Coronavirus Discussion Thread

manina-pub

Watching the news last night a lot of people still not getting it. Hordes of people descending on parks and outdoor tourist attractions...helmets.

Still seeing large numbers of OAPs wondering around Winchester, last Friday, on my way home from work.

It will be interesting to see if parents keep their kids inside now the schools have closed down and the weather is nice.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Sad reflection on society. From all age groups!

Watching the news last night a lot of people still not getting it. Hordes of people descending on parks and outdoor tourist attractions...helmets.

Still seeing large numbers of OAPs wondering around Winchester, last Friday, on my way home from work.

It will be interesting to see if parents keep their kids inside now the schools have closed down and the weather is nice.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The human being is stupid.

There must have been at least 20 kids at my local skate park this morning, and a decent sized group of 13/14 year olds playing footy. :rolleyes:

I too unfollowed Le Tissier a while ago on social media. Nothing in particular, just emanated arrogance and ill informed opinions to the point where he came across as unlikable. I've met him a few times and was always polite and friendly but this wasnt reflected in his posts. A shame as he has a platform and could do a lot of good with it.

Been one of the saddest things for me about football (indirectly) in the last couple of years. Worshipped the guy, uniquely talented footballer, lovely friendly guy, but fck me he's fallen into the stereotypical thick but over confident in opinion celebrities.

Imagine being a retired footballer and truly believing you know better than the world's leading experts on climate change. Then all the countries in Europe over doing it wrong on a pandemic, all the scientists, the WHO, but you, who won some goal of the month competitions, know better.

He doesn't understand data.

Are we sure it's the real MLT and not a fake poster? I don't Twitter, so can't establish.

I too unfollowed Le Tissier a while ago on social media. Nothing in particular, just emanated arrogance and ill informed opinions to the point where he came across as unlikable. I've met him a few times and was always polite and friendly but this wasnt reflected in his posts. A shame as he has a platform and could do a lot of good with it.
I think he's at risk of getting the elbow from Sky if he carries on. He's only a few tweets away from saying something that could really blow up. Sky are a news-based organisation and they don't need to be connected with someone gobbing off mis-information.

People are right about sky and them being very brand protective, they ran a very big climate initiative and they wont want a presenter bigging up a fruitloop denier.

Sky sports also like changing their panel and i wouldnt want to give them any excuses.

Been one of the saddest things for me about football (indirectly) in the last couple of years. Worshipped the guy, uniquely talented footballer, lovely friendly guy, but fck me he's fallen into the stereotypical thick but over confident in opinion celebrities.

Imagine being a retired footballer and truly believing you know better than the world's leading experts on climate change. Then all the countries in Europe over doing it wrong on a pandemic, all the scientists, the WHO, but you, who won some goal of the month competitions, know better.

He is never wrong you know. Like you said a very friendly amenable guy and the most skillful I have ever seen but he doesn't know when to stop digging - look at the Pinnacle fiasco which even now he thinks was genuine.

Once this all blows over, I would love to see Professor Whitty sit in front of Sky Sports and tell them what is wrong with VAR, and how the offside rule should be updated.

The football world would blow a fuse, telling him to keep his beak out.

Why any celebrity thinks they have the authority to comment sensibly on this beggars belief. Offer support, re-iterate the guidelines issued, but anything else is kamakaze.

And you believe everything that the main stream media tell you, do you? I prefer to question everything. History tells us, question EVERYTHING

Next you will be telling everyone that 9/11 was a terrorist attack

And you believe everything that the main stream media tell you, do you? I prefer to question everything. History tells us, question EVERYTHING

Le Tissier is doing so from a position of no information. He isn't countering it with anything. He is being extremely foolish.

Next you will be telling everyone that 9/11 was a terrorist attack

Don't you?

Le Tissier is doing so from a position of no information. He isn't countering it with anything. He is being extremely foolish.

Don't you?

I don't agree or disagree with Matt's comments. But every day in England & Wales, approx 1400 people die every day. Every day. 1400 people. Let's just keep that in perspective. Last Winter, there were over 22,000 EXCESS Winter deaths in this country. Don't remember any media hydteria about this.

As for 9/11, biggest inside job in mankind. But that can wait for another day.

I don't agree or disagree with Matt's comments. But every day in England & Wales, approx 1400 people die every day. Every day. 1400 people. Let's just keep that in perspective. Last Winter, there were over 22,000 EXCESS Winter deaths in this country. Don't remember any media hydteria about this.

Yes, I’m sure those Italian doctors having an emotional breakdown because they’re having to take ventilators away from patients who are too old and a ‘lower priority for survival’ are just paid actors.

I like when people pretend they’re more open minded because they ‘question everything’ when really they just believe anything they read in an online blog. Don’t tell me, jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams. :lol:

To compare this to flu as Le Tissier and now you have is daft.

Without any measures this virus is predicted to kill 500,000 in the UK. Without measures like social distancing etc flu does not get remotely close to that.

Please watch this...

Do you have anything even remotely coming to good evidence to support that?

If you do... post them in this thread https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?55460-Terrorist-Attacks-WARNING-CONTAINS-DISTRESSING-IMAGES&highlight=theories#.Xnj_6oj7SUk

I think he's at risk of getting the elbow from Sky if he carries on. He's only a few tweets away from saying something that could really blow up. Sky are a news-based organisation and they don't need to be connected with someone gobbing off mis-information.

Although they did seem to brush another 'gobbing' offence by Jamie Carragher under the carpet and forget about it fairly quickly.

Now that lock-down has finally arrived perhaps the mouthy brigade will stop laying into our elderly. I nearly joined in the petty bashing of us elders but thought why bother. If the mouthy few are too blind to see the news that 95% of the idiots ignoring the government request to stay home were nowhere near septuagenarian age it would be a waste of time.

Hopefully it will be time now for us to unite instead of having to prove that we are smarter and more correct with our views than everybody else.

The thought of being forced to stay indoors is something that I never thought our country would insist upon. I served and fought to earn freedom but we are not fighting a different country. We are at war with nature and it frightens me to think that our planet has begun fighting back against us humans. This is a war that if we lose we are doomed.

Outside exercise allowed once per day...pleased about that.

Someone else can have my go, I’ll be drinking gin in the garden.

On a serious note though, I was slightly reassured to see Gabbiadini has apparently recovered after minimal symptoms. In an interview with an Italian journalist he said he was surprised that he’d had it and thought the doctor was joking at first. Makes me think that the infection rate may actually be much, much higher and the death rate therefore significantly lower.

On a serious note though, I was slightly reassured to see Gabbiadini has apparently recovered after minimal symptoms. In an interview with an Italian journalist he said he was surprised that he’d had it and thought the doctor was joking at first. Makes me think that the infection rate may actually be much, much higher and the death rate therefore significantly lower.

I would say this is almost certainly the case. True mortality rate is most probably sub 1%

Artetas wife was reported to have said that her fellas symptoms would never have kept him off work in any other time.

I bet many that use this place has had it but dismissed it as a mild flu.

You’re missing the point entirely. The flu deaths are in a population that are largely protected by either prior exposure to (one of the many subtypes of) flu viruses or have had a flu shot (epidemiologists predict which subtypes will be present).

This subtype of Coronavirus is novel and has different surface antigens to other circulating coronaviruses. Exposed people will largely make immune cells against the novel surface antigens (also known as epitopes) but it takes time. In that time, vulnerable people may die. We don’t know a few important things about this virus.

Namely:

How long it can survive in droplets or on inanimate objects.

What the average length of incubation is.

Which stages of disease that those infected are infective. Stages include incubation period, disease state, recovery etc.

Until we know more about these questions then the best bet is to isolate everyone.

Now that lock-down has finally arrived perhaps the mouthy brigade will stop laying into our elderly. I nearly joined in the petty bashing of us elders but thought why bother. If the mouthy few are too blind to see the news that 95% of the idiots ignoring the government request to stay home were nowhere near septuagenarian age it would be a waste of time.

Hopefully it will be time now for us to unite instead of having to prove that we are smarter and more correct with our views than everybody else.

The thought of being forced to stay indoors is something that I never thought our country would insist upon. I served and fought to earn freedom but we are not fighting a different country. We are at war with nature and it frightens me to think that our planet has begun fighting back against us humans. This is a war that if we lose we are doomed.

Good post, and I agree with your sentiments. Would just add that I think nature started hostilities some time ago, and to be honest, I'd think winning this war could ultimately prove worse for our species than losing it.

Good post, and I agree with your sentiments. Would just add that I think nature started hostilities some time ago, and to be honest, I'd think winning this war could ultimately prove worse for our species than losing it.

How very true, though ultimately I think mankind will always lose any war against nature.....

Banning the eating of meat sounds drastic and won't get many likes but, in the same way as banning cigarettes, I suspect people will get used to the hardship within a few weeks and the whole population would be better off as a result.

What does that even mean?

It means (imho, of course) that nature has been trying to curtail human population growth for far longer than the past three months. And that when we inevitably overcome this latest hurdle, as we will, the problems caused by continuing and ever-expanding human overpopulation of the planet are likely to bring the end of the species closer. I don't have any viable solution to offer to this conundrum.

On the plus side pollution levels have fallen 40% or more around the world , even Bejing has blue skies rather than choking smog , another pointer to future direction for countries to follow. I did see an advert for an £80k Maserarti SUV that did barely 20 MPG in the fake test world ! Time to ban SUVs I think , the explosion of SUV sales have negated and environmental benefits of electric vehicles in the UK !!!

( not forgetting Boris cancelled Ken's increase on SUV's congestion charge in London !)

It means (imho, of course) that nature has been trying to curtail human population growth for far longer than the past three months. And that when we inevitably overcome this latest hurdle, as we will, the problems caused by continuing and ever-expanding human overpopulation of the planet are likely to bring the end of the species closer. I don't have any viable solution to offer to this conundrum.

:lol: some are clearly struggling with this self isolation.

How about this notion of playing behind closed doors at a neutral venue when games resume? So could we be playing Norwich away at say Derby in late April perhaps?

Why would it have to be neutral? I don’t like the idea of closed doors myself anyway. We’ve all played each other at least once so the outstanding games will mainly involve teams that are due the home leg of their pairing. Home advantage still applies to some extent since the players don’t have the travel disruption.

Why would it have to be neutral? I don’t like the idea of closed doors myself anyway. We’ve all played each other at least once so the outstanding games will mainly involve teams that are due the home leg of their pairing. Home advantage still applies to some extent since the players don’t have the travel disruption.
The neutral grounds are to deter home fans from congregating outside the stadium, apparently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The neutral grounds are to deter home fans from congregating outside the stadium, apparently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ah. Ok. Won’t you get two sets of fans gathering outside? I guess that the latest “two’s company, three’s a crowd law would prevent that.

As a serious question, I really don't think i want to buy another shirt advertising Virgin.. Branson has proved once again what an utter **** his is during all of this. Am I being too precious?

Totally agree with you.

The man famous for saying ‘look after your employees and in turn they will look after your customers’ obviously this goes out the window when he might have to delve into his pockets and help them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk