The 'Lockdown' Saints Quiz

Colinjb

Ken Monkou.

Total guess.

Yes.

He signed for Chelsea in May 1989, and opted to miss a tour with a team of Dutch Surinamese players, whose plane crashed on 7th June killing 176 people, including all but 3 of the football squad.

Edited by badgerx16

Who did our reserves beat to win to win the Combination Cup Final in 1969 and who went home with the match ball?

So what was the answer to the second part, who went home with the match ball? This usually means someone scored a hat trick, but no one scored more than one in the final, Channon, Sydenham and Thompson, and Bobby Stokes didn't play, though he scored a hat trick against Swindon in an early round.

So what was the answer to the second part, who went home with the match ball? This usually means someone scored a hat trick, but no one scored more than one in the final, Channon, Sydenham and Thompson, and Bobby Stokes didn't play, though he scored a hat trick against Swindon in an early round.

Yours truly. 10 years old and stood with my dad on the Archers.

As the team were being presented with the Cup in the directors box, an impromptu game was taking place on the pitch with fans who had run on at the final whistle. Someone shot and hit the bar and I caught it. The old man said "Run for it" and so it was taken back and used over the BTC ground for the next few months.

It died a death the following winter, when we had to play on the hard tennis courts instead of the pitches. Had I realised it could have been "memorabilia" in later years, I wouldn't have binned it.

Yours truly. 10 years old and stood with my dad on the Archers.

As the team were being presented with the Cup in the directors box, an impromptu game was taking place on the pitch with fans who had run on at the final whistle. Someone shot and hit the bar and I caught it. The old man said "Run for it" and so it was taken back and used over the BTC ground for the next few months.

It died a death the following winter, when we had to play on the hard tennis courts instead of the pitches. Had I realised it could have been "memorabilia" in later years, I wouldn't have binned it.

Excellent, thanks for clarifying. Pity you didn't keep the ball, imagine a memento of the 1969 Combination Cup Final, Fiona Bruce would have wet herself on Antiques Roadshow ?

I'll resurrect this.

Since 1966 we were involved in 2 cup ties that went to a 2nd replay at a neutral ground. Oppo and venue?

Im sure we ended up playing QPR in the mid 80's and it went to a second reply, cant remember if the second reply was played at a neutral ground though.

Im sure we ended up playing QPR in the mid 80's and it went to a second reply, cant remember if the second reply was played at a neutral ground though.

No, we lost the toss and it was played at Loftus Road. May have been the match in which Williams and Mark Wright had a bust up with Lawrie.

You could set the 2nd half of the question, but go on be a devil.

In the epic 76/77 season Saints played 57 ( I think !) games, and had to use 5 goalkeepers, 2 of whom we had on loan.

Name the 5 keepers used . ( TBF I knew we had used 5 , but could only remember 4 , had to look up the last one).

In the epic 76/77 season Saints played 57 ( I think !) games, and had to use 5 goalkeepers, 2 of whom we had on loan.

Name the 5 keepers used . ( TBF I knew we had used 5 , but could only remember 4 , had to look up the last one).

Turner. Middleton. Montgomery (loan). Boulton (loan). Wells.

Can we have some questions us fans under 45 have got a chance of getting.

In the League 1 ( -10 ) season, 2009/10, on what date did Saints lift themselves out of the relegation places, who did we play against, and how many points did we have ?

( Sorry LetsB, beat me to the draw )

In the League 1 ( -10 ) season, 2009/10, on what date did Saints lift themselves out of the relegation places, who did we play against, and how many points did we have ?

( Sorry LetsB, beat me to the draw )

We started the season pretty badly, I remember one horrible game away to Swindon with Olly Lancashire in the team.

We stuffed Gillingham 4-0 or something. Was it that game?

We started the season pretty badly, I remember one horrible game away to Swindon with Olly Lancashire in the team.

No, we beat Gillingham 4-1 to move to a positive points total, but still in 24th place after 11 games.

That Swindon game was horrendous, the entire away end chanting “make a sub” at Pardew, thought we might go down again at that point.

I remember the Gillingham game but that was quite early, I don’t think we got out of the relegation zone until late November early December which would mean around the time we won’t away at hartlepool then best wycombe at home in a terrible game.

That Swindon game was horrendous, the entire away end chanting “make a sub” at Pardew, thought we might go down again at that point.

I remember the Gillingham game but that was quite early, I don’t think we got out of the relegation zone until late November early December which would mean around the time we won’t away at hartlepool then best wycombe at home in a terrible game.

So, your answer is ...?

Just looked up the fixtures for that season. See we went to Walsall after Wycombe and won 3-1. I remember Connolly being quality in that game.

Some real random results that season as we started assembling a decent team. The 1-1 at Millwall when both goals were in injury time. The draw at Exeter when they had to walk loads of our lads around the ground because they were in the home ends and then ended up cordoning off a section of their stand because we had so many in it.

The terrible 0-0 at Wycombe which was a midweek snoozefest before we put 5 past both Walsall and Huddersfield at home.

I Going to say wycombe because I was there and vaguely remember it meaning something at the time.

Correct;

1st December 2009, we beat Wycombe Wanderers 1:0 ( goal scored by SRL ) to move up to 20th position with +19 points ( allowing for the -10 )

Without the penalty we would have been 9th.

Just looked up the fixtures for that season. See we went to Walsall after Wycombe and won 3-1. I remember Connolly being quality in that game.

Some real random results that season as we started assembling a decent team. The 1-1 at Millwall when both goals were in injury time. The draw at Exeter when they had to walk loads of our lads around the ground because they were in the home ends and then ended up cordoning off a section of their stand because we had so many in it.

The terrible 0-0 at Wycombe which was a midweek snoozefest before we put 5 past both Walsall and Huddersfield at home.

Connolly was class that season. We had some games when we were so much better than the opposition it was ridiculous, then like you say the dreadful games like wycombe away. I think that was the season we lost 1-0 at home to Swindon with Austin scoring the winner the old ham 0-0 game where we battered them and couldn’t score, think we missed the play offs that night. Also winning away at Norwich when they were well clear at the top which was the game before our 0-0 at wycombe and 5 goal wins v Walsall and Huddersfield

Only 1 win in the first 10 league fixtures, then 8 wins and 2 draws in the next 11.

Correct;

1st December 2009, we beat Wycombe Wanderers 1:0 ( goal scored by SRL ) to move up to 20th position with +19 points ( allowing for the -10 )

Without the penalty we would have been 9th.

Boom!

So, how many times have saints won a competitive game in a plastic pitch, v whom and scores?