Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 264

Thread: Saints 0-1 Newcastle - Reaction

  1. #51

    Default

    Tbf there was no malice from djenepo. It’s one of those challenges that looks horrendous under super slo mo but is one of those things. Cant argue about it being a red, but also For me there’s no real blame on the player either. Similar to bertrands red against Leicester.

    Poor performance all around really. Defended ok for the most part, and long was always a handful and responsible for our best attacking moments. Still thanks only to McCarthy for only losing 1-0 though

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    How much longer do we have to suffer this utter **** at home, our players are ****ing morons.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    And all my home decorations are ugly. I blame my wife for not organising all my ugly ornaments into a beautiful formation, but ultimately, I blame the person that buys the ornaments. In short, if the owner cares about his collection, would he not buy the best?

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Was a good jan window though, wasn’t it!
    7 league places (c14m in revenue)

    FA cup exit

    looking behind us not forward

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stknowle View Post
    Haha I think he may have meant in the context of football results.

    I know.... but sometimes we just gotta have fun and play in the horse ****.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    20,162
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Saint View Post
    I was pretty angry when a 40+ year old guy tried to lay my 14 year old daughter, but yeah, that must have been quite annoying for you in the context of stuff that happens in sport.
    I hope you had a word with Jonny Bognor.

  6. #56

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    7 league places (c14m in revenue)

    FA cup exit

    looking behind us not forward
    But we made 5m profit in the transfer window and thats all that matters

    Its still beggars belief we stated in numerous occasions that we were going to strengthen at the back in January and came out of it weaker and some of our fans defend it. Its incredible

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    He'd be crap in the modern game.
    Weird. At the game I thought we had been cheated by the ref and defended valiantly. Just watched that and we were lucky not to get thrashed.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maysie View Post
    Weird. At the game I thought we had been cheated by the ref and defended valiantly. Just watched that and we were lucky not to get thrashed.
    Sorry meant 5lto reply to highlights post

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Yeah some battle but we were going for a 0-0 and newcastle kept missing. They should have scored plenty but they're rubbish.

    Can't say I feel any different about the loss than I would have a 0-0 given how our home results have been.

    Huge game at Norwich now. We either finish them off or we're slipping back into it. And I don't want to see huge celebrations when we scrape survival either. The season has been an abject failure in planning, signings and form for most players.
    I honestly didn't think Newcastle were a threat in the second half even with the extra man. Not really sure what game you were watching if you thought they kept missing. Game was decided by the sending off and an individual error.

    Other than that I thought our players put in a very decent shift today and deserved a point for their efforts.

    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Hilarious that the club put this one as a category A fixture too.

    People are paying top ****ing dollar to watch this ****e at home. No wonder there are empty seats every game.
    Christ I didn't realise they'd done that. That takes some serious nerve.

  11. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pete View Post
    I honestly didn't think Newcastle were a threat in the second half even with the extra man. Not really sure what game you were watching if you thought they kept missing. Game was decided by the sending off and an individual error.

    Other than that I thought our players put in a very decent shift today and deserved a point for their efforts.

    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
    They missed plenty of chances, Gayle was really poor, they missed a penalty too.

    If a team has a big striker, even if they're not scoring much, and don't play them against us they're crazy.

  12. #62

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    I hope you had a word with Jonny Bognor.
    I had to google that, despite being on this forum. Every time that happens I wonder if I became less English without realising.

    So, this Bognor chap is a famous pedo? Or just Heisenberg?

  13. #63

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    20,162
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Dog**** game, decent support. We’re pretty much safe, so won’t lose too much sleep over the result - biggest disappointment is that deadwood we want to clear isn’t putting itself in the shop window and players we want to build a side around are still woefully inconsistent.

  14. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    How much longer do we have to suffer this utter **** at home, our players are ****ing morons.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Self fulfilling prophecy isn't it. Puel sent us from great football to largely negative football with a low points total for that position and a lot of goalless home games. Pellegrino made that worse. Hughes got a job based on one home win. Just awful stuff with huge money wasted along the way, meaning Ralph is managing with his hands tied behind his back. A few very good players, a lot of average ones and some just rubbish.

    If we stay up, we need to the start the season well at home to rescue the situation. A couple of decent signings would help that too, players to come straight in and improve the situation. But the longer we mess around and get sucked back into the fight, the less time we have to plan next season. I bet the moment we hit 40 points a new contract for Ralph will be announced and we'll start looking at signings, and most importantly, player exits.

  15. #65

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Dog**** game, decent support. We’re pretty much safe, so won’t lose too much sleep over the result - biggest disappointment is that deadwood we want to clear isn’t putting itself in the shop window and players we want to build a side around are still woefully inconsistent.
    Sums it up for me too. Hard to get upset about it, and hard to get excited for the future.
    It's pretty much like being nowhere.

  16. #66

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,650

    Default

    I'll post tomorrow when I'm not so angry (not with the team) and the infestation of gloating skates and negative non-thinking whingers has thinned out a bit.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  17. #67

    Default

    Think people are frustrated just looking at the table, there are some utterly rubbish sides above us. Palace are so **** yet Hodgson has them organised and riding high. With an even slightly alright home record we'd be well up there too.

    People try and make it about our style of play being more suited to away, but there's no doubt they have a bit of a complex at home. It's become a hindrance more than a help. Heads often go down, they don't expect to win. Villa never threatened so there was never any panic. But if things are going against us we rarely fight back. Only Watford did we manage it really.

  18. #68

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Despite VAR, some teams still seem to get preferential treatment over others, and some officials still have a massive influence over the result.

    Today's result was not totally unexpected, and next week at Norwich will be as hard for us to get something. Unthinkable only a few weeks ago.....

  19. Default

    Pathetic.

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    They missed plenty of chances, Gayle was really poor, they missed a penalty too.

    If a team has a big striker, even if they're not scoring much, and don't play them against us they're crazy.
    Yeah, first half they missed chances granted. Penalty though was from a bizarre random piece of play by Boufal.

    Second half they really didn't threaten from where I was sitting. Obviously the howler from us gifted them the points.

    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

  21. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Yeah some battle but we were going for a 0-0 and newcastle kept missing. They should have scored plenty but they're rubbish.

    Can't say I feel any different about the loss than I would have a 0-0 given how our home results have been.

    Huge game at Norwich now. We either finish them off or we're slipping back into it. And I don't want to see huge celebrations when we scrape survival either. The season has been an abject failure in planning, signings and form for most players.
    What did you expect us to do faced with over an hour of 10 vs 11, go all out for a win?

    Despite the extra man I wouldnt say they were all over us, we were clearly lacking up top and Id have taken a point given the circumstances. To lose to a stupid error, against a team that cant even buy a goal makes it all the harder to take. 9th loss at home this season, and some utter helmets like Instant Classic have to nerve to criticise those of us that turn up whilst they stream from the comfort of their armchair.

    Cant wait for the season to end

  22. #72

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Despite VAR, some teams still seem to get preferential treatment over others, and some officials still have a massive influence over the result.

    Today's result was not totally unexpected, and next week at Norwich will be as hard for us to get something. Unthinkable only a few weeks ago.....

  23. Default

    The fans are going to get us relegated

  24. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patred44 View Post
    Despite VAR, some teams still seem to get preferential treatment over others, and some officials still have a massive influence over the result.

    Today's result was not totally unexpected, and next week at Norwich will be as hard for us to get something. Unthinkable only a few weeks ago.....
    If we keep 11 on the pitch it won't be as hard. We can and need to go there and win. Norwich are still a very poor side at this level and while rubbish at west ham, we aren't a terrible away side. Definitely time to drop Long though for that one. Hopefully Armstrong will be back he just makes our game tick.

  25. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    If we keep 11 on the pitch it won't be as hard. We can and need to go there and win. Norwich are still a very poor side at this level.
    They're not poor at all - their attacking play is far more incisive and inventive than our cloggers can manage. They played Spurs off the park in midweek.

    They'll cause us loads of problems.

    The only thing in our favour is that Norwich like to pass the ball around at the back and through the midfield, so we might get some joy with our press. Which we're going to have to because we can't create a thing any other way.



    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  26. #76

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    13,019

    Default

    I really can't understand the degree of wrist-slashing on here. We were by far the better team for the first half an hour until Djenepo got himself sent off. We also defended with spirit until virtually the 80th minute, including some quite brilliant saves by McCarthy, but had we been facing a keeper making such saves, some on here would be moaning at how crap our strikers were for not being able to put the ball in the net. Yes, McCarthy had an inspired game, but that is a big plus in terms of team spirit that we were able to still give Newcastle a few frights in their defence until late on in the match. Ultimately a mistake by young Valery gave Newcastle the chance they took, having been pretty dire with others. Perhaps playing Djenepo and Boufal in the same team was a bit of a luxury, but they didn't look bad together until Djenepo got sent off. Looking at the bigger picture until the end of the season, Redmond and Armstrong would have probably helped win us the match today if playing, Smallbone looks a good find and Valery and Walker-Peters at least give options at right back if they both attain proper match fitness and an understanding with the CBs. One has been out for a while and the other has only recently arrived, so let's not be too hasty to judge them just yet.

    As for the atmosphere, that was amazing, quite the best of the season. Refereeing and linesmen, appalling.

  27. #77

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Over time, VAR will be proven to advantage the bigger teams wherever possible, but it is still an improvement as the bias becomes harder to conceal.

    The FA will always favour the bigger teams, the challenge is to become a bigger team.

  28. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patred44 View Post
    Despite VAR, some teams still seem to get preferential treatment over others, and some officials still have a massive influence over the result.

    Today's result was not totally unexpected, and next week at Norwich will be as hard for us to get something. Unthinkable only a few weeks ago.....
    Some did foresee this my friend....

  29. #79

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,392

    Default

    I’m the first to take a pop at our support but today, second half until they scored, was very good - but it will be interesting to see if results improve at St Mary’s once we, inevitably, start playing behind closed doors in the coming weeks.

  30. #80

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    I’m the first to take a pop at our support but today, second half until they scored, was very good - but it will be interesting to see if results improve at St Mary’s once we, inevitably, start playing behind closed doors in the coming weeks.
    Wash your hands

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    The fans are going to get us relegated
    Why? Great support today.

  32. #82

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunglasses Ron View Post
    Why? Great support today.
    The fans are clearly not scoring enough goals and they have a weak defence.

  33. #83

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    We’re pretty much safe, so won’t lose too much sleep over the result .
    I hope you're right...but you know our team...if we don't win one or more of the next two games we could be entering May needing two wins out of the last three games...don't see us getting anything from Man City, Everton or Man Utd...

  34. #84

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you. Now, stop touching that.
    Posts
    13,108
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Jebus, sometimes I feel that on this forum i am the only constant. The one guy with stable opinions, above average intelligence and an extraordinarily large penis.

    This is why I never mention Hoddle.

  35. #85

    Default

    Ralph seemed as dejected as me in his post match interview with BBC. I feel utterly flat with yet another season fizzling out to nothing.

    I'm 46, I shouldn't be letting football ruin my weekends at my age. Does it get any better????

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51782620

  36. #86

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    I really can't understand the degree of wrist-slashing on here. We were by far the better team for the first half an hour until Djenepo got himself sent off. We also defended with spirit until virtually the 80th minute, including some quite brilliant saves by McCarthy, but had we been facing a keeper making such saves, some on here would be moaning at how crap our strikers were for not being able to put the ball in the net. Yes, McCarthy had an inspired game, but that is a big plus in terms of team spirit that we were able to still give Newcastle a few frights in their defence until late on in the match. Ultimately a mistake by young Valery gave Newcastle the chance they took, having been pretty dire with others. Perhaps playing Djenepo and Boufal in the same team was a bit of a luxury, but they didn't look bad together until Djenepo got sent off. Looking at the bigger picture until the end of the season, Redmond and Armstrong would have probably helped win us the match today if playing, Smallbone looks a good find and Valery and Walker-Peters at least give options at right back if they both attain proper match fitness and an understanding with the CBs. One has been out for a while and the other has only recently arrived, so let's not be too hasty to judge them just yet.

    As for the atmosphere, that was amazing, quite the best of the season. Refereeing and linesmen, appalling.
    What game were you watching Les? Were sh1t first half, a wonder treble save from McCarthy and a bad miss kept us level, we created very little. Second half I thought we were better looked comfortable until yet another error. Over the whole game we got what we deserved but thought wed got away with it when we went in at half time level
    Thinking we could be much worse second half and we werent

  37. #87

    Default

    Why do I bother? Why am I bothered?

    I hate VAR. it is destroying the game that I loved. The TV companies have created a monster and it has to be fed.

    I never want to see Valery in a Saints shirt again. Another stupid mistake to go with all his others.

    Likewise Obafemi. He got sent on for his five minutes of effort and glory and every time the ball was passed to him he dummied it or flicked it away. At that stage of the game you need someone to hold the ball upfront. Buy your teammates some breathing space, maybe draw a foul.

  38. #88

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Some did foresee this my friend....
    And were told we were wrong. Stephens and co were now great players not poor ones playing well. We were absolutely fine

  39. #89

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    And we’re told we were wrong. Stephens and co were now great players not poor ones playing well. We were absolutely fine
    I will add (again) that the RB situation is 100% our own doing. What a predictably pathetic position we have put ourselves in.

  40. #90

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,329

    Default

    Really starting to regret not signing one of those world class RB, teams were practically giving away in January. Would definitely have prevented Djenepo from being sent off. If only I was as clever as Turkish, I might have seen this coming.

  41. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    Disgraceful result against a poor side but they were comfortable as ****.

    Our players are home are a joke. 4 years of underperforming at St. Mary's but ****s on here blame the fans.

    The decision not to strengthen in January could be a costly one, we signed Spurs 4th choice RB to replace our 1st choice for the sake of 5 ****ing million quid.

    Never rated Valary, trash player and that mistake was always on the cards because he hates facing his own goal.

    Hope Boufal never wears the shirt again. A ****e player who thinks he is far better than he is.

    Joke result and we are right back in the relegation battle now, shame on the powers at the club for thinking we were comfortably safe in January.

    Yeah, we really are trying to get back in the doo-doo aren't we? We looked well clear of it and hoping for a late surge for a European spot. Now we are - what is it - only 7 points above relegation slots. Squeaky bum time. (there should be an emoji for that)

  42. #92

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Really starting to regret not signing one of those world class RB, teams were practically giving away in January. Would definitely have prevented Djenepo from being sent off. If only I was as clever as Turkish, I might have seen this coming.
    good shout, we should have just kept he one we had if Lighthouse was not able to recommend someone!

  43. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I will add (again) that the RB situation is 100% our own doing. What a predictably pathetic position we have put ourselves in.
    We seem to be utterly obsessed as a club on "clever" player sales and departures. Creating unnecessary upheaval and problems just so the player trading department can all high-fiving each other on saving six months wages on February 1st. Over and over again.

  44. #94

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    7,150

    Default

    Can’t understand why the ref didn’t VAR the challenge on Bertrand just before half-time where it looked like he got studded in the chest.

  45. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Really starting to regret not signing one of those world class RB, teams were practically giving away in January. Would definitely have prevented Djenepo from being sent off. If only I was as clever as Turkish, I might have seen this coming.
    Its a shame Arsenal snapped up that experienced Premier League RB in January.

  46. #96

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    I'll post tomorrow when I'm not so angry (not with the team) and the infestation of gloating skates and negative non-thinking whingers has thinned out a bit.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Good decision, I'm not sure that I have just watched the same game as some of the forum experts. I never normally watch motd when we lose, but I will tonight because I thought the players and crowd put in a decent shift.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  47. #97

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    The fans are going to get us relegated
    The fans were brilliant today in their support.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  48. #98

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The metropolis of Wem
    Posts
    7,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    I really can't understand the degree of wrist-slashing on here. We were by far the better team for the first half an hour until Djenepo got himself sent off. We also defended with spirit until virtually the 80th minute, including some quite brilliant saves by McCarthy, but had we been facing a keeper making such saves, some on here would be moaning at how crap our strikers were for not being able to put the ball in the net. Yes, McCarthy had an inspired game, but that is a big plus in terms of team spirit that we were able to still give Newcastle a few frights in their defence until late on in the match. Ultimately a mistake by young Valery gave Newcastle the chance they took, having been pretty dire with others. Perhaps playing Djenepo and Boufal in the same team was a bit of a luxury, but they didn't look bad together until Djenepo got sent off. Looking at the bigger picture until the end of the season, Redmond and Armstrong would have probably helped win us the match today if playing, Smallbone looks a good find and Valery and Walker-Peters at least give options at right back if they both attain proper match fitness and an understanding with the CBs. One has been out for a while and the other has only recently arrived, so let's not be too hasty to judge them just yet.

    As for the atmosphere, that was amazing, quite the best of the season. Refereeing and linesmen, appalling.
    Thank you. A bit of unbiased sanity.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  49. #99

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Its a shame Arsenal snapped up that experienced Premier League RB in January.
    The one who’s been injured for a few months and will be fit for at best 8 games, clearly doesn’t want to be here and when he was was usually a liability against any kind of height, defensively?

  50. Default

    Not sure what is more sad, the trolls going on and on about relegation and being sucked in, or the weak-minded lot who are believing them.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •