Worst performance by a Southampton striker

beavis17

Sadio Mane away at Sheffield United in the EFL Cup a few years ago. He was putting in absolutely no effort in a quarter final. Only time I've actually ever booed one of our own players off when he got subbed.

Mane away at Sheffield United in the league cup seems to have slipped under the radar

This. Remember he laid on the floor when their defender had the ball right next to their post on the goal line. All he needed to do was press him and he was in big trouble. Mane stayed on the floor because he lost the ball.

Does David Lee count as a striker, more a winger I suppose but bloody crap all the same

think i'd tried to blank him out of my memory, he was so bad. He had one move which was to run as fast as he could straight at the opposition full back, absolutely joke of a signing.

think i'd tried to blank him out of my memory, he was so bad. He had one move which was to run as fast as he could straight at the opposition full back, absolutely joke of a signing.

Agree Lee was bad and another terrible Branfoot signing. Was better than Frankie Bennett though - 'the flying waiter', at least Lee went on to have a career as a league footballer.

Agree Lee was bad and another terrible Branfoot signing. Was better than Frankie Bennett though - 'the flying waiter', at least Lee went on to have a career as a league footballer.

They were both so bad they made Neil Heaney look like Ryan Giggs.

Ricardo Fuller was the ultimate barn doors and banjoes merchant, but nothing infuriated me more than the casual way McGoldrick used to confidently stroke penalties wide of the goal.

However, after his return from loan at Ipswich Fuller scored six goals in six games which helped kept us out of relegation trouble at the end of the 2005/6 season and he went on to help Stoke get promoted and stay up.