The Sunday Times - Southampton put up for sale at £250m

The Odd Guy

Hopefully they don't have the same impact as Swansea, Sunderland, or Aston Villa's former American-based owners.

Crazy how we’ve pretty much mirrored Swansea’s rise and fall. Almost a carbon copy.. we just need the yanks to come in an seal the deal.

Interesting, who it could be. I wonder who the other interested parties are too?

Apparently someone called Jeffery Bezos? was show around St Mary’s and staplewood, start of the year.

Crazy how we’ve pretty much mirrored Swansea’s rise and fall. Almost a carbon copy.. we just need the yanks to come in an seal the deal.

What, they were promoted and sold a couple of decent players? Apart from that I see very little in common.

If anything I’d say we were a Primark West Ham.

It's a cup win at the end of the day, far better than what we managed at our peak.

At our recent peak, we played well enough to win 9 times out of 10 in a League Cup final against Man Utd and finished above Liverpool in the league. Hardly 'far' better.

At our recent peak, we played well enough to win 9 times out of 10 in a League Cup final against Man Utd and finished above Liverpool in the league. Hardly 'far' better.

The history books say they won it we didn’t so yes winning it is far better than not winning it.

It's a cup win at the end of the day, far better than what we managed at our peak.

In the same way that Lincoln City were better than us last season, then I suppose. It’s an utterly pointless debate/comparison so I’ll leave it there.

The fact it’s made it to national press would suggest that (if even true) we are hoping someone else comes in. Can’t say I’m all that excited as it’s most likely another chancer... however, anyone is better than Gao.

The fact it’s made it to national press would suggest that (if even true) we are hoping someone else comes in. Can’t say I’m all that excited as it’s most likely another chancer... however, anyone is better than Gao.

I take it you haven't read the Pompey Takover Saga thread then.

Were you joking about Bezos then?

In the same way that Lincoln City were better than us last season, then I suppose. It’s an utterly pointless debate/comparison so I’ll leave it there.

Comparing the winner of the checkatrade trophy to that on the league up is a pointless comparison.

If it is the Kraft group, that would be immense.

All that group is associated with winners.

Talking to a fan of their “soccer” team New England Revolution, they’re not overly pleased. Seems they’re ignored and have been promised a stadium for years that hasn’t come to fruition, apparently.

Seems Robert Kraft has also been put off investing in the Premier League due to the lack of salary cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just passing on what I’ve been told fella

Ok mate, the worlds richest man :) that would be insane. I only asked again cos someone said above that it was a wind up. Imagine if this is true!!

What did you mean when you said about hoping someone else comes in?

Just passing on what I’ve been told fella

We'll have to keep an eye out for Amazon delivery drones flying over St Mary's :rolleyes:

Hopefully the people that kept an eye out for Paul Allen's yacht are still around.

Kraft was labelled the worst owner in the MLS with New England Revolution. [emoji2369]

He also completely transformed the New England Patriots from being a nothing franchise to winning the superbowl 6 superbowl wins.

For the NY revolution, they ve been in 5 finals in 25 years.

We'll have to keep an eye out for Amazon delivery drones flying over St Mary's :rolleyes:

Hopefully the people that kept an eye out for Paul Allen's yacht are still around.

He’s looking to turn Southampton into Europe’s amazon hub

He also completely transformed the New England Patriots from being a nothing franchise to winning the superbowl 6 superbowl wins.

For the NY revolution, they ve been in 5 finals in 25 years.

He’s a huge Patriots fan. A season ticket holder for over 20 years before investing.

The Revolution is more of a box tick. They may have got to a few finals, but most MLS teams have. It’s no competition compared to the PL. Seems to have very little interest comparatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K,Billy responded to Doddisalegend’s question about who he’d like to see as an owner with:

F) American owners buying the club through loans put on the club

Reminder of K, Billy’s response to an earlier question about ownership...

You're comparing the winners of League Two with winning the League Cup. Clown.

No, I’m comparing Lincoln winning the league with us finishing 16th. They won, we didn’t. They clearly did better than us; except they didn’t, it’s a completely false and meaningless comparison. Just like comparing a cup final against Man Utd with a cup final against Bradford City.

Swansea have a trophy and I’d much prefer we did as well but they didn’t ‘do better’. Anyway, I’m off to bed.

No, I’m comparing Lincoln winning the league with us finishing 16th. They won, we didn’t. They clearly did better than us; except they didn’t, it’s a completely false and meaningless comparison. Just like comparing a cup final against Man Utd with a cup final against Bradford City.

Swansea have a trophy and I’d much prefer we did as well but they didn’t ‘do better’. Anyway, I’m off to bed.

What a ludicrous argument. A league cup final against man united or a league cup final against Bradford is still a league cup final and winning the league cup final is better than not winning it. Insane logic

Go to sleep.

I agree with Lighthouse. It's why I don't count the 2008 FA Cup when the semi-final teams were Championship West Brom, Barnsley, Cardiff and some Premier League club I can't remember. Voided the competition.

I see the covid 19 isolation is really kicking in. Bit like the video clips I get - very funny at the start but gradually declining as time goes and fresh content runs out.

Don't shoot the messenger.....

As we all know, Gao bought the football club so that he could invest lots of money into Southampton's infrastructure.

Well, it's MUCH bigger than we thought. The real plan all along has been to develop the long-heralded Dibden Bay docks. The Chinese want to extend belt and road to the UK south coast to give them a strategic presence on either side of the EU. Whilst Gao could feasibly have been used to front the redevelopment of the gas works / Itchen foreshore, he's not a credible front for Dibden Bay, which will need mega billions.

Now, it just so happens that various US interests are also keen to establish a sizeable logistics base on the outskirts of the EU. The US government can't be seen to openly collaborate with the Chinese on this but the boss of a certain US business with a need for logistics capability has the liquidity to underwrite a sufficiently scaled development, for his own needs, but with strategic excess for the B&R / Uncle Sam.

None of this can go ahead without acquiring SFC to grease the wheels.....