136 members have voted

1. 1. Who was Saints Second Greatest Right Midfielder

• Alan Ball
    • Ronnie Ekelund
    • Eric Day
    • Jo Tessum
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Danny Wallace

I would nominate him for LM but you can nominate him for any of the remaining positions, so it's up to you really...

You're right, MLT can be nominated for any position but will he be added to list of contenders to vote upon????

(i.e. He was nominated for RM/RW for both the A and B teams but because he would probably lose out to TP for the A team slot, and someone didn't want to run the risk of him having to be in the B team, the goal-posts were moved.)

(i.e. He was nominated for RM/RW for both the A and B teams but because he would probably lose out to TP for the A team slot, and someone didn't want to run the risk of him having to be in the B team, the goal-posts were moved.)

I am glad the goal-posts were moved! Having seen how people have interpreted St L's instructions MLT was in grave danger of being voted into the B Team - that would not have looked good!

'Saints' fans snub their greatest player' headlines in the Echo...

I am glad the goal-posts were moved! Having seen how people have interpreted St L's instructions MLT was in grave danger of being voted into the B Team - that would not have looked good!

'Saints' fans snub their greatest player' headlines in the Echo...

As opposed to us looking stupid in voting a player as our 2nd best RM/RW who never played there.....Keegan!

And maybe, if he was to lose out in a fair poll, he isn't our best or even 2nd best RW. (Paine and Channon for me).

Or LM/LW (Armstrong and Sydenham?)

Or CM (Williams, BAll, Case, et al)

Or striker (Davis, Channon, Shearer, possibly even Moran and Boyer were better for that position)

But yes, he was our best player.

Still, this does still go to show that yes we can nominate anyone for a particular position, but they will not be included in the vote if St L thinks they will lose (for a particular position) but he wants them somewhere in the A team.

As opposed to us looking stupid in voting a player as our 2nd best RM/RW who never played there.....Keegan!

Agreed, that is just silly - sadly he is also in the lead so looks destined for the B Team!

I fancied a midfield of Paine, Keegan, Ball and MLT - it will be annoying if Keegan gets selected in his wrong position in the reserves first!

I would like to nominate Francis Benali as centre forward.

I must admit to being a little confused about this whole process, but what I don't want to happen is for Saints fans to start falling out about who is the best saints player. I certainly don't want St Landrew to come in for undue flack as I have always found him a most personable mod, definitely better than that Ponty fella, who seems more interested in cars than he does football.

I think Keith Cassells should get a mention because of THAT overhead kick. Quality.

In other words, this system is fall of holes and is very confusing.I am pleased to hear from St Landrew that MLT is guaranteed a place in the great great team, though would stll like to see him play somewhere in the not so great great team.

COYR!

Amongst other points missed, I think you have lost sight of the fact that this is meant to be a bit of fun. You do realise that the team won't actually be picked and will not be performing at SMS any time in the near future (shame because they would murder the current bunch).

Bit miffed that Steve Williams is not an option. I did say in the nominations post that Paine should be the winner, especially if based on being a right winger, whereas in a 4-4-2, Williams should probably be considered as an option. In my mind Steve Williams should be a cert for midfield (with Bally) but suspect he will lose out.

Amongst other points missed, I think you have lost sight of the fact that this is meant to be a bit of fun. You do realise that the team won't actually be picked and will not be performing at SMS any time in the near future (shame because they would murder the current bunch).

Bit miffed that Steve Williams is not an option. I did say in the nominations post that Paine should be the winner, especially if based on being a right winger, whereas in a 4-4-2, Williams should probably be considered as an option. In my mind Steve Williams should be a cert for midfield (with Bally) but suspect he will lose out.

Don't be miffed.....it's just a bit of fun. You do realise that Steve Williams will not be playing come Saturday?

I can't believe 31 people have currently voted for Kevin Keegan.

He never played there

On what grounds are they voting for him?

Yep, it's absolutely crazy isn't it!? And even more so because he wasn't even nominated for this position!! (I notice St L hasn't bothered posting on this thread since I ponted out that fact.)

I can only guess that those people who voted for him did so because he was a very good player and definitely deserves to be somewhere in either the A ir B teams. Of course he should be one of the front two in either of those teams, so maybe people are voting for him here so that he cannot be voted into a front two position and thus stop their preferred candidates from being voted in?

Thank you people. I think the right candidate succeeded as the second best RM, and so goes into the B Team. We can all breathe a sigh of relief that the rest of our favourite players can all be nominated again. But Terry Paine and Danny Wallace are in their positions now. Here's the current line ups:

For the A Team

------------------Shilton-------------------

Golac----Wright-----Svensson-----Bridge

Paine-------?-------------?

and the B Team

------------------Niemi--------------------

Dodd---Lundekvam----Watson----Dennis

D.Wallace---?-------------?

Why the 2 question marks..? Because we want 2 nominations from everyone now. Who are the two best CMs ever to have donned the Saints shirt. Ignore the legend, let's just have the quality please.

Nominations close late Sunday night. All leading nominees will go into the vote.

Cheers