Saints best XI on twitter

Hockey_saint

Has anyone been watching these polls that the saints twitter account has been posting for a best eleven saints players? It's just infuriating for me as, for example, for each position they pick 5 players and 1 gets the slot.....one had Alan Ball square off against Le Tissier.....what's that all about? Crazy. Or the latest striker one: Channon, Davies, Shearer or Lambert....it just seems those responding haven't followed saints for more than 5 years.

These things always end up being a bit silly, and are just a bit of fun however I guess it's not really that easy to vote for someone you've never seen play.

I know from the stats and what I've heard that Ron Davies was a superb striker but it's impossible for me to properly know because he stopped playing before I was born and there's not a lot of match footage to go on. A lot of people voting might were probably too young to remember Alan Shearer playing live, let alone for Saints.

I saw some nipper put up his best XI and there were probably only 3 players in it that he'd ever seen. How could he truly judge whether Mark Dennis is our best LB? He's basically just guessing.

These things always end up being a bit silly, and are just a bit of fun however I guess it's not really that easy to vote for someone you've never seen play.

I know from the stats and what I've heard that Ron Davies was a superb striker but it's impossible for me to properly know because he stopped playing before I was born and there's not a lot of match footage to go on. A lot of people voting might were probably too young to remember Alan Shearer playing live, let alone for Saints.

I saw some nipper put up his best XI and there were probably only 3 players in it that he'd ever seen. How could he truly judge whether Mark Dennis is our best LB? He's basically just guessing.

Reasonable. I think the media itself probably contributes; I mean, I'm not sure a lot of people old enough to have even seen Le Tiss play in his prime would have that much of a clue apart from watching clips of him.