The Sunday Times - Southampton put up for sale at £250m

The Odd Guy

Semmens to be interview in 40 mins on Solent.

No doubt he will say that as far he is aware there have been no discussion regarding a takeover, that Gao is not looking to sell but we re always looking at opportunities for new investment.

We would fit the bill of what they are looking for if you consider us to be one of those in the group of clubs just below the top 6.

Especially when you consider that Everton, Leicester are not gonna sell and Newcastle have just been bought.

They sound horrific. Vulture capitalists looking to get distressed assets on the cheap as a “macro investment”. In other words, buy cheap, invest the minimum necessary and flip it on when the market picks up.

“The whole key here is to have dry powder after those initial acquisitions are done to build world class teams at a time when not a lot of other people are investing. Thematically, it's all about playing offense when the rest of the world is playing defense.”

They sound horrific. Vulture capitalists looking to get distressed assets on the cheap as a “macro investment”. In other words, buy cheap, invest the minimum necessary and flip it on when the market picks up.

Not the type of owners I would want!

“The whole key here is to have dry powder after those initial acquisitions are done to build world class teams at a time when not a lot of other people are investing. Thematically, it's all about playing offense when the rest of the world is playing defense.”

Straight out of the Ralphspeak.

(Krueger that is).

Yeah Da Garosa and his consortium are interest they sold Bordeaux inJanuary and want to take on a challenge in Premier League.

Yeah Da Garosa and his consortium are interest they sold Bordeaux inJanuary and want to take on a challenge in Premier League.

Although we'd be pleased to see Gao sell up, have to wonder if this would be a step forward or not.

Anyone know anything about him/them ?

If true, that is.

SISU MkII.

I’ve just read that Ronald Koeman and several others including Dennis Bergkamp and a Billionaire

Businessman are looking to buy a club at a knockdown price.

After the bad feeling when he left - how would the fans react if they were to try to take us over?

Hypothetical at the moment but in reality if such an approach were to come in??

At least he knows how the club is run

I’ve just read that Ronald Koeman and several others including Dennis Bergkamp and a Billionaire

After the bad feeling when he left - how would the fans react if they were to try to take us over?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8281299/Dennis-Bergkamp-leading-consortium-buy-Premier-League-club.html

The only bad feeling as far as I'm concerned was between Les and Ronald and Les has gone.

Realistically, there aren't many targets for those people.

None of the "Big 6" are for sale, as far as I know, and are probably too expensive anyway.

Newcastle obviously not any more, unless that deal craters.

Leicester probably not. Wolves probably not. Villa probably not. Watford? Probably not.

Would West Ham owners sell up for the right money? Maybe. What about Sheff U? Could be complicated for their owner if the Saud's complete Newcastle so he could be looking to exit but are they a better long-term bet?

As for the rest, is anyone a better target than us, particularly if our owner actively wants to sell?

Anyway, it's all academic if Bezos goes ahead.

This would be great (in my opinion), football men through and through, all with decent contacts and scouting system. Potentially a great fit for developing that "conveyor belt of talent" from around the world and then selling the players at massive prices.

However, I think Abramovich wants to offload Chelsea and what about Palace (https://www.cityam.com/crystal-palace-hawked-for-sale-in-210m-deal/) and Watford (https://www.football.london/watford-fc/news/watford-gino-pozzo-takeover-offer-15098886)?

So Saints are far from the only club out there for sale at the right price. Without researching it, you could probably add Norwich, Burnley and Bournemouth, although all far less attractive.

I can’t deny....I would more than welcome an approach from this consortium.

The combination of football knowledge,passion for the game coupled with some business acumen should be greeted with open arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got contacts involved in this deal and I am hearing that Denis Bergkamp is only interested because of Jackson's Farm, while Koeman had been badgering the council about structural improvements to Western Esplanade for years and has decided this is the only way to make them really listen.

I've got contacts involved in this deal and I am hearing that Denis Bergkamp is only interested because of Jackson's Farm, while Koeman had been badgering the council about structural improvements to Western Esplanade for years and has decided this is the only way to make them really listen.

Hasn't Cocu also bought Martin O'Neil's house in Winchester? Or did Michael Owen still own that one, I forget.

They refused to grant him a confession for a waffle stand by West Quay. Needless to say, he may have the last laugh.

As I said though, if Bezos gets the right response regarding Dibden, that will be only game in town.

They refused to grant him a confession for a waffle stand by West Quay. Needless to say, he may have the last laugh.

As I said though, if Bezos gets the right response regarding Dibden, that will be only game in town.

I live in Dibden and can confirm there's been literally hundreds of Amazon delivery vans in the area. I suspect they're scouting the area out. I've spoken to a few of them recently as coincidentally I've also had some deliveries. Although none of them could officially confirm these rumours, crucially none of them denied them either. The only thing that concerns me slightly is the Amazon smile logo looks like a circumcised ****.

I can’t deny....I would more than welcome an approach from this consortium.

The combination of football knowledge,passion for the game coupled with some business acumen should be greeted with open arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure of their level though since they tried to by Wycombe recently but they went with another bid.

The only bad feeling as far as I'm concerned was between Les and Ronald and Les has gone.

None of the "Big 6" are for sale, as far as I know, and are probably too expensive anyway.

Leicester probably not. Wolves probably not. Villa probably not. Watford? Probably not.

Would West Ham owners sell up for the right money? Maybe. What about Sheff U? Could be complicated for their owner if the Saud's complete Newcastle so he could be looking to exit but are they a better long-term bet?

As for the rest, is anyone a better target than us, particularly if our owner actively wants to sell?

Exactly. The cancers at the top have gone. I would welcome koeman at the club again. It's a shame he left and not les and Co.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Which PL owners could actually be described as "good" these days?

Burnley.

Directors are all local and take no money. Club has no debts.

True in a nostalgic, good old days way, and I'd love to see every club going back to those basics. But the way the PL is run, can you honestly see them going any further than their current "punching above their weight" status working under those constraints?

Are you being serious about Bezos? Is it actually him who is interested

Are you being serious about Bezos? Is it actually him who is interested
You are like a dog with a bone, Davey.

Would recommend asking Glasgow to forward you his latest PM update. Will give you a few more leads.