Saints vs. Newcastle - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Racism or simple mistaken identity.
Bright blonde hair on Djenepo and dark hair on Bertrand, big writing on the shirt that says a different name and number, only common feature is the black skin.

Incredible double save from McCarthy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bright blonde hair on Djenepo and dark hair on Bertrand, big writing on the shirt that says a different name and number, only common feature is the black skin

Doesn’t racism include some form of hatred or discrimination. The comm just picked the wrong black guy. **** commentating but not racist.

This.

Doesn’t racism include some form of hatred or discrimination. The comm just picked the wrong black guy. **** commentating but not racist.

Racism = prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Yes, but let’s not spoil a good McCarthyite witch-hunt and virtue-signalling opportunity....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, but let’s not spoil a good McCarthyite witch-hunt and virtue-signalling opportunity....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm the least virtue signalling person you could ever meet, but it's embarrassing how often football commentators mistake black players for each other compared to white players. Hey don't even have the same hair colour ffs.

I'm the least virtue signalling person you could ever meet, but it's embarrassing how often football commentators mistake black players for each other compared to white players. Hey don't even have the same hair colour ffs.

They have to identify players hundreds of times in a very speedy environment. It's not at all surprising they make the odd mistake