Jose Fonte interview

Mikey88

Fonte had become a red card in waiting in every game, as his legs had gone by the time he left Southampton.

Had he played a Europa League game, would he not have been cup-tied and prevented from playing in Europe for any of the big clubs he imagined to be craving his signature?

I'd disagree there. We had plenty of experience in the likes of Virgil, Yoshida, Bertrand and Cedric after Fonte left. There is no magic formula he could have passed on, the players we recruited were simply not good enough. I think had he stayed and played, we'd have create another 04/05 situation with Lundekvam playing along side Davenport, Kenton and Higgy. Those players never looked like they were benefiting from Claus' experience. He looked past it and off the pace, the others just were never good enough.

I've still yet to see one person explain how that's possible.

Did you listen to the interview? Reed leaked a fabricated story to the papers that Fonte had handed in a written transfer request.

Some very transparent and suspiciously biased posters on the Fonte discussion threads. Odd that some posters seem to have such loyalty for the club / Reed that they will still even now actively seek to discredit any negative press aimed at those decisions.

Its beyond a joke that we let him go given the wages and money Reed has gone on to waste on other players. Ditto Koeman and ditto numerous others. Reed absolutely dismantled the club we were on course to be and stole a very exciting future from all of us and future generations.

And spare me from another Reedist trying to give credit to Reed for the promotion team (as was done in the other thread), he wasn't even at the club when that core was signed :lol: :mcinnes:

If Jose was so desperate to stay, why didn’t he sign the new contract? If Reed was so desperate to get rid of him, why did he offer him a new contract? If Jose was happy, why employ an agent who is know for playing hard ball. Where did the stories about the interest from Manchester United come from? Reed? I didn’t want Fonte to go, but I don’t believe for one minute that he was blameless in what transpired. The fact that he ended up at West Ham rather than a “big club” shows us what the real interest was behind the scene and even at West Ham Jose failed to live up to his post Euros hype.

Some very transparent and suspiciously biased posters on the Fonte discussion threads. Odd that some posters seem to have such loyalty for the club / Reed that they will still even now actively seek to discredit any negative press aimed at those decisions.

Its beyond a joke that we let him go given the wages and money Reed has gone on to waste on other players. Ditto Koeman and ditto numerous others. Reed absolutely dismantled the club we were on course to be and stole a very exciting future from all of us and future generations.

And spare me from another Reedist trying to give credit to Reed for the promotion team (as was done in the other thread), he wasn't even at the club when that core was signed :lol: :mcinnes:

Still haven't explained how Reed forced Fonte out of the club.

You still haven’t explained how presiding over our second best period in history robbed us of our potential.