit and we went on a little run, hopefully with Ralphs comments post Saturdays game feeling like deja vu hopefully reset will be hit again.

Trouble is when you click through the turnstile on a matchday you have no idea what is going to be on the menu when the ref blows the whistle to start the game.

Will it be Al-dente or just soft and soggy?

Given up guessing

'Fans' support their team through thick and thin. 'Customers' only show up when things are good.

I'm a season ticket holder so not not answering for myself but not sure I agree with you at today's prices. Matchday prices are are very expensive and by attending will stop supporters being able to do 'other' activities with their family.

'Fans' support their team through thick and thin. 'Customers' only show up when things are good.

Where do you draw the line? £40 adult , £20 under 11 , Newcastle at home, seems a bit steep!

The reality is, since Cédric left, JWP is our best RB (as well as CM). Highlights the shambolic decision to let him leave.

Absolutely. I know Cedric was temporarily injured, but we should have kept him until the end of the season. We were in relegation trouble at the time too (and still could be)

We have one of the worst attendances in the league in terms of percentage of capacity. Club have got the pricing dreadfully wrong this season.

Our season tickets are somewhat okay priced in the Itchen North though, and they’ve not sold out.

However agreed that they messed up on individual pricing for games.

Anyhow- fully expecting us to lose because that is what we are masters at- doing rubbish when expected to win.

Unfortunately would say Boufal has had his time here and we need raw pace to start with like Redmond or Djenepo- Boufal better off the bench to unlock a game with a tiring defence, not as a starter.

If Redmond or Djenpo are back then would feel a lot more confident tbf.

Saints 0 Newcastle 0 my prediction then until we get an update on team news and stuff for both teams.

(hopefully Andy Carroll will be missing- our centrebacks just struggle so much against any the big strikers)

£60 in block 32. It is a bit steep, very steep. Expecting cartwheels for that.

Wow I hadn’t looked on the side, super value 60 hard earned pounds for a ticket in block 32, you might sell tickets at that price to tourists / glory hunters against the big 5 but your every day normal Saints fan isn’t going to be tempted unless the game is of big significance.

Newcastle are close to selling 3000 (£30) tickets so that will boost the numbers a bit.

They’re taking 5000 to West Brom tonight, impressive numbers, hopefully a tough game for them to give us an advantage for Saturday.

This is a prime example of a 'winnable home game' that we have consistently failed to win for the past 4 years. Would happily take a draw from this. Newcastle will make things difficult for us.

Saints 0-0 Newcastle

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Allan Saint-Maximin’s future at Newcastle is in doubt after Steve Bruce dropped him for Saturday’s goalless draw with Burnley, then claimed the winger was struggling with a hamstring injury.

Sources insist the 22-year-old is fully fit and available for selection, even though manager Bruce said yesterday he was a doubt for tonight’s FA Cup tie at West Bromwich because of back and hamstring issues.

Wolves and Crystal Palace are monitoring developments after learning of the situation.

The SJP crowd sang for the introduction of their favourite in the second half of the game against Burnley and he was finally brought on with 12 minutes remaining.

It has been suggested that Bruce was trying to protect Saint-Maximin by saying he is carrying a slight injury, rather than revealing he had been dropped, although Newcastle maintain he was struggling with a hamstring problem on Thursday and the manager chose not to risk him.

Sportsmail understands there have been concerns about the Frenchman’s recent performances in training and Bruce decided he wanted to field a team he could rely on against Burnley.

However, it is claimed a number of players have been frustrated with the tactics employed, believe the team should be playing better football, and are more capable than Bruce is making out in public.

After a run of one win in 10 league matches, Newcastle are five points off the bottom three and could do without a fallout between their head coach and arguably their best outfield player. Indeed, the Magpies have won only one game without him in the starting XI.

Saint-Maximin signed a six-year contract in the summer after joining for £16million from Nice and looked set for a bright future on Tyneside following an excellent first half of the season.

However, there is likely to be no shortage of interest in the former France Under 21 star should relations fail to improve in the coming months.

Saint-Maximin has scored two goals in 19 appearances and has thrilled the Toon Army with his explosive pace and direct play.

Allan Saint-Maximin’s future at Newcastle is in doubt after Steve Bruce dropped him for Saturday’s goalless draw with Burnley, then claimed the winger was struggling with a hamstring injury.

Sources insist the 22-year-old is fully fit and available for selection, even though manager Bruce said yesterday he was a doubt for tonight’s FA Cup tie at West Bromwich because of back and hamstring issues.

Wolves and Crystal Palace are monitoring developments after learning of the situation.

The SJP crowd sang for the introduction of their favourite in the second half of the game against Burnley and he was finally brought on with 12 minutes remaining.

It has been suggested that Bruce was trying to protect Saint-Maximin by saying he is carrying a slight injury, rather than revealing he had been dropped, although Newcastle maintain he was struggling with a hamstring problem on Thursday and the manager chose not to risk him.

Sportsmail understands there have been concerns about the Frenchman’s recent performances in training and Bruce decided he wanted to field a team he could rely on against Burnley.

However, it is claimed a number of players have been frustrated with the tactics employed, believe the team should be playing better football, and are more capable than Bruce is making out in public.

After a run of one win in 10 league matches, Newcastle are five points off the bottom three and could do without a fallout between their head coach and arguably their best outfield player. Indeed, the Magpies have won only one game without him in the starting XI.

Saint-Maximin signed a six-year contract in the summer after joining for £16million from Nice and looked set for a bright future on Tyneside following an excellent first half of the season.

However, there is likely to be no shortage of interest in the former France Under 21 star should relations fail to improve in the coming months.

Saint-Maximin has scored two goals in 19 appearances and has thrilled the Toon Army with his explosive pace and direct play.

Set up for him to redeem himself against us...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

So he`ll be in the shop window on Saturday then?
To be fair, Saint-Maximin does have a touch of the old Adama Traores about him: great ability, dribbling, speed, but hopeless end product.

Someone decent will take a punt on him if he becomes available and see if they can't harness all that potential.

I'd have him at Saints in a heartbeat.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk