Saints Greatest XI - Nominations For Best CMs.

St Landrew

No legends, just quality please. Here we're nominating 2 players fit to play in the finest Saints team in living memory. There are enough players to reel off like a who's who in Saints football. It's one of the most hotly contested areas of the pitch. Hopefully, all leading nominees should go into the vote, although there will be an absolute maximum of 10 [Poll limit, not mine].

If any player does not get sufficient nominations, he will not get into the vote. Nominations end late Sunday night, and the voting will begin thereafter. At the end of the vote, the two highest placed players will go into the A team, and the 3rd/4th placed players will be in the B team.

So if you don't want to be surprised by your idea of the best players not appearing in the final vote, then you'd better get nominating your 2 best CMs. No more, no less.

Cheers.

Alan Ball and David Armstrong would make the best pairing I can imagine. I'd also nominate Steve Williams; his partnership with Armstrong in the engine room of the side remains one of the best we've ever seen. He wasn't as great a player as Ball though. Oh, and let's have Nick Holmes in the poll as well - he merits a B team spot at the least I reckon.

This is my bug-bear with these polls. MLT to me never really played CMF. Most of his career was spent in a free role infront of the midfield and behind the strikers (sort of "in the hole" but behind 2 strikers). I wouldn't pick him in CMF above Ball, Case, Williams, Gabriel, Holmes or Horne but he needs to be in team somewhere.

Just a quick update. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Posters on messages 3, 4, 16 and 17, clearly haven't. Thanks to others who have.

TDD needs to nominate another player.

Fowllyd needs to clarify who of 2 players he wants, otherwise I will go with his first 2.

Matt SFC needs to nominate another player.

Krissyboy31 needs to clarify which 2 players he wants nominated.

Ta.

P.S. SNSUN. Is it Armstrong or Berkovic..? If you don't tell me, I'll assume Armstrong.

Just a quick update. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Posters on messages 3, 4, 16 and 17, clearly haven't. Thanks to others who have.

Fowllyd needs to clarify who of 2 players he wants, otherwise I will go with his first 2.

Ta.

P.S. SNSUN. Is it Armstrong or Berkovic..? If you don't tell me, I'll assume Armstrong.

why do i need to nominate another player..i thought you just wanted a list of names...not pairings..???

Ta.

Based on non-geeky studyings of Saints since before I was a fan (involving a couple of books and a video), I have to say Armstrong. His goal record was superb.

So MLT and Armstrong please StL.

Ta.

You are taking this whole thing way too seriously. It's not like any of it really matters, just a bit of fun.