New ex-Saints players website

Fitzhugh Fella

On Fabrice Fernandes: :lol:

James Beattie reckoned he had the best left-foot than anyone else he played with but also thought “Fab was an enigma, I remember Strachan really shouting at him because he kept beating his man and he’s be in the perfect position to cross, but then he’s go back and chop him again”!

Decent website that - well done. I’d probably scrap the ‘AKA’ thing for players that don’t need it, just seems a bit silly.

look forward to spending some time reading through it during lockdown

Thanks for the feedback - the aka was done for a reason. I wanted each profile to have the ability to cross reference players named so readers can click on the name mentioned and be taken straight to that person's profile. So I had to ensure when writing the profiles when I referred to another player it had to be constant ie the aka name. Mick Channon had to be Mick not Mike or Matt Le Tissier couldn't be Matthew Le Tissier. The aka bit makes this happen.

How about adding the best/favourite song about them eg "same old Beattie, always scoring!" ? (if they had one of course)

They don't make them like this any more:

His name is Ron Davies, he's the leader of the team: the greatest centre forward that the world has ever seen. You always can rely on him to score the vital goal and as for Tony Hateley, you can stick him up your hole....Da Da Davies, Da Da Davies, he's the greatest centre forward in the land.

Thanks for all the feedback and for pointing out typos etc.

I forgot to say if viewing on a PC it's worth clicking on the photos as they enlarge and light up

Dear Mr. Fella,

Please be informed that John Burridge's profile states that Al Ain is in Dubai. Al Ain is a city in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and is not, I am afraid to say, in Dubai. A green town, it sits at the foothills of the Hajar mountains, which straddle the eastern UAE border with Oman.

Sincerely, benjii

Weren’t he and Graham Potter our marquee signings one summer?! :lol:

Forecast and Pulis signed in our 2008-2009 relegation season. It was fairly clear they were useless from the outset and it was at the time suggested that their presence was partly due to other factors. We were looking for a new manager and it was suggested that the Pulis deal involved his father joining, although not quite sure how much logic there was to that as Stoke had just won promotion.

At least Paul Wotton turned out to be relatively useful, not to mention Schneiderlin who was widely acknowledged to be too good for us at the time - supposedly we had some sort of secret loan arrangement with Arsenal which also obviously turned out to be false.