Norwich 0 - Saints 3....We are back.

Secret Site Agent

Well done lads, can’t have been easy playing in such weird conditions. Norwich very poor from about 20 minutes onwards, they’re going down with that defence.

I think those that were still worried about relegation (not me) can start sleeping comfortably again now.

That grew into a fantastic performance.

First goal will be vital for any team at the moment and it was a really good take by Ings to give us that.

After that we were really the only team in it.

That'll probably be enough to see us safe I reckon, we might even be able to climb into the top half after that.

2 minutes ago, stknowle said:

When was the last time we won 3 nil away?

Hmm tough question

4-0 away to Sunderland (okay fine more than 3-0!!) comes to mind.

Otherwise the 3-0 win against WHU which came before early on in the Puel season. 

anyways- with regards to game. Quality stuff very proud of them all. Slow start and lucky that Drmic for them was rusty and messed up. After that we were almost faultless and deserved to win comprehensively. The only negative, for me is Adams or Obafemi didn’t score- want either of them to come good!!!

Very enjoyable, Norwich bright early on and Ings interception stopped a goal. All SFC after that point, only rusty displays were Valery, Obafemi and Bednarek, and even Valery improved. PEH so so, everyone else played well, Ings, Armstrong, Redmond, Stephens all excellent. Bertrand good display, just rusty shooting. Adams and Tella bright little cameos, latter drew a nasty foul and wish former would score as he looks a decent footballer in the main. 

Very good performance once we'd got into our stride. A gulf in class between the sides I felt the longer the game went on. Lots of good performances all over the pitch. Looked fit. Obafemi did well as a creator. Ings great, Redmond looks sharp. Armstrong a real asset. Great support play and neat triangles...won't get away with that against 'bruiser' teams though. Valery concedes the ball too much for a full back. McCarthy distrinution still something to work on but these are minor niggles in a very encouraging performance. Let's hope it carries on to Arsenal next week...

We really do have some cracking players going forward ! Still think Adams will come good and with Tella ..Smallbone and more young players coming through the future looks very good .   Ony negatives was PEH who was no where and Valery who makes to many mistakes .

Lovely restart... the boys looked rusty in the first 20mins or so but we grew into the game and bossed the second half.

Ings, Amstrong and our new captain worked their socks off.... Pretty decent goals to boot.

WIth safety pretty much assured, maybe we can climb up the table and record a top half finish.  

COYS 

Was a perfect opponent to start with, nice confidence builder. We've been safe for a while but from now on any point is a nice bonus and we can focus on trying to get as high as we can.

However, worth saying if we start like we did against Arsenal or City we could get annihilated.

2 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Hmm tough question

4-0 away to Sunderland (okay fine more than 3-0!!) comes to mind.

Otherwise the 3-0 win against WHU which came before early on in the Puel season. 

You said tough question then came up with the obvious answers I should have been able to come up with myself. Cheers!!!

That's us safe. Big three points!

Shaky start, as always with us these days, but Ralph showed once again that whilst not tactically perfect before games, he is very good at making changes to the system to get good results. Norwich were all over us until the first drinks break, then Ralph got a chat and we were noticeably better. Second half speaks for itself.

Three great goals, clean sheet, solid performances all around, can't really ask for more!

• Like 1

First 10 minutes were awful, other 80 excellent. 3 good goals, could have had more, Norwich were poor but can only beat what’s in front of you. Safety secure now even though we weren’t really at much of a risk. 

Thought we were very good for the last 70 mins, could have easily been more.

Ings was very good...top player, my MoM

Obafemi was alright as was Valery, not sold on either..hoj was average 

Edited by Batman

35 minutes ago, Secret Site Agent said:

That will do me.  Good goals by Ings, Armstrong and Nathan.

Very poor 1st Half, but came back

Well done boys, onwards and upwards.

I'd say poor and shaky first 10 minutes. After that, apart from the odd moment, totally in control and by far the better team. 

Really good performance in the end  Will be interesting to see how we can improve now we're virtually safe.

Decent first half, after the first rusty 10 mins. Carried dominance over into 2nd half and a deserved win, tempered slightly by Norwich being very poor.

Still question marks over Valery's and Obefemi's decision making but still very early in their careers.

The Saints are staying up.

46 minutes ago, Secret Site Agent said:

That will do me.  Good goals by Ings, Armstrong and Nathan.

Very poor 1st Half, but came back

Well done boys, onwards and upwards.

Harsh. Poor for 10 mins, bit rusty for a bit, then in almost total control for the next 70-75 mins. Pleasing performance overall.

41 minutes ago, CanadaSaint said:

Ings contributes all over the pitch, and we're a better side with Armstrong in the lineup.

Valery always seems like an error waiting to happen.

JWP looked more like a leader out there than PEH has ever done.

Valery looks so casual and nonchalant. A good player somewhere in there but he needs to be more up for it and concentrate on the situation.

Great early confidence booster for the lads. Norwich were diabolical but you can only beat what's Infront of you.

Positives - JWP, Ings, Redmond and Stephens were very good. JWP and Stephens have improved massively over the course of the season. I was very critical of them both but they are proving me wrong. Armstrong improved as the game went on and it's good to see our midfielders chipping in with more goals.

Negatives - Valery was shocking again and against a better side at least 2 of his mistakes would have led to goals. Obafemi needs to get his head up more often.. he's still young and has time on his side but doesn't do enough off the ball and often makes poor decisions. Hojbjerg was pretty poor and if he keeps playing like that then no one will want to buy him this summer.

Overall a job well done and if we play like we did in the second half then we will beat Arsenal. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed that! Ings was excellent and easily MoM. He does so much work for the team, as well as scoring goals. Such an important player for us now.

Great to see us hit the ground running, bar a dodgy first ten. Norwich were complete shite but you can only beat what’s in front of you. Now looking forward to Enjoying the mini-season pretty pressure free!

still not convinced by Valery, seems to be a bit of a liability at times, but he’s still young. Obafemi needs to show this pace he’s supposed to have a bit more.

Shaky start, especially Valery, but from 15 mins on we were much the better side and got better and better as game progressed.  Thought Redmond tormented them second half, with strong performances from both centre backs, Bertrand, JWP, Armstrong and Ings.  Very much looking up the table and there could be some cheap points to pick up in remaining games.  We looked so physically fit which is credit to Ralph.

Good win in bizarre circumstances. Obviously there where lots of signs of rustiness but overall a very disciplined performance. Hojbjerg was not at the races and is obviously off soon so i would drop him imo.

The hairstyles made me chuckle, obviously the guys have done their bit throughout lockdown but there was a mixture of feck it I’ll shave it off and the 70’s look.

Good win. We looked so comfortable in the second half. When Ings, Redmond, Armstrong and co attack with pace we look an exciting team.

Valery's defensive mistakes could have been costly but he does look good when going forward.