St Mary's pitch being removed

Matthew Le God

Interesting - especially with Ralph’s comments about training. Even with our hybrid turf it will be at least 4 weeks till the pitch can be used.

If other teams are doing the same it could point to games being held at a neutral venue as previously reported and/or no pre season between this and next.

Interesting - especially with Ralph’s comments about training. Even with our hybrid turf it will be at least 4 weeks till the pitch can be used.

If other teams are doing the same it could point to games being held at a neutral venue as previously reported and/or no pre season between this and next.

A neutral venue with all of the players and staff from around the country packed into it would be the sporting equivalent of a Corona Princess cruise ship.

A neutral venue with all of the players and staff from around the country packed into it would be the sporting equivalent of a Corona Princess cruise ship.

exactly really don’t think it is going to happen. The PL just want to be seen as trying (for Liverpool) but they know the season has finished.

They could play behind closed doors at Staplewood easily, much more easy to manage, less people needed, no ball boys as a big fence around; after all, U21 games get played there, so no difference if no audience.

Does that mean we will get a refund for 4 matches then?

They could play behind closed doors at Staplewood easily, much more easy to manage, less people needed, no ball boys as a big fence around; after all, U21 games get played there, so no difference if no audience.

Does that mean we will get a refund for 4 matches then?

They really should offer refunds. I expect they'll try and carry it over and offer discounts on renewals.

Anyone brave enough with our home form to buy a half season ticket is well out of pocket.

I’m not sure they’ll get away with not refunding and only offering discounts - I’m sure there were a lot of people that hadn’t planned on renewing anyway given how **** the last 3 years have been, I also expect there will be a fear factor that puts people off large crowds for some time yet so they won’t fancy renewing either, especially the senior citizen demographic.

Can only assume we’ve paid for tickets to an event that won’t go ahead so they need to refund us, I guess business insurance will cover them - they just need to wait to be told by the relevant authorities that large crowds are banned..

I’m not sure they’ll get away with not refunding and only offering discounts - I’m sure there were a lot of people that hadn’t planned on renewing anyway given how **** the last 3 years have been, I also expect there will be a fear factor that puts people off large crowds for some time yet so they won’t fancy renewing either, especially the senior citizen demographic.

Can only assume we’ve paid for tickets to an event that won’t go ahead so they need to refund us, I guess business insurance will cover them - they just need to wait to be told by the relevant authorities that large crowds are banned..

I'm expecting season ticket prices to be slashed for next season (whenever that might be)

Combination of loss of earnings/redundancies and people too scared to be within 3ft of one another :mcinnes:

• 1 month later...