Coronavirus Discussion Thread

manina-pub

I’d have thought they might be played behind closed doors, possibly with some sort of TV or streaming option offered. It’s going to be a logistical nightmare to have mass cancellations, not knowing what league everyone is in next season.

I doubt Premier League matches would be cancelled. Matches would be played behind closed doors...

A source close to the discussions said there the Premier League would be willing to screen matches played in front of empty stands if it enabled the season to be completed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/02/premier-league-efl-fa-hold-talks-games-behind-closed-doors-amid/

I can see this happening if there’s a sudden surge in cases in the UK , they want to limit people travelling and limit large gatherings to stop the spread so football matches an obvious candidate, will be surreal if it happens but games go ahead behind closed doors, would be interesting to see if clubs would reimburse season ticket holders.

I assume, given recent comments by Ralph, our home form would take a big up turn if the players could play in a empty stadium...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

To be fair, we'd probably get more atmosphere from the half dozen ball boys behind the goal than we normally do from the Chapel.

Funny as **** if the league got cancelled. No title for Liverpool.
And I assume no promotion for Leeds and West brom? If the lower leagues also get cancelled it would probably be quite funny watching Pompey have to suffer another season in league 1. Norwich would be the luckiest ****s in world football.

Can't see it happening the fallout for football in England would be huge.

Not there yet 'though, these are worst case scenarios and whilst there is a lot of unknowns surrounding this virus there is also hope in that it has not spread out all over the place far more quickly. Even in China, Japan & South Korea their capital cities have not been decimated by the virus as one might have expected by now so containment measures appear to be working and these lessons can be learned.

For now it is up to individuals to make their own reasoned choices. Whilst there are no confirmed cases locally that is not to say there are no carriers. At least if you go to St Mary's it will be in the open air.

Oh dear me! A few bitter & miserable buggers on here wanting to deprive Liverpool from deservedly winning the title. They have been the best team by a mile in the Prem. Good luck to them, I just wish Saints were up there with them.

9-0 is wiped from the record books, Liverpool don’t win the league but we didn't embarrass the Skates at Fratton. Are we happy with that?
But the Pompey was in the cup and the final for that cup was played at the weekend its so that still stands....

I see a few posts have been deleted from this thread. How tragic from the mods.

While they stand idly by allowing duplicate threads.

Await the next one ‘Coronaviris what’s it mean for Saints?’

Are all the old buggers giving Saturday a miss?

Nope, I'll be there. If you're gonna go, you're gonna go, so why not at SMS watching Saints....!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

l

Nope I’m there - I’ve had my head in the mouth of the dragon a few times since this blew up - samples from China coming into the office then taken up to the NEC - then going to a huge trade show in Frankfurt which much of the world descends on. One hall top two floors predominantly Chinese makers - some stands un occupied - including some suppliers. But then Terminal 5 was quiet when we flew out, the show was quiet not the usual buzz, the top two global sourcing floors very quiet. One of our suppliers nice folk good fun, cleared her throat as she was talking I jokingly stepped back, she looked a bit upset so I gave her a hug - 3 weeks have passed since nothing.

Cards will be dealt you will just have to roll with it and fight it off.

I have another friend and supplier in Guangzhou, she is climbing the walls just wanting to get out and get on with her life, she is working but continuous monitoring of temps is getting monotonous.

l

Nope I’m there - I’ve had my head in the mouth of the dragon a few times since this blew up - samples from China coming into the office then taken up to the NEC - then going to a huge trade show in Frankfurt which much of the world descends on. One hall top two floors predominantly Chinese makers - some stands un occupied - including some suppliers. But then Terminal 5 was quiet when we flew out, the show was quiet not the usual buzz, the top two global sourcing floors very quiet. One of our suppliers nice folk good fun, cleared her throat as she was talking I jokingly stepped back, she looked a bit upset so I gave her a hug - 3 weeks have passed since nothing.

Cards will be dealt you will just have to roll with it and fight it off.

I have another friend and supplier in Guangzhou, she is climbing the walls just wanting to get out and get on with her life, she is working but continuous monitoring of temps is getting monotonous.

I was also at Frankfurt. All good since my return. My business involves lots of contact with Chinese colleagues.

The words 'over reaction' and 'scare mongering' spring to mind. The British media are fuelling hysteria

I was also at Frankfurt. All good since my return. My business involves lots of contact with Chinese colleagues.

The words 'over reaction' and 'scare mongering' spring to mind. The British media are fuelling hysteria

Honestly unless you're reading tabloids I don't know how you can say the media have blown this up at all. All BBC and Sky have done from what I've seen is report the facts and advice from various national and international health organisations.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What are you saying is an over reaction? World governments and the WHO are saying this is extremely serious and large numbers of people are likely to be infected and die. Do you have evidence to counter them?

What are you saying is an over reaction? World governments and the WHO are saying this is extremely serious and large numbers of people are likely to be infected and die. Do you have evidence to counter them?
the chief medical office live on Tv said the reasonable worst case scenario is that 80% of people in the uk could be infected and 1% will die but hopefully it will be much lower. This guy isn’t media or a politician. When are people going to wake up and realise this is serious and isn’t just flu or scaremongering.

Think it is a strong possibility that games will be played behind closed doors soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/05/premier-league-matches-closed-doors-coronavirus-everton

I'll be a bit annoyed if this is Norwich with train travel etc booked.

Those Bournemouth officials with masks on in the article look ridiculous.

Think you’ll be ok for Norwich, I reckon England’s game at home to Italy more likely to be the first impacted.

Those Bournemouth officials with masks on in the article look ridiculous.

Think you’ll be ok for Norwich, I reckon England’s game at home to Italy more likely to be the first impacted.

Nah, they've just been to the sovereign centre in Boscombe.

9-0 is wiped from the record books, Liverpool don’t win the league but we didn't embarrass the Skates at Fratton. Are we happy with that?

Even if that logic were to prevail the League Cup's been concluded, so the Pompey result stands.