Budget 2020

Weston Super Saint

Those damned Tories, looking after themselves etc

According to HMT’s own distributional analysis, in terms of changes in tax and welfare benefits, the budget is actually regressive, so it’s tilted to richer households. But I’m sure you knew that already.

Edited by shurlock

When did Ed Milliband become chancellor?

Labour didn’t cause the economic crash, but their management of the economy in the run up to it left us ill prepared to deal with it properly. Exactly the same is happening here & god help us if something goes tits up again. It’s inter generational theft yet again, pinkos love loading debt on future generations. They’ve bet the farm on maintaining the confidence of the bond markets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Labour didn’t cause the economic crash, but their management of the economy in the run up to it left us ill prepared to deal with it properly. Exactly the same is happening here & god help us if something goes tits up again. It’s inter generational theft yet again, pinkos love loading debt on future generations. They’ve bet the farm on maintaining the confidence of the bond markets.

I’ll give to you: at least, you’re intellectually consistent. Not something that can be said about many Conservative supporters lapping up the budget.

Do we need to drain the swamp again?

So 10 years of austerity because we couldn’t borrow? Also what happened to all of the money we were “saving” by leaving the EU? It doesn’t appear to be the amount Johnson told us and it doesn’t appear to be going to the NHS?

Here's where some of it is going;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51783580

"ADS has estimated that it would take 10 years and cost up to £40m annually to create a UK safety authority with all the expertise of EASA, against a current contribution to the European agency of £1m to £4m a year."