Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sunday Times - Southampton put up for sale at £250m

Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    You're comparing the winners of League Two with winning the League Cup. Clown.
    No, I’m comparing Lincoln winning the league with us finishing 16th. They won, we didn’t. They clearly did better than us; except they didn’t, it’s a completely false and meaningless comparison. Just like comparing a cup final against Man Utd with a cup final against Bradford City.

Swansea have a trophy and I’d much prefer we did as well but they didn’t ‘do better’. Anyway, I’m off to bed.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    He’s looking to turn Southampton into Europe’s amazon hub
    If we had Amazon Prime could we have new players delivered overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    No, I’m comparing Lincoln winning the league with us finishing 16th. They won, we didn’t. They clearly did better than us; except they didn’t, it’s a completely false and meaningless comparison. Just like comparing a cup final against Man Utd with a cup final against Bradford City.

Swansea have a trophy and I’d much prefer we did as well but they didn’t ‘do better’. Anyway, I’m off to bed.
    What a ludicrous argument. A league cup final against man united or a league cup final against Bradford is still a league cup final and winning the league cup final is better than not winning it. Insane logic

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

Go to sleep.

I agree with Lighthouse. It's why I don't count the 2008 FA Cup when the semi-final teams were Championship West Brom, Barnsley, Cardiff and some Premier League club I can't remember. Voided the competition.

I see the covid 19 isolation is really kicking in. Bit like the video clips I get - very funny at the start but gradually declining as time goes and fresh content runs out.

Don't shoot the messenger.....

As we all know, Gao bought the football club so that he could invest lots of money into Southampton's infrastructure.

Well, it's MUCH bigger than we thought. The real plan all along has been to develop the long-heralded Dibden Bay docks. The Chinese want to extend belt and road to the UK south coast to give them a strategic presence on either side of the EU. Whilst Gao could feasibly have been used to front the redevelopment of the gas works / Itchen foreshore, he's not a credible front for Dibden Bay, which will need mega billions.

Now, it just so happens that various US interests are also keen to establish a sizeable logistics base on the outskirts of the EU. The US government can't be seen to openly collaborate with the Chinese on this but the boss of a certain US business with a need for logistics capability has the liquidity to underwrite a sufficiently scaled development, for his own needs, but with strategic excess for the B&R / Uncle Sam.

None of this can go ahead without acquiring SFC to grease the wheels.....

Paul Allen incoming ...

https://www.skysports.com/southampton

Backs up my sources.

How does buying a football club... "grease the wheels"?

Elon Musk did tweet he is selling everything he owns.

Blog Entries

Hmmm.

I wonder whether the appearance of this story is an attempt to flush out any more potential buyers.

I’m thinking tongues-are-in-cheeks here........

Blog Entries

I wonder what our resident trolls are up to these days now that there is no football to bet on?

This bloke was linked with buying a football club in the last year or so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Boehly

https://www.football.london/chelsea-...ovich-16600343

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football...id-for-chelsea

Probably no one as high profile.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick75Sfc View Post
    Would be remarkable, a second coming.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertk.../#4676423b7b1a

A group that’s in the market for a EPL club.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmary View Post

Well I suppose if you are looking for an EPL team on he cheap, now might be a good time..........

Semmens to be interview in 40 mins on Solent.
    No doubt he will say that as far he is aware there have been no discussion regarding a takeover, that Gao is not looking to sell but we re always looking at opportunities for new investment.

Blog Entries

We would fit the bill of what they are looking for if you consider us to be one of those in the group of clubs just below the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    We would fit the bill of what they are looking for if you consider us to be one of those in the group of clubs just below the top 6.
    Especially when you consider that Everton, Leicester are not gonna sell and Newcastle have just been bought.

Previously linked with Newcastle.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...looks-unlikely

Although they don't come out of this article well:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport...rochure-637769

They sound horrific. Vulture capitalists looking to get distressed assets on the cheap as a “macro investment”. In other words, buy cheap, invest the minimum necessary and flip it on when the market picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

“The whole key here is to have dry powder after those initial acquisitions are done to build world class teams at a time when not a lot of other people are investing. Thematically, it's all about playing offense when the rest of the world is playing defense.”

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    They sound horrific. Vulture capitalists looking to get distressed assets on the cheap as a “macro investment”. In other words, buy cheap, invest the minimum necessary and flip it on when the market picks up.
    Not the type of owners I would want!

Not the type of owners I would want!
    Which PL owners could actually be described as "good" these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Avenue_Saint View Post
    “The whole key here is to have dry powder after those initial acquisitions are done to build world class teams at a time when not a lot of other people are investing. Thematically, it's all about playing offense when the rest of the world is playing defense.”
    Straight out of the Ralphspeak.

(Krueger that is).

Straight out of the Ralphspeak.

(Krueger that is).
    Agreed

As predicted Martin Seemens just said stories were not true.

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Martin Semmens said that "as far as he is aware" there is no truth in the takeover talks.

I thought that Nicola Cortese had further links to wealthy investors. Bring him back with someone with a **** load of money. Controversial?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Which PL owners could actually be described as "good" these days?
    Burnley.

Directors are all local and take no money. Club has no debts.

Quote Originally Posted by the colonel View Post
    I thought that Nicola Cortese had further links to wealthy investors. Bring him back with someone with a **** load of money. Controversial?!?!
    He was full of ****e and wouldnt believe a word he spouts.

34. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    If anyone wants to listen: https://twitter.com/solentsport/stat...699082240?s=21
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 02-05-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Yeah Da Garosa and his consortium are interest they sold Bordeaux inJanuary and want to take on a challenge in Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White 91 View Post
    Yeah Da Garosa and his consortium are interest they sold Bordeaux inJanuary and want to take on a challenge in Premier League.
    interested in who?

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White 91 View Post
    Although we'd be pleased to see Gao sell up, have to wonder if this would be a step forward or not.

Anyone know anything about him/them ?

If true, that is.

SISU MkII.

Quote Originally Posted by the colonel View Post
    He’s still waiting for the call from AC Milan

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Whatever Toby Steel says...there are American investors interested.
    From early march.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    From early march.
    I hope they are still interested...

I’ve just read that Ronald Koeman and several others including Dennis Bergkamp and a Billionaire
    Businessman are looking to buy a club at a knockdown price.
    After the bad feeling when he left - how would the fans react if they were to try to take us over?
    Hypothetical at the moment but in reality if such an approach were to come in??
    At least he knows how the club is run

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Controller View Post
    I’ve just read that Ronald Koeman and several others including Dennis Bergkamp and a Billionaire
    After the bad feeling when he left - how would the fans react if they were to try to take us over?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ague-club.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Fat Controller View Post
    The only bad feeling as far as I'm concerned was between Les and Ronald and Les has gone.

Realistically, there aren't many targets for those people.

None of the "Big 6" are for sale, as far as I know, and are probably too expensive anyway.

Newcastle obviously not any more, unless that deal craters.

Leicester probably not. Wolves probably not. Villa probably not. Watford? Probably not.

Would West Ham owners sell up for the right money? Maybe. What about Sheff U? Could be complicated for their owner if the Saud's complete Newcastle so he could be looking to exit but are they a better long-term bet?

As for the rest, is anyone a better target than us, particularly if our owner actively wants to sell?

Anyway, it's all academic if Bezos goes ahead.

This would be great (in my opinion), football men through and through, all with decent contacts and scouting system. Potentially a great fit for developing that "conveyor belt of talent" from around the world and then selling the players at massive prices.

However, I think Abramovich wants to offload Chelsea and what about Palace (https://www.cityam.com/crystal-palac...-in-210m-deal/) and Watford (https://www.football.london/watford-...offer-15098886)?

So Saints are far from the only club out there for sale at the right price. Without researching it, you could probably add Norwich, Burnley and Bournemouth, although all far less attractive.

I can’t deny....I would more than welcome an approach from this consortium.
    The combination of football knowledge,passion for the game coupled with some business acumen should be greeted with open arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got contacts involved in this deal and I am hearing that Denis Bergkamp is only interested because of Jackson's Farm, while Koeman had been badgering the council about structural improvements to Western Esplanade for years and has decided this is the only way to make them really listen.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    I've got contacts involved in this deal and I am hearing that Denis Bergkamp is only interested because of Jackson's Farm, while Koeman had been badgering the council about structural improvements to Western Esplanade for years and has decided this is the only way to make them really listen.
    Hasn't Cocu also bought Martin O'Neil's house in Winchester? Or did Michael Owen still own that one, I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    They refused to grant him a confession for a waffle stand by West Quay. Needless to say, he may have the last laugh.

As I said though, if Bezos gets the right response regarding Dibden, that will be only game in town.

They refused to grant him a confession for a waffle stand by West Quay. Needless to say, he may have the last laugh.

As I said though, if Bezos gets the right response regarding Dibden, that will be only game in town.
    I live in Dibden and can confirm there's been literally hundreds of Amazon delivery vans in the area. I suspect they're scouting the area out. I've spoken to a few of them recently as coincidentally I've also had some deliveries. Although none of them could officially confirm these rumours, crucially none of them denied them either. The only thing that concerns me slightly is the Amazon smile logo looks like a circumcised ****.

I heard Bill Gates was in lockdown on his yacht off Cowes.........!