The 'Lockdown' Saints Quiz

Colinjb

3 , JWP got one and Hoedt 2 maybe !

JWP got the latest one, but Hoedt has only ever scored a PL OG away from home, ( at Anfield and the Etihad for certain ). Mind you, centre backs whose surnames begin with 'H' do figure strongly, as alluded to in post #571 above.

Edited by badgerx16

As this question seems to have stalled the thread, or you have all simply lost interest, I think this installment needs to be closed.

The answer I have, and there is no need for pedantic correction if I have missed something, is 8 own goals conceded in the Premier League at St Mary's. The latest being JWP vs Man City on Dec 30th 2018, and the preceding 6 being

Jakobson vs Skates Nov 13th 2004

Higginbotham vs Middlesborough Dec 11th 2004

Higginbotham vs Norwich Apr 30th 2004

Hooiveld vs Fulham Oct 7th 2012

Guly vs Arsenal Jan 1st 2013

Hooiveld vs Spurs Dec 22nd 2013

But who scored the first, and against which opponents ?

As this question seems to have stalled the thread, or you have all simply lost interest, I think this installment needs to be closed.

The answer I have, and there is no need for pedantic correction if I have missed something, is 8 own goals conceded in the Premier League at St Mary's. The latest being JWP vs Man City on Dec 30th 2018, and the preceding 6 being

Jakobson vs Skates Nov 13th 2004

Higginbotham vs Middlesborough Dec 11th 2004

Higginbotham vs Norwich Apr 30th 2004

Hooiveld vs Fulham Oct 7th 2012

Guly vs Arsenal Jan 1st 2013

Hooiveld vs Spurs Dec 22nd 2013

But who scored the first, and against which opponents ?

Prutton v Newcastle 2004

I'd spent the previous season arguing with my QPR supporting housemate over who had England's next great striker, Shearer or Ferdinand. Now we had replaced Shearer with Dixon and Speedie and then Ferdinand claimed two goals to beat us. Being a Saints fan always finds a way to become crap just when things are looking good.

First PL defeat, first PL goal scored, first PL goal conceded, first PL red card, first PL goal for MLT, first PL game where Saints took the lead, first PL game where Saints threw away a lead.

Would also have accepted

1st premiership appearances for Iain Dowie & Jeff Kenna

1st substitutes