Watford Refunds

Noodles34

I have not seen anything and considering we are definitely not going to see this game, even if it has been played, why are the club not issuing refunds?

Same for Norwich, don't think the Everton tickets were on sale were they?

Obviously people cannot visit the box office but they could do a card refund online or over the phone and those left would have to sort at a later date.

Can I get a refund for matches already postponed?Following the most recent Premier League statement (Thursday 19th March) we are currently waiting for confirmation on the revised Premier League schedule for the 2019/20 season. Any tickets purchased remain valid for rescheduled fixtures.

Supporters who have purchased match tickets will be able to apply for refunds once new dates are confirmed for currently postponed fixtures.

We will provide updates on when fixtures will be played as soon as we have that information to share. At the present time, ticket sales follow our terms and conditions:

If a Match is rescheduled, refunds can only be processed if written notice of the cancellation is received within 5 days of the rescheduled fixture date being published. In the event that Tickets have already been issued, they must also be returned within 5 days of the rescheduled date being published. As soon as we have further information we shall update via the website and emails to those who have purchased.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-03-18/southampton-football-club-covid-19-coronavirus-faqs

Come on, we, as fans are not seeing any games this season. I forgot that i also have 'prawn sandwich' tickets for the Brighton game, around £600 worth, it's not happening and to say that we will issue refunds once a match has been rescheduled is ridiculous.

I can understand the complexity of ST's and happy enough to await those details in respect of a possible credit against next season, which would be fine in my circumstances and happy to support the club in waiting for that, but individual tickets for games this season need to have a refund policy now. Some people are really being financially crippled by this but our club has not reduced player wages and are not offering refunds for events that are simply not going to happen (with paying fans in attendance anyway).

Come on, we, as fans are not seeing any games this season. I forgot that i also have 'prawn sandwich' tickets for the Brighton game, around £600 worth, it's not happening and to say that we will issue refunds once a match has been rescheduled is ridiculous.

I can understand the complexity of ST's and happy enough to await those details in respect of a possible credit against next season, which would be fine in my circumstances and happy to support the club in waiting for that, but individual tickets for games this season need to have a refund policy now. Some people are really being financially crippled by this but our club has not reduced player wages and are not offering refunds for events that are simply not going to happen (with paying fans in attendance anyway).

Logistically it’s probably easier to issue refunds in one lump sum once the season is back up & running. Furloughed staff can’t do any work, so who is going to process the requests for refunds on an individual basis. Norwich & Watford will probably need to be involved as well, as I would have thought we’ve paid them already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Logistically it’s probably easier to issue refunds in one lump sum once the season is back up & running. Furloughed staff can’t do any work, so who is going to process the requests for refunds on an individual basis. Norwich & Watford will probably need to be involved as well, as I would have thought we’ve paid them already.

Not all staff are furloughed, the payroll for example are still managing to pay JWP's 70k per week.

I emailed the club as I had purchased some hospitality for the Brighton game. £1400 I have paid for something that obviously i am not going to get back.

No response at all.

Do you think JWP is having trouble getting his wages?

At the very least, an email back saying that the refund will be processed in due course, but no. The club is keeping hold of money that really isn't theirs anymore.

It's pretty poor really.

Not all staff are furloughed, the payroll for example are still managing to pay JWP's 70k per week.

I emailed the club as I had purchased some hospitality for the Brighton game. £1400 I have paid for something that obviously i am not going to get back.

No response at all.

Do you think JWP is having trouble getting his wages?

At the very least, an email back saying that the refund will be processed in due course, but no. The club is keeping hold of money that really isn't theirs anymore.

It's pretty poor really.

If they didn’t pay the players or cut their wages unilaterally the players are entitled to a free transfer. That’s the rules I’m afraid, nothing to do with your refund.

If you feel you have a case, go to your credit or debit card company & ask for a charge back. If your complaint is legitimate they’ll do so & you’ll get your money back. I did so over a Ryanair flight, the credit card provider told me the measure used is “reasonable”. Was it reasonable that Ryan air unilaterally issued me a voucher & then said I could have a cash refund if that voucher wasn’t used in a year. The CC people, didn’t think that reasonable so got my money back for me . The club will say a refund will be forthcoming once the games rearranged and either, you can’t make it, or it’s behind closed doors. I suspect the card company will deem that reasonable.

It's all about cash management for everybody now eh. I'm still waiting for a big refund from BA (been 4 weeks, they said 4-6 when I rang them but fully expecting to have to ring again in a fortnight), another one from easyjet and have 2 unpaid invoices from February to a travel business. The club will wait as long as possible to refund I'm afraid :-(

It's all about cash management for everybody now eh. I'm still waiting for a big refund from BA (been 4 weeks, they said 4-6 when I rang them but fully expecting to have to ring again in a fortnight), another one from easyjet and have 2 unpaid invoices from February to a travel business. The club will wait as long as possible to refund I'm afraid :-(

i get what you are saying and in the case of the travel industry, it is completely understandable. They have so much to do with.

But a football club? I can understand the season ticket situation and happy to wait on that but match tickets for Watford and Norwich as well as individual hospitality purchases really should be looked at.

If they didn’t pay the players or cut their wages unilaterally the players are entitled to a free transfer. That’s the rules I’m afraid, nothing to do with your refund.

If you feel you have a case, go to your credit or debit card company & ask for a charge back. If your complaint is legitimate they’ll do so & you’ll get your money back. I did so over a Ryanair flight, the credit card provider told me the measure used is “reasonable”. Was it reasonable that Ryan air unilaterally issued me a voucher & then said I could have a cash refund if that voucher wasn’t used in a year. The CC people, didn’t think that reasonable so got my money back for me . The club will say a refund will be forthcoming once the games rearranged and either, you can’t make it, or it’s behind closed doors. I suspect the card company will deem that reasonable.

really didn’t want to go down the credit card chargeback section 75 process. Listen, even an acknowledgement would have been something.

I presume you are not serious about rearranged games?

really didn’t want to go down the credit card chargeback section 75 process. Listen, even an acknowledgement would have been something.

I presume you are not serious about rearranged games?

Charge back & section 75 are actually 2 different things (I didn’t realise this until my case recently). Charge back is when the card company tries to get your money back voluntarily, section 75 is when they’re jointly reasonable for the charge. Nationwide told me they’d try charge back first, and if unsuccessful I could then process a section 75 claim. Basically, they got Ryan air to voluntarily give me the money back onto my card . Had Ryan air refused, I would have gone down the section 75 route & Nationwide would then have paid me back, before going after Ryanair for reimbursement. I presume the admin costs of refunding nationwide under section 75 were more than voluntarily doing so, so coughed up.

Can anyone find the current Season Ticket t’s and c’s anywhere? The link on the website doesn’t work, probably a coincidence. I ask as some clubs apparently have it written into theirs that no refund is due even in the case of behind closed door matches.

Can anyone find the current Season Ticket t’s and c’s anywhere? The link on the website doesn’t work, probably a coincidence. I ask as some clubs apparently have it written into theirs that no refund is due even in the case of behind closed door matches.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/tickets/season-ticket-terms-and-conditions

c. In the extremely unlikely event that the Match is cancelled and not subsequently re-arranged, the Ticket Holder will be entitled to a refund (not exceeding the price of the Ticket).

It is pretty **** poor from the club. They have the time to communicate with the PL on Project Restart but not with fans that have shelled out money on something they are clearly not getting.

They're probably dragging their feet because they don't have enough money. Nothing coming in, plenty going out that they can't avoid.

a reply:

Hello ****,

Hope you are well and keeping safe.

Apologies for the delay, I hope you can understand given the exceptional circumstances.

We’re hoping to have clarification from the Premier League in the coming days regarding the fixtures, as regrettably we’ve still not had confirmation on the next steps.

I have, however, forwarded your email to my manager and he will be in touch as soon as he can to see if we can action something sooner for you.

Kind regards

A reply at the very least, which is something but really, still do not get what they are waiting on from The PL, we aint going to these games, if they play them or not. If they cannot afford to offer refunds as Window Cleaner has suggested then they should be telling us that, though I do not think that is the case at all.

a reply:

Hello ****,

Hope you are well and keeping safe.

Apologies for the delay, I hope you can understand given the exceptional circumstances.

We’re hoping to have clarification from the Premier League in the coming days regarding the fixtures, as regrettably we’ve still not had confirmation on the next steps.

I have, however, forwarded your email to my manager and he will be in touch as soon as he can to see if we can action something sooner for you.

Kind regards

A reply at the very least, which is something but really, still do not get what they are waiting on from The PL, we aint going to these games, if they play them or not. If they cannot afford to offer refunds as Window Cleaner has suggested then they should be telling us that, though I do not think that is the case at all.

Bit off that they called you a ****.

interesting as the ticket office have just called me.

They have refunded my hospitality Brighton tickets.

I mentioned the Watford tickets and they said that as the PL have not officially declared the rest of the season behind closed door, the refunds are all still pending. We have not had refunds from Watford or Norwich, they are awaiting official confirmation. Once that happens, then SFC will get the away refunds and then process our refunds. A bit pedantic (from the PL) but acceptable and least the club are now communicating!

interesting as the ticket office have just called me.

They have refunded my hospitality Brighton tickets.

I mentioned the Watford tickets and they said that as the PL have not officially declared the rest of the season behind closed door, the refunds are all still pending. We have not had refunds from Watford or Norwich, they are awaiting official confirmation. Once that happens, then SFC will get the away refunds and then process our refunds. A bit pedantic (from the PL) but acceptable and least the club are now communicating!

I have a Norwich away ticket sitting on my desk but there’s no point in chasing that up yet.

The situation regarding my two season tickets is more significant with over three hundred pounds’ worth of value left on them.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

I have a Norwich away ticket sting on my desk but there’s no point in chasing that up yet.

The situation regarding my two season tickets is more significant with over three hundred pounds’ worth of value left on them.

And with about 20,000 cases like that the club will have to refund about 4 or 5 million £. Guess they're hoping that everyone renews and takes "store credit" for next season. Throw on the other matchday non-earnings and I suppose they're about 10-12 million short.

They’ll try and offset that against the next one you buy. TUI are offering a voucher to the value of holiday plus 20% on top, makes sense for us to do something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ll try and offset that against the next one you buy. TUI are offering a voucher to the value of holiday plus 20% on top, makes sense for us to do something similar.

I'd bet we won't be offering an extra 20% though.

Imaine agreeing to one of those vouchers and then hearing the news today the TUI are in major trouble.

Would make commercial sense to offer people an incentive against next seasons ticket, however with the doubt about whether we’ll be able to attend, whether it’s safe, and how **** the last 3 seasons have been I can’t see many takers.

That’s what I would expect but their pricing is going to be tricky and it’s anybody’s guess as to when next season’s tickets will go on sale.

Imaine agreeing to one of those vouchers and then hearing the news today the TUI are in major trouble.

Would make commercial sense to offer people an incentive against next seasons ticket, however with the doubt about whether we’ll be able to attend, whether it’s safe, and how **** the last 3 seasons have been I can’t see many takers.

They’re different than normal vouchers & are ABTA protected.

From the ABTA website; “A Refund Credit Note entitles you to rebook a holiday at a future date or receive a cash refund at a later date, up until the expiry date of the note. It also retains the financial protection that you had with your original booking.”

The Premier league could do something similar and guarantee a refund if we go belly up.

They’re different than normal vouchers & are ABTA protected.

From the ABTA website; “A Refund Credit Note entitles you to rebook a holiday at a future date or receive a cash refund at a later date, up until the expiry date of the note. It also retains the financial protection that you had with your original booking.”

The Premier league could do something similar and guarantee a refund if we go belly up.

Martin Lewsis says that's not been tested in court and you could easily just find yourself as a creditor, at the back of the queue, if the holiday firm goes bust.

And with about 20,000 cases like that the club will have to refund about 4 or 5 million £. Guess they're hoping that everyone renews and takes "store credit" for next season. Throw on the other matchday non-earnings and I suppose they're about 10-12 million short.

You can double that figure as they would have had by now the season ticket renewal money.

I’d expect they’ll want to offset the refund amount against the next ST whether that’s next season or the year after.

No good to me , expecting a baby in August so will be tightening my belt again for a couple of years .

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, John D said:

I had a credit showing against my account for my season ticket a couple of days ago but it has now disappeared

yes it has gone on mine too now, I think they said there would be some sort of announcement this week so it must be in the pipeline