The 'Lockdown' Saints Quiz

Colinjb

Well. I'll end the torment and pose an alternative ( the answer btw was Gardos).

Which Saints player (i.e. at Southampton at the time) was the last to score a World Cup (in the finals, not qualifiers) goal which was decisive in determining the outcome of that match?

(This is a question I don't know the answer to....).

Just out of interest who is the last Saints player to score in a world cup finals full stop, then (ie a "non-decisive" goal in your terms).

Thanks.

This must be answer to both questions because he scored the only goal in a 1-0 win so I'd call that decisive.

True - although I believe the game was a dead rubber as Japan would qualify anyway, thats the way I read the initial question. Anders goal effectively put the Argies out.

We all know how Saints have the unfortunate habit of dropping points from a leading position but under Ralph Hassenhuttl how many times have Saints been behind but recovered to take points? And can you name the matches - both wins and draws?

This season.

1-1 v Man Utd

2-1 v Watford

1-2 v Leicester

1-1 v Palace

Last Season

1-1 v Palace

2-1 v Spurs

I am an ex-Saint with over 100 national caps. I have played in the Premier League, Austrian and Norweigan top flights. I represented my country at Euro 2004 and played in the UEFA Cup against Middlesbrough.

Who am I?

I am an ex-Saint with over 100 national caps. I have played in the Premier League, Austrian and Norweigan top flights. I represented my country at Euro 2004 and played in the UEFA Cup against Middlesbrough.

Who am I?

Imants Bledilis

When asked in a press conference about a player being reported as not being happy about his role at the club the managers response was “he should play better and be fitter then”

Who was the manager and which player was he talking about?

When asked in a press conference about a player being reported as not being happy about his role at the club the managers response was “he should play better and be fitter then”

Who was the manager and which player was he talking about?

Was it Strachan about Delgado??