Saints vs. Newcastle - Match Thread

Lighthouse

I'm the least virtue signalling person you could ever meet, but it's embarrassing how often football commentators mistake black players for each other compared to white players. Hey don't even have the same hair colour ffs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

But it’s just bad commentating ,not racism.....

I'm the least virtue signalling person you could ever meet, but it's embarrassing how often football commentators mistake black players for each other compared to white players. Hey don't even have the same hair colour ffs.

You are probably right. I’d categorise these errors as subconscious micro-passive-aggression rather than overt racism...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unprofessional - and the club and a few PR people try to blame the fans for the players’ attitude at home. I know he has just lost a parent and heart goes out to him on that but clearly not in the right place to be playing. I’m sure someone will try and blame the fans anyway.

Unprofessional - and the club and a few PR people try to blame the fans for the players’ attitude at home. I know he has just lost a parent and heart goes out to him on that but clearly not in the right place to be playing. I’m sure someone will try and blame the fans anyway.
Agreed. Should have plucked someone out of the under 23s. If there's nobody decent then just pick the paciest player and tell them to run beyond his man, then put the ball in behind.

I don't think its a red. In fact I don't really see how he could have avoided it, it was too quick. To me, its just one of those things and not intentional. I could see a yellow, but a red is harsh
It doesn't matter if it's intentional, it was a horrific challenge and a definite red.

Going to take a miracle to win now. Shane Long really needs to run for everything.
Bizarre we've put Ings out on the left. Surely the obvious change is boufal to the left, long on the right and Ings up top on his own.