Ronald Koeman hospitalised

Saint-Armstrong

Just seen his representatives say that he was hospitalised this afternoon and underwent emergency heart surgery to fit a catheter. They're saying his situation isn't life-threatening and they're hoping he can return home early this coming week.

Ok that's good news. Get well soon Ronald :)

Get well soon Ronald! Top top bloke and my favourite Saints manager of recent times.

He was undoubtedly a very good manager for us. But I would not call him a top bloke when we saw that picture of him wearing an Everton Shirt outside Vale do Lobo Golf Club when he was still contracted to Saints. I wish him a quick recovery though.

At least the equal best manager we've had. Thank Reed for us losing him. Who will forget those two wonderful seasons when we seemed to score for fun and could attract world class players because of RK's reputation in the game.

Thanks for all the great days Ronald and please get better soon.

Who will forget those two wonderful seasons when we seemed to score for fun and could attract world class players because of RK's reputation in the game.

Clearly you have forgotten. We never "scored for fun" in his two seasons. Take out the 8 v Sunderland and the 6 v Villa in the first season, and we hardly ever scored more than 2 goals in a league game, except for 3 of his last 4 games in 2016 when we scored 4. Ronald's style was epitomised by me as winning 1-0.

Still get well soon Ronald.

Just seen his representatives say that he was hospitalised this afternoon and underwent emergency heart surgery to fit a catheter. They're saying his situation isn't life-threatening and they're hoping he can return home early this coming week.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the catheter is the method by which they access the heart via an artery, likely what was fitted was one or more stents. I had open heart surgery a couple of years ago for a valve issue and have had angiogram via catheter so it's a subject close to my heart, if you forgive the pun! :)

At least the equal best manager we've had. Thank Reed for us losing him. Who will forget those two wonderful seasons when we seemed to score for fun and could attract world class players because of RK's reputation in the game.

Thanks for all the great days Ronald and please get better soon.

This, Thank you Ronald. I will never forget those two sessions. We were a top class team then and I've never been so proud to be a Saint in London. Get well soon mate. I hope we can see you visiting St Mary's soon.

This, Thank you Ronald. I will never forget those two sessions. We were a top class team then and I've never been so proud to be a Saint in London. Get well soon mate. I hope we can see you visiting St Mary's soon.

So you don't remember the times when he was pretty much a game away from being sacked? Middle of the second season i think. Won the 3rd round cup game and we kicked on from there, but we were touted as relegation candidates at one point.

So you don't remember the times when he was pretty much a game away from being sacked? Middle of the second season i think. Won the 3rd round cup game and we kicked on from there, but we were touted as relegation candidates at one point.

And it certainly went tits up quickly enough for him at Everton. A good season and then sacked soon enough in the next one. Spent a fair old bit of money on players who weren't suited to the PL.

And it certainly went tits up quickly enough for him at Everton. A good season and then sacked soon enough in the next one. Spent a fair old bit of money on players who weren't suited to the PL.

yeah, some managers get lucky. His track record with other clubs is very hit and miss, Everton a great example.

Still the most enjoyable seasons for many a year

We were touted as relegation candidates even before a ball was kicked in his first season .......mainly due to the amount of players we sold ......So his achievements in the first season was remarkable! Second season we were even better! As for times of being a game away from the sack is tosh!

We were touted as relegation candidates even before a ball was kicked in his first season .......mainly due to the amount of players we sold ......So his achievements in the first season was remarkable! Second season we were even better! As for times of being a game away from the sack is tosh!

Whether there was any substance to the rumour or not I don't know, but it was certainly mooted around January in his second season (2016) following the cup exit. I think a midweek win after the cup defeat set us on a run and by the end of the season all looked rosy. Step forward Les Read.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought the Boxing Day 4-0 over Arsenal secured his job for a month before we went on that amazing run.

Lost 3 after that (including FA Cup 3rd round at home to Palace.

4e7076467bab7f2650d152c46bc8c749.plist

yeah, some managers get lucky. His track record with other clubs is very hit and miss, Everton a great example.

You are being spitefully disingenuous, managers fit clubs simple as that; culture, ambitions, strategy all aspects have to fit. Koeman found his natural home here and it worked. Of course there were ups and downs but he built us into a formidable opponent for any team in the PL by the time he was forced out.

Our current boss has had one hell of a switchback ride since he arrived, much worse than Koeman ever did.

The end of that season was amazing, don't forget we were robbed at Leicester too as their goal was a foul and we should have had a blatant penalty.

The 2-0 loss at Bournemouth was annoying though.

yeah we were caught up in the “Leicester must win the league” fever there

I seem to remember a lot of discontent after the Christmas/New Year period as we weren’t playing well - then we switched to a 5-3-2 formation for the Watford game and everything seemed to click from there.

You are being spitefully disingenuous, managers fit clubs simple as that; culture, ambitions, strategy all aspects have to fit. Koeman found his natural home here and it worked. Of course there were ups and downs but he built us into a formidable opponent for any team in the PL by the time he was forced out.

Our current boss has had one hell of a switchback ride since he arrived, much worse than Koeman ever did.

I'm certainly not being spiteful. I loved the time under RK, don’t think he was in the same league at MP (the 1st) but great all the same. But let’s not forget that it was not all good, but you can say that about any managers time, some more so than others.

I'm certainly not being spiteful. I loved the time under RK, don’t think he was in the same league at MP (the 1st) but great all the same. But let’s not forget that it was not all good, but you can say that about any managers time, some more so than others.

You’re right, he was rumored for the sack. He was a great manager for us, he rebuilt the team when he got here and we were better than we could have hoped, then the end of his second season was some of the best stuff I’ve seen from us, however people forget that time around Christmas when all was not well, we were on a really bad run then things suddenly clicked and we were magnificent for the rest of the season apart from one or two games. Also people give Puel a hard time for our performance against ber’sheeva but we were equally as bad if not worse against the danish team who knocked us out in the qualifiers.

You’re right, he was rumored for the sack. He was a great manager for us, he rebuilt the team when he got here and we were better than we could have hoped, then the end of his second season was some of the best stuff I’ve seen from us, however people forget that time around Christmas when all was not well, we were on a really bad run then things suddenly clicked and we were magnificent for the rest of the season apart from one or two games. Also people give Puel a hard time for our performance against ber’sheeva but we were equally as bad if not worse against the danish team who knocked us out in the qualifiers.

yeah, that was an awful performance. Reckon if we’d had another Dutch side in that round we may have got through to the group stages.

Glad he’s ok and on the mend again. He had the odd rough patch and shocking game but for the most part we were brilliant under him.

He raised the profile of the club. He had a great arrogance about him that he fully warranted. I always wonder how we would have done if we kept him. And by all accounts I’ve heard, he and his brother would have liked to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading a stat that only Leicester won more points than us in the second half of the 2015-16 season. 12 wins from 19, including the 3-2 comeback win over Liverpool, a 4-2 win against Man City and a 2-1 away win at Tottenham. We could match anyone in the league, finished three points off the Champions League, eight points off second, but were of course overshadowed by Leicester's heroics. Then it all went downhill.