Best Performance by an Otherwise Incompetent* Player

stknowle

Leandre Griffit looked as if he was going to be the next big thing during his first couple of games. Then it became clear he just wasn't tough enough and he faded away to never really make any impact for us or anyone else.

Against Blackburn?

I fell asleep in that game in the Kingsland / Northam corner. Genuinely.

Rory delap, against spurs

Can't remember if he played well but that was a goal of a lifetime.

I thought Delap gave some impressive performances when he first joined, certainly surpassed my expectations even though he cost a then astronomical £4m. He simply didn't recover from two broken legs in quick succession, and seemed to go downhill after in his time with us.

Leandre Griffit looked as if he was going to be the next big thing during his first couple of games. Then it became clear he just wasn't tough enough and he faded away to never really make any impact for us or anyone else.

I too thought he was the next big thing. Can't remember the opposition, but he looked so calm on the ball, and used it well. I remember saying to my companion that day "He looks really good">

I too thought he was the next big thing. Can't remember the opposition, but he looked so calm on the ball, and used it well. I remember saying to my companion that day "He looks really good">

The team we had then, Fitz Hall, Yoann Folly and Leandre Griffit as the future spine.

Folly v Spurs in March 2004 is another shout for this thread. Folly is still only 34 years old.

Edited by Colinjb

The season we went down from the Champ, Saints got a rare win away at a Reading who were unbeaten at home. Bradley Wright Phillips bossed the pitch and scored two good goals but then was useless forever after.

Second coldest game I've ever been to.