Saints Accept £1.3m for Andrew Davies

Nexstar

What was the point of signing him in the first place..? What a screw up..!

Umm, as he helped us stay up and also we have made a profit on him?

Be honest why would he not ask to leave? He's only been here 10 mins so has no loyalty to the club at all. The best we can possibly hope for is to survive and be a CCC club next season. For Stoke the worse that can happen is that they are playing CCC football next season, but even then they will be a club in a far healthier financial situation than us.

He will also be getting far more wages at Stoke than he is on with us.

Why would a player like him want to stay and struggle to survive in the CCC? To Thompson, McG, etc they just want first team football but to the likes of Davies if a better offer comes along they will always take it.

Let's face it, he wanted to leave and we are more than happy to take the much needed cash after not being able to sell Skacel, Euell, Rasiak, Saga, Thomas, Davis, etc.

In reality we might have thought too highly of him anyway. We still shipped goals when he played and it was only when he played with Bennett that he shined for us, when partnered with Thomas he was not all that.....

Only 2.7m to go until the bank lets us drag this season out to its painful conclusion........

To see out this season and avoid administration, in the absence of a buyer, will be an achievement by those in control of our finances, 'painful conclusion', premature in your forecasts imo, what I am seeing at the moment is giving me VFM and although not winning a game is disappointing am able to take alot of positives from the game, get yourself along you may find yourself more optimistic about the football side of things

It's called desperate financial trouble.

Yes, and unless you didn't know that by now but we need to cut our cloth -- immediately. We are no longer living in the Crouch regime's cloud cuckoo land, and I thank god almighty that we have a saavy businessman and professional at the tiller.

A great shame - he was one of the few high points of last season. I understand why he left, but now I'm really worried about Killer's knee. Killer and Perry together should keep us up. Perry and a.n.other I'm not so sure about, hopefully Lancashire and Racine will prove me wrong.

30% profit is irrelevant. Take out agents fees, signing ons fees etc. I wonder as the club has sold him will they still honour his remaining payments? Approx £100k divided by his contract term? Or is it that he has put in a transfer request?

Yes, and unless you didn't know that by now but we need to cut our cloth -- immediately. We are no longer living in the Crouch regime's cloud cuckoo land, and I thank god almighty that we have a saavy businessman and professional at the tiller.

We wouldn't have to cut our cloth if Lowe didn't get us into this mess in the first place. ****.

Davies would be a great player to have in the team if WE were in the Prem but in the CCC he is a luxury we cannot afford.

You don't need a great young talent worth over a million and on at least 10k a week to play CB in the CCC, we proved that last season when Perry and Lucketti did a more than competant job.

Crouch or Wilde, who dealt out most of the contracts ?

I think their wages will stop us selling them. Why were we the only club who thought they were worth silly money?

That would be Crouch. Scrabbling desperately, throwing good money after bad to land dire players on huge per week contracts. We will live with his mistakes for years to come.

That would be Crouch. Scrabbling desperately, throwing good money after bad to land dire players on huge per week contracts. We will live with his mistakes for years to come.

So you're describing players like Davies as dire?

Could you provide a list of the players Crouch signed please?

Of course, he was costing us too much to stay, and the other adminstration were the people who bought his services. But he was a young player who was a leading addition to the squad.

He was the only really decent player Burley brought in apart from John who came in as part of the Jones transfer package.

He may have saved us from relegation but obviously we could not have really afforded him in January

Scoobs Its alright (cutting your cloth) But! your Lord Lowe seems to be throwing the whole roll away:rolleyes:

Answer me this If these drastic messieurs end up with you being relegated would that be good financial sense?

Sorry to see him go and like to wish him all the best, hope it was our choice rather than his that he wanted to go.

Why would that make things better?

Surely each and every player should be given the right to decide where he should play to better his career? Would you be happy if your employer dictated to you that you must leave and work for Mcdonald's instead [assuming of course you don't already].

Obviously not. But there are certain other players that we can't ship out thanks to their current pay scale.

Which is fine, and I agree with you. But the only player we signed while Crouch was chairman was Davies. All the others signed while Wilde or Wilde's appointees were running things..........