Saints 0-1 Newcastle - Reaction

Lighthouse

Lucky not to be 3 or 4 down at half time, utter sh*te. Second half better and looked comfortable, thought we'd got away with it but didn't count on our ability to absolutely balls up and give away a pathetic goal again. The individual errors leading to goals never end.

Decent fight from the team in 2nd half when we had 10. Annoying that we had to hand to a toothless newcastle at the death.

Mccarthy excellent.

Real shame Valery had his brain fade moment after a pretty decent game.

Thought Ralph should have used his bench a lot more in 2nd half.

Djenepo very silly. Boufal not great either. Can we get Redmond and Armstrong back please.

MOM McCarthy. Bet that hurts some on here.

TBH nothing hurts any more, it’s just so so so predictable it’s gone well beyond boring.

I don’t care what McC did today, he’s still the best of three pretty poor ‘keepers and his saves don’t change what happened at West Ham.

MOM McCarthy. Bet that hurts some on here.

Without Macca we would have been dead and buried by half time.

Clearly this is your theme for today, and you are absolutely correct. He was immense and the match could have been beyond us a lot sooner without him

Disgraceful result against a poor side but they were comfortable as ****.

Our players are home are a joke. 4 years of underperforming at St. Mary's but ****s on here blame the fans.

The decision not to strengthen in January could be a costly one, we signed Spurs 4th choice RB to replace our 1st choice for the sake of £5 ****ing million quid.

Never rated Valary, trash player and that mistake was always on the cards because he hates facing his own goal.

Hope Boufal never wears the shirt again. A ****e player who thinks he is far better than he is.

Joke result and we are right back in the relegation battle now, shame on the powers at the club for thinking we were comfortably safe in January.

Can't blame the fans for that one. Absolute dog **** again.

Shane Long is a ****ing donkey as well.

He is very crap. Stunning that we are thinking about giving him another £3m and more so, fans are happy about it!

Jeez another f**king dinlo on this board with their insurance bets! Please f**k off!!

Are you suggesting we are unlikely to be interested in the betting activities of people who are so insignificant to our lives that we cannot even be sure they are even real peaople.? I\ll bet 2/1 you are a philistine sir!

the way we’ve been the last 4 years wouldnt you be the “dinlo” if you weren’t making off our predictability?

I've had more than 4 years to figure out your predictability. I won't profit by it, but it it will always be a source of humour for me.

I have never been so angry in my life as that first half - VAR red card for Djenepo after the Chelsea one not given? - checks the monitor for that but not the penalty? Everything went against us today. Valery a weak link defending and will be targeted by other teams if he plays. Now no Djenepo for the next how many games? Probably no Armstrong. If ever Smallbone would have had the chance to shine this was it. So predictable we'd concede a stupid defensive error after a terrific defensive effort for so long. Long played well whoever on here said he was a donkey - sure we all know he has no touch or finish but he put so much effort in and kept two men at the back occupied.

That was so not the result we needed. Now we are in real danger of getting sucked back in. Norwich a must win...with them desperate for a win and targeting us for three points too.

I have never been so angry in my life as that first half

I was pretty angry when a 40+ year old guy tried to lay my 14 year old daughter, but yeah, that must have been quite annoying for you in the context of stuff that happens in sport.

Solid defensively display with 10 men and then bang......

McCarthy deserved more.

Any clowns still blaming the fans? Absolutely brilliant effort from the crowd today to help foster the bunker mentality, unfortunately let down again by the worst home players in English football over the last three years.

I was pretty angry when a 40+ year old guy tried to lay my 14 year old daughter, but yeah, that must have been quite annoying for you in the context of stuff that happens in sport.

Haha I think he may have meant in the context of football results.

Tbf there was no malice from djenepo. It’s one of those challenges that looks horrendous under super slo mo but is one of those things. Cant argue about it being a red, but also For me there’s no real blame on the player either. Similar to bertrands red against Leicester.

Poor performance all around really. Defended ok for the most part, and long was always a handful and responsible for our best attacking moments. Still thanks only to McCarthy for only losing 1-0 though

How much longer do we have to suffer this utter **** at home, our players are ****ing morons.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

And all my home decorations are ugly. I blame my wife for not organising all my ugly ornaments into a beautiful formation, but ultimately, I blame the person that buys the ornaments. In short, if the owner cares about his collection, would he not buy the best?