The 'Lockdown' Saints Quiz

Colinjb

Seeing as a) I got most and b) it’s been a while I’ll post the next one. Very simple to be honest.

As well as donating our coins down the road, we also sent a few of our players ... which two ex saints were first team players bompey the year they got promoted to the old second division for the first time.

I trained with England despite being relegated with my club in the same season, a second call up was received but I never made it off the bench. I am Midlands born and bred and Southampton was my last professional club, where I scored one goal against Middlesborough.

Who am I?

I don't get any right but I've got a good question, who is missing from this list?

Grimsby

Sheff Weds

Gillingham

Crystal Palace

Dundee

Doncaster

Man Utd

Chelsea

Blackpool

Not sure that anyone is missing. It's a list of the previous clubs of the 76 cup winning side, including substitute Hugh Fisher. Nick Holmes, Mick Channon and Bobby Stokes came through the youth system, although Stokes had previously been a youth player with Pompey. But he never played for the first team until after he let Saints

Not sure that anyone is missing. It's a list of the previous clubs of the 76 cup winning side, including substitute Hugh Fisher. Nick Holmes, Mick Channon and Bobby Stokes came through the youth system, although Stokes had previously been a youth player with Pompey. But he never played for the first team until after he let Saints

Good work, it is the 'previous clubs' of the '76 cup winning side in player order, missing from the list were Holmes/Channon/Stokes, none of whom has a previous club.

01-02, 1

02-03, 2

03-04, 0

04-05, 2

I scored the above number of goals against Saints in the mentioned seasons for two different clubs. I have 46 international caps and 10 international goals but not for the country of my birth.

Who am I? (Always remember this guy being a real pain in the ar*e, particularly for one specific away defeat.)

Edited by Colinjb

01-02, 1

02-03, 1

03-04, 0

04-05, 2

I scored the above number of goals against Saints in the mentioned seasons for two different clubs. I have 46 international caps and 10 international goals but not for the country of my birth.

Who am I? (Always remember this guy being a real pain in the ar*e, particularly for one specific away defeat.)

Didn't he score 2 against us in 02/03, especially if that's the away game you are referring to?

Great scenes on the terrace when Barnard scored against Yeovil. Caulker was playing for them that day too.

If we were having a worst performance by a Saints centre back to go along with the striker thread then his "performance" in the 6-1 cup loss to Liverpool will be right up there alongside Alan Bennett Vs Palace.

Great scenes on the terrace when Barnard scored against Yeovil. Caulker was playing for them that day too.

If we were having a worst performance by a Saints centre back to go along with the striker thread then his "performance" in the 6-1 cup loss to Liverpool will be right up there alongside Alan Bennett Vs Palace.

And to think a few months later Liverpool signed him