Other games thread

Edmonton Saint

6 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

WTF!?

First time I've seen goal line technology fail.

Surely they should have checked that with VAR?

VAR has no remit to check goal-line decisions because it was always assumed the tech was correct. Got to be a manual error there somewhere, but previously they've always tested the system for about half an hour before the players come out for their warm-ups and I'm pretty sure they don't turn it off between then and kick-off.

1 minute ago, stevegrant said:

So the ref's goal-line tech watch buzzed when he got back into the changing room at half-time :lol:

No great surprise that the signal in a football ground is shit, mind you...

I’d say it was fairer to give it than not, even with the three minute delay.

Just now, stevegrant said:

So the ref's goal-line tech watch buzzed when he got back into the changing room at half-time :lol:

No great surprise that the signal in a football ground is shit, mind you...

What about his eyes. It wasn’t even a close one. The goalie had a “oh shit I fucked up” look on his face too. What a clanger !

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Have to say this game is reminding me a lot more of the things I don't like about football than the things that I do.

It’s really weird without the fans. Those delayed ohhhs and ahhh when a shot is made are ludicrous.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Have to say this game is reminding me a lot more of the things I don't like about football than the things that I do.

This game is certainly reminding me why I haven't been missing football.

I can see Villa nicking this as Sheffield Utd should be one up. Even though I’m confident we’ll be safe from relegation worries, I don’t particularly want teams behind us creeping up. Sheffield United are probably uncatchable. Draw would be OK.

17 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Anyone else getting a “too many connections” error?

Yes!!! Seems incredibly unstable at the moment.

That game was absolutely appalling, as was that decision.

Looked like a pre season game, where no-one is playing at full pace. Lets see what this Arsenal City game is like....it's raining so maybe that might wake them up a bit.

4 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

While goal line technology was at fault. What’s the point of VAR if it doesn’t overrule a clear and obvious error by the technology.

Was utterly ridiculous given how my times VAR has given really dubious penalties etc. To just shrug it off and go, “oh well, the camera didn’t work due to the position of the goalie” was utterly ludicrous.

I wonder what would have happened if it was a Liverpool goal?

4 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Can't see anything other than a comfortable Man United win here, the Spurs centre-back partnership of Sanchez and Dier would terrify me if I was a Spurs fan.

Difficult to tell what state any team is at the moment.

That said, doesn't look like Spurs have started well here.

9 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Can't see anything other than a comfortable Man United win here, the Spurs centre-back partnership of Sanchez and Dier would terrify me if I was a Spurs fan.

Not sure what Mourinho is on, starting that back two with Vertonghen and Alderweireld on the bench!

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

At first I thought it was a belting finish from Bergwijn but looking at the replay DDG will be disappointed.

Aye.

He did catch it sweet and get a lot of power behind it but DDG should have done better.