Saints 0-1 Newcastle - Reaction

Lighthouse

Can’t understand why the ref didn’t VAR the challenge on Bertrand just before half-time where it looked like he got studded in the chest.

Dear God, are you for real.

Got to love the people moaning about VAR. I didn’t want it, but today is exactly why it was brought in. Without it, a red card offence would have been yellow, and a handball would have been missed. Had Bertrand got “studded in the chest” in a manner deserving of a red , the bloke would have got one. There’s no great conspiracy against Saints.

Well they let you post so it's fair game for all I would suggest as you just post for reaction, you are getting worse that Glasgow

As far as Cedric goes, he is probably better overall but has had some stinkers that even you would admit but it's irrelevant as he is not here,

and injured

I’ve given my view on the performance further up the thread, but you probably didn’t bother reading that just wanted to jump on on of the mods trying to take the p1ss out of of my view

What did you think of the game? Was it a red? A penalty? How do you think we did second half compared to first? I’ve given a view on all of them, not just posted about other posters

Utter rubbish, they created little

The triple save from Mac and pen,

Very little else

Trolling again

The ball from Shelvey where Gayle was free in the middle of the goal and should have done better, the free header for the (rightl) disallowed goal, the penalty the triple save, when they broke down the left and Gayle again I think hit the side netting when he should have done better. That’s five very good chances right there win the first half. Not trolling at all facts.

The one who’s been injured for a few months and will be fit for at best 8 games, clearly doesn’t want to be here and when he was was usually a liability against any kind of height, defensively?

Was he injured at Arsenal though?

Cédric is injures and wouldn’t have played any of the games we’ve had since he left. That’s the point.

I think we all gather that. I believe the POINT is that Cedric being fit is a level above what we have now.

we could have had Cedric back next week/after the int break and put back together the decent defence we created..

but no.

I honestly didn't think Newcastle were a threat in the second half even with the extra man. Not really sure what game you were watching if you thought they kept missing. Game was decided by the sending off and an individual error.

Other than that I thought our players put in a very decent shift today and deserved a point for their efforts.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

This is precisely the kind of ‘When we put in a decent shift’ complacency which ensures we accept defeat as long as some players put in a shift which is tragic defeatism.

The alarming thing is we appear to have been very naive and disorganised in the last half dozen games which Ralph needs to take some responsibility for.

I’ve given my view on the performance further up the thread, but you probably didn’t bother reading that just wanted to jump on on of the mods trying to take the p1ss out of of my view

What did you think of the game? Was it a red? A penalty? How do you think we did second half compared to first? I’ve given a view on all of them, not just posted about other posters

I not interested in your view because It is just designed to wind people up and all you want is chance to belittle others.

You bash club at every turn, justified or not it's tedious and I will continue to post highlighting this...

You need help with this superior opinion of yourself

Yes it was a red, we we were pretty solid in second half and would have got a point if Valery had not made error

Just a nagging doubt that Ralph's style of play has been well and truly sussed and he has no more to offer.

Be aware that this will be the pretty much our same team next season as well. Sooner or later we are going to hit the buffers.

Low attendance, seems quite a few older people are getting a bit nervous about the Virus.

I not interested in your view because It is just designed to wind people up and all you want is chance to belittle others.

You bash club at every turn, justified or not it's tedious and I will continue to post highlighting this...

You need help with this superior opinion of yourself

Yes it was a red, we we were pretty solid in second half and would have got a point if Valery had not made error

If you’re not interested in my view put me on ignore and stop following me round, offer a view of your own.

Funnily enough your last paragraph was pretty much identical to a post I made further up the thread, so does that mean you just said it to wind people up and bash the club?

The same as me. His assessment is very accurate.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I disagree I though were poor first half even before the sending off and could have been 3 or 4 down. Second half was much better, we were comfortable and could have won it even but for Valreys brain fart

The triple save was one chance, the penalty was soft (didn't see one player appeal for it), they weren't all over us as some are claiming and there's no way they should've been 4 or 5 up at half time. I understand that some people will be pretty hacked off at the result, but there are some very strange assessments on this thread.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Great workmanlike effort second half one man down which was appreciated by the noisy and supportive crowd. Total cluster%uck gifted them a winner. However it must be said that we were extremely lucky to still be in the game at halftime and if we defend like that against Arsenal and City at home we will be out to the sword.

Walker-Peters must start at Narch. Hopefully Armstrong back for Moussa.

The triple save was one chance, the penalty was soft (didn't see one player appeal for it), they weren't all over us as some are claiming and there's no way they should've been 4 or 5 up at half time. I understand that some people will be pretty hacked off at the result, but there are some very strange assessments on this thread.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Yeah it was one chance but they had 4 other great ones in the first half as well.

And we had 0.

0 good chances created at home to ****ing Newcastle.

Well beaten today. Imagine disagreeing with that.

Well beaten? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Please stop being ludicrous.

I think we all gather that. I believe the POINT is that Cedric being fit is a level above what we have now.

we could have had Cedric back next week/after the int break and put back together the decent defence we created..

but no.

And if he didn’t loan him out and he stayed injured then the **** forum experts would be screaming at why we didn’t loan out a crock. Saints can’t win with you lot. ****, we were banging them in with Pelle and Tadic and you and your ilk were whining on about not qualifying for champions league.

You’ll never be happy.

And we had 0.

0 good chances created at home to ****ing Newcastle.

Well beaten today. Imagine disagreeing with that.

Up until the sending off we were well in the game. The sending off changed the game massively. We were not well beaten.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Up until the sending off we were well in the game. The sending off changed the game massively. We were not well beaten.

Exactly. On the evidence of that, we would probably have won it had we retained 11 men. Most appear to have overlooked that first 30 minutes.

Well beaten? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Please stop being ludicrous.

We tried hard but come on, Newcastle had loads more chances than we did and should have won by more, do you disagree with that?

Yes, I disagree, because you're wrong

What I am wrong about? I'm disappointed we lost, spent time and money watching us lose at home for 10th time this year.

Newcastle had the better chances in the game - FACT

Newcastle had more chances in the game - FACT

Our keeper had his best game of the season keeping the score down.

What would you disagree with that?

Home crowd today were excellent, didn't get on players backs, did all we could. I thought red card was unfortunate, but over the 90 minutes we can't claim we deserved something.

Exactly. On the evidence of that, we would probably have won it had we retained 11 men. Most appear to have overlooked that first 30 minutes.

The first thirty minutes in which they had a flurry of chances Les - ones, as it turned out, were better than anything we created all afternoon? Those 30mins? We started extremely brightly for the first ten mins after which they took control for 10 mins before we slowly started to reassert ourselves without looking particularly dangerous. Then the sending off happened.

Edited by shurlock

but no.

Its funny that when Cedric was here he was slated on this forum week after week.

Just watched the youtube highlights. Both VAR decisions were right much to my amazement

I was at the game, and my reaction for both decisions was that the red card was harsh and it was never handball. Along with most of SMS. But the images on the big screen were not the ones that VAR used to make a decision. VAR is here to stay but the way that it is communicated to those at the game needs massive improvement.

Also think that the criticism of Valery is harsh. He was knackered after the layoff and should have been subbed earlier. As should Long. Long's decision making today was terrible, although he ran his socks off. Twice he got through and went for tight angle shots rather than squaring it.

Did Newcastle ever look like losing that game?
Yes, for the first half hour, they looked like losing. Even in the second half, until Valery's mistake we could have nicked it, we were certainly worth a battling point.

Yes, for the first half hour, they looked like losing. Even in the second half, until Valery's mistake we could have nicked it, we were certainly worth a battling point.

The first half an hour where we created **** all?

And in the second half, when they had the lion share of possession.

Battling for a point at home to Newcastle - embarrassing.

What game were you lot watching? They deserved the win today.

Battling for a point at home with 11 men, yes, agree would be embarrassing. Playing most of the game with 10 players not so.

Anyway, despite all this, cracking atmosphere today, found a song that gets most of the ground going. Noisier than the Geordies for a change.

The first half an hour where we created **** all?

And in the second half, when they had the lion share of possession.

Battling for a point at home to Newcastle - embarrassing.

What game were you lot watching? They deserved the win today.

Mate, knock yourself out with your constant criticism and negativity. I was there today, I know what I saw, rarely does a player who has just been sent off get a standing ovation. We played well, we lost, but we were always in with a chance of getting something. Players and crowd did the club proud today.

The referee got the big decisions right, but the crowd's misplaced sense of injustice didn't half help the atmosphere. Good to see the team getting the support right through a tough game.

Got to feel for Djenepo, though. Poor guy.

Mate, knock yourself out with your constant criticism and negativity. I was there today, I know what I saw, rarely does a player who has just been sent off get a standing ovation. We played well, we lost, but we were always in with a chance of getting something. Players and crowd did the club proud today.

He got a standing ovation because of the sense of injustice that he had been wrongly sent off.

What chances did we create that gives you the idea we looked like winning?