What's happened....

Heisenberg

To our home form?

Last 4 seasons (in the league) we will win on average just one in 4 games + had to suffer that 9-0 ++ sit with a combined goal difference of minus 28

Played 72

Won 19

Drawn 23

Lost 30

GD -28

2016/17 we won just 6 (Puel)

2017/18 we won just 4 (Pellegrino/Hughes)

2018/19 we won just 5 (Hughes/Ralph)

2019/20 we won just 4 (Ralph)

Compare that to Koemans last season where we won 11 and had a GD of +17

Where the F did it all go so Pete tong

Simple - declining quality of -

a - managers

b - players

Pretty much this.

The football club was the most attractive its ever been in the summer of 2016. We lost our manager to a club that finished in the bottom half, failed to find suitable replacements for him, Mane, Pelle and Wanyama. A complete lack of ambition from this football club, but it's been dressed up as a sustainable business model.

Our prices are an absolute joke when you consider the home form. Newcastle, Everton and West Ham have all been a category A fixture. The cheapest ticket in St. Mary's is in the ****ing away end.

Pretty much this.

The football club was the most attractive its ever been in the summer of 2016. We lost our manager to a club that finished in the bottom half, failed to find suitable replacements for him, Mane, Pelle and Wanyama. A complete lack of ambition from this football club, but it's been dressed up as a sustainable business model.

Our prices are an absolute joke when you consider the home form. Newcastle, Everton and West Ham have all been a category A fixture. The cheapest ticket in St. Mary's is in the ****ing away end.

I had a post match pint with a few lads yesterday who were occassional attendees at St Mary's and they all said £40-60 a ticket for Newcastle (depending on where you sit) was too much for them to go.

Add in the dreaful home record over the past 4 years and the club has simply got its pricing strategy wrong.

We average 29,650 home attendance this season (in the league) and I would suggest that is 1500 down on where it should be in the premier league.

A combination of crap football, poor results and over-pricing.

Wouldnt be so bad if we could have drawn a few of those defeats and not had to suffer the enduring chavs next door forever celebrating at the final whistle, thats what really hurts, particularly after a totally undeserved loss like yesterday

Simple - declining quality of -

a - managers

b - players

Not sure, that may explain why we are rubbish but needs to be more specific why we're so shocking at HOME, poor sides usually pick up their points at home, we seem to have a huge tactical / psychological barrier playing at St Mary's, they need to get the witch back from 2001.

Not sure, that may explain why we are rubbish but needs to be more specific why we're so shocking at HOME, poor sides usually pick up their points at home, we seem to have a huge tactical / psychological barrier playing at St Mary's, they need to get the witch back from 2001.

This season we've been decent away. Won 42% of away league games.

But the seasons under Puel/Hughes/Pellegrino our away record was worse than our pathetic home record. And we won just 22% of our away games after Koeman left.

So the away form is really just this season

I go and watch us away now pretty much. We play better and my lad an I get value for money. The prices at home are scandalous - conversely I think Liverpool only charged a fiver or tenner for my lads ticket recently.

Oh.......and please don’t give me any of this ‘if you were a proper supporter’ because that’s hogwash. I’m an intelligent man that isn’t totally stupid enough to be brainwashed in to watching Saints serve up drivel every week with the expectation that I will blindly attend games.

Our ST sales will plummet next season as will our attendances when we start badly, which we invariably will.

What's possibly worst is that in 4 years we've probably had 5 decent, convincing wins at St Mary's.

This year - F**k all. Even against Villa we we're only 1 goal up until they sent their keeper up for an injury time corner.

4-1 vs Everton under MoPe

2-0 vs Fulham and 3-1 vs Wolves last year

3-1 vs Burnley and 3-0 vs Leicester under Puel

The rest has all been hanging on by the odd goal.

It’s like death by a thousand cuts at St Mary’s these days. To be honest I hate everything about home game except the pub with pals before and after. It’s a complete waste of time and the ‘experience’ is utterly appalling.

Only reason I have a ST is for away tickets.

It’s like death by a thousand cuts at St Mary’s these days. To be honest I hate everything about home game except the pub with pals before and after. It’s a complete waste of time and the ‘experience’ is utterly appalling.

Only reason I have a ST is for away tickets.

Pretty much my thoughts on it, don’t remember enjoying a home game for ages.

I am a very long standing Saints fan and have endured some pretty dire home performances in my time.

However I have to say the last few years have turned into a continuing routine of abysmal home performances where I leave at the end to the sound of rejoicing away fans ringing in my ears, often as a result of late goals at the Northam end.

I dont look forward the home games now but will be at SMS next season for another regular dose of disappointment.

However I can forsee lots of season ticket holders voting with their feet/credit cards and once lost I cant see many shelling out for the expensive match day experience.

It is not only the basic fan that will be missing but I understand those in the corporate area are getting peeved off with the increased cost of their tickets.

We used to sell out our 47 Boxes until quite recently but there seems to be only a handful of takers at the moment.

What's possibly worst is that in 4 years we've probably had 5 decent, convincing wins at St Mary's.

This year - F**k all. Even against Villa we we're only 1 goal up until they sent their keeper up for an injury time corner.

It has been fecking atrocious it really really has. Thought those FIVE straight games without goal at the end of Puel's season were about as bad as it could get but we've had 3 more seasons of complete cack since. Just awful.

I go and watch us away now pretty much. We play better and my lad an I get value for money. The prices at home are scandalous - conversely I think Liverpool only charged a fiver or tenner for my lads ticket recently.

Oh.......and please don’t give me any of this ‘if you were a proper supporter’ because that’s hogwash. I’m an intelligent man that isn’t totally stupid enough to be brainwashed in to watching Saints serve up drivel every week with the expectation that I will blindly attend games.

Our ST sales will plummet next season as will our attendances when we start badly, which we invariably will.

Excellent summary there...............too expensive for me and the wife to fork out nearly £70 for a home game ,in the rear hope we might actually win.... i dont look forward to much enthusiasum when were at home

we are simply hopeless and rely too much that we can hold out for a scrappy 1 nil

Totally agree. It's been a long, long time since I've sat at St Mary's confident that we were going to win. Days of winning games comfortably are long gone.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

St Marys has never been able to reproduce an atmosphere similar to that which we often had in the Dell. I must admit that twice I have been to Fratton Park this season and pangs of jealousy were felt as the atmosphere was so much more intense. Old and well past it's sell by date but certainly atmospherically far superior to our current home.

Poor managers buying poor players just magnifies the importance of having a good, loud crowd support.

this season our form is actually the worst it's ever been in terms of league position based on home games

2019/20 20

2018/19 14

2017/18 19

2016/17 17

by contrast

2015/16 6

2014/15 5

IN all of the last 4 seasons 4 teams had fewer home wins than us, WBA, Huddersfield, Middlesboro and Sunderland all of them were relegated. In all of those season we had fewer home wins than other teams that were relegated. It's spectacularly poor and worse this season than ever.

I think relegation is a certainty next year. We're not going to improve at home and you would think our away form will not replicate our purple patch this season.

Throw in the uncertainty around the club, the lack of signings and a manager that is a little bit overrated (by us), it's all a recipe for bottom of the league.

St Marys has never been able to reproduce an atmosphere similar to that which we often had in the Dell. I must admit that twice I have been to Fratton Park this season and pangs of jealousy were felt as the atmosphere was so much more intense. Old and well past it's sell by date but certainly atmospherically far superior to our current home.

Poor managers buying poor players just magnifies the importance of having a good, loud crowd support.

Appreciate your opinion on this but for me that’s simply not true. There’s have been games where St Mary’s has been absolutely rocking, louder than anything we managed at The Dell - Wolves in 03, Norwich in 05, Sheff Utd in 08, Coventry in 2012 to name a few, not to mention the games against Pompey. The fact is the poor form of the last 4 years; and general apathy and feeling of like turning up is a chore is what has created the less than intimidating atmosphere at home of late, not to mention the general day tripper Premier League experience the club are trying to create.

You could spin this the other way...…..

Considering the transfer business we have conducted and the managerial appointments we have made since the end of 2015/16 it is somewhat surprising that it looks like we will, in the final analysis, be in the PL for 2020-21 fairly comfortably.

There's another two years for the majority of the really bad transfer business/contract renewals to wash through so whoever is in charge has a hell of a job on their hands...

Appreciate your opinion on this but for me that’s simply not true. There’s have been games where St Mary’s has been absolutely rocking, louder than anything we managed at The Dell - Wolves in 03, Norwich in 05, Sheff Utd in 08, Coventry in 2012 to name a few, not to mention the games against Pompey. The fact is the poor form of the last 4 years; and general apathy and feeling of like turning up is a chore is what has created the less than intimidating atmosphere at home of late, not to mention the general day tripper Premier League experience the club are trying to create.

Completely agree with this, it's a myth that SMS has never had a good atmosphere. I've been a ST holder since leaving The Dell and there have been plenty of games where SMS has been rocking, sadly they have been few and far between in recent years. The feeling of apathy at home games these days is very tangible which is sad. Saturday was a lot better though, I can only hope that continues.

Simply the buzz has gone from football. It's not just Saints, the average Premier League match is absolute dross and unwatchable, too few goals and far too much physicality. Talented ball players are kicked out of games by thuggish bullies whilst fans have to endure endless speculative long balls into the box that achieve very little other than the recruitment of 7 foot beanpoles with no talent other than heading the ball back again for the process to be repeated.

Now we are told by our coach with a straight face that really skilled ball players whom we will pay to watch like Boufal and Djenepo cannot get regular starts because of their deficiencies "off the ball"!

So football is reduced to what players must do "off the ball". On-the-ball skills are wasted with manager/coach who is so single minded in his own beliefs that he fail to see the obvious. In some worlds this might be staled as "having lost the plot".

In our best seasons we played attractive possession football with skilful players who weren't expected to run 100m in 8 seconds and chase back like headless chickens every time the ball went into our half. Somehow this old fashioned deficient system managed to win us more matches than we lost, resulted in many 3 or 4 goal wins and lots of clean sheets and had fans queuing at the turnstiles to get in. Happy days indeed.

Simply the buzz has gone from football. It's not just Saints, the average Premier League match is absolute dross and unwatchable, too few goals and far too much physicality. Talented ball players are kicked out of games by thuggish bullies whilst fans have to endure endless speculative long balls into the box that achieve very little other than the recruitment of 7 foot beanpoles with no talent other than heading the ball back again for the process to be repeated.

Now we are told by our coach with a straight face that really skilled ball players whom we will pay to watch like Boufal and Djenepo cannot get regular starts because of their deficiencies "off the ball"!

So football is reduced to what players must do "off the ball". On-the-ball skills are wasted with manager/coach who is so single minded in his own beliefs that he fail to see the obvious. In some worlds this might be staled as "having lost the plot".

In our best seasons we played attractive possession football with skilful players who weren't expected to run 100m in 8 seconds and chase back like headless chickens every time the ball went into our half. Somehow this old fashioned deficient system managed to win us more matches than we lost, resulted in many 3 or 4 goal wins and lots of clean sheets and had fans queuing at the turnstiles to get in. Happy days indeed.

Le God :-)

I think relegation is a certainty next year. We're not going to improve at home and you would think our away form will not replicate our purple patch this season.

Throw in the uncertainty around the club, the lack of signings and a manager that is a little bit overrated (by us), it's all a recipe for bottom of the league.

Always look on the bright side, eh :)

Does make you think how the hell have we not been relegated over the last few seasons. We’re certainly on borrowed time in this league.

I think that goes without saying really. If you look at many of the so call established clubs that go down from this league, they tend to do it in 'installments'. In that they survive a couple of dodgy seasons, but eventually they end up being relegated. Villa spring to mind when they went - but many have gone this way, we are currently on a very dodgy path.

Fair play to anyone that's been to all home league games last 4 seasons.

Can't think that that's more than 1-2 people?

We have approx 20k ST holders (I’m guessing) and most of them will attend even if only to get their money’s worth !

Mugs like me pay for 19 games and only ever get to about 13/14 max (spend part of the winter in sunny climes)!

So a lot more than 1 or 2 in reality !!

What's happened....

This season and the 3 previous it has cost me £36.85 per point. In the 2 seasons prior to that (the Koeman years), it was £20.20 per point.

In 14/15 & 15/16 we lost a total of 9 games in those 2 seasons at home.

We have approx 20k ST holders (I’m guessing) and most of them will attend even if only to get their money’s worth !

Mugs like me pay for 19 games and only ever get to about 13/14 max (spend part of the winter in sunny climes)!

So a lot more than 1 or 2 in reality !!

even if you have a season ticket and have done for past 4 seasons - very little chance you’ve been to every game in those 4 years

and if you have you’re probably a tad mental or genuinely have absolutely nothing else in life that you even partially enjoy

even if you have a season ticket and have done for past 4 seasons - very little chance you’ve been to every game in those 4 years

and if you have you’re probably a tad mental or genuinely have absolutely nothing else in life that you even partially enjoy

yeah... it is much better to be a sad, weird troll with multiple log ins who sits on the internet each match day pretending to be a fan and pretending to be an expert gambler.

I think that goes without saying really. If you look at many of the so call established clubs that go down from this league, they tend to do it in 'installments'. In that they survive a couple of dodgy seasons, but eventually they end up being relegated. Villa spring to mind when they went - but many have gone this way, we are currently on a very dodgy path.

Only Everton and the usual top six have been up longer than us. Us or West Ham who came up with us are statistically well due for the drop.

Only Everton and the usual top six have been up longer than us. Us or West Ham who came up with us are statistically well due for the drop.

I don't believe that Everton have ever been relegated along with Arsenal

All other clubs have been relegated I doubt we will go down this season but of course we may do so

whats happened?

we have continued with our sustainable business model. More to come in the summer I feel by moving on some more players (high earners)...

Smallbone > Hoj

Slattery > JwP

Sims > Redmond

If Goa can't sell the club quickly, asset stripping is a possible consequence

Nothing has gone wrong,the club's ambition is to enjoy the income the being a member of the Premier league whilst investing as little as they can on entertaining,quality players. SFC fulfil their obligation to stage a set number of matches,the performance and result are incidental.

Unfortunately the club finds itself on borrowed time to sort out the horrendous mid-management of the previous 4 seasons. No one can say it’s under investment, because we’ve spent on players, but they’ve been significantly poor purchases and/or badly managed.

Likewise, managerial appointments have been utterly dismal...only Ralph has shown signs of knowing how to get the stadium excited, but he’s been handed a sub-Prem squad.

Then there’s the issue with allowing a large contingent of away supporters take over the stand that houses our most vocal of supporters...I mean you couldn’t make that one up! But the simple fact is the club must be financially on its arse to allow this to happen.

Lastly, the Premiership might as well be renamed the Sky league. I am sick to the back teeth with not being able to plan my life without missing games due to re-scheduled games. I’ve missed three home games this season now or £200 roughly...and it’s getting to the point where I can not justify losing this much money. Even if I managed to go to all home games, there is little enjoyment when there’s little hope of winning a game. I may as well pay for a streaming service and watch from the comfort of home.

Don't get me wrong, I love the atmosphere of a live game played by my home team, but for the reasons above this is fast being eroded to a point where I am seriously thinking of not renewing and I had to wait 30 years to get the seat I now occupy. Oh for the days of our rise from league one to the Prem...what a team we were then with Lambert leading the line. *sigh*