Dave Greenfield RIP

sadoldgit

My first ever gig, at the Gaumont in 79.

A proper band.

thanks Dave.

At a time when it wasn’t cool to be able to play an instrument proficiently, The Stranglers were a decent bunch of musicians. Dave Greenfield’s keyboards gave them a Doors type of sound. They also had that wonderful rumbling bass sound. Top band.

Dave Greenfield the keyboard player from The Stranglers has died aged 71. In hospital with a heart condition but contracted covid. One of my favourite bands of that period. RIP

Sad news, great keyboard sounds that were akin to great Stranglers tracks. Good to see the wolfpack didn't get to you.

Great band - No More Heroes, Grip, Something Better Change, 5 Minutes, all absolute belters though my particular favourite is The Raven. Also achieved the rare feat of improving on an original with their brilliant cover of Walk on By to which DG's superb keyboard work was integral. Saw them a few times including at Reading Rock Festival in 87 which was absolute carnage. RIP.