Saints Greatest XI - Nominations For Best Right Forward/Striker

St Landrew

Can't even think why we are debating. It's Mick Channon. No. 8. Second name on the team sheet after No. 7...

Same as. Well except he would be my FIRST name on any Saints team sheet.

CHANNON CHANNON CHANNON CHANNON

Makes you realise how lucky we have been as Saints supporters watching some real quality over the years.

Moran was a great finisher, Boyer certainly bagged plenty (could he get a spot as chief grass inspecter as I remember him falling over in the box quite a lot!!) Davies was before my time so it has to be Channon for me.

Honourable mentions for Pahars & Rod Wallace as well - but please don't let Beattie get anywhere near these teams.

Quite conveniently, we have a final 6 players to vote for. The nominations were as follows:

Mick Channon [14]

Ron Davies [10]

Steve Moran [5]

James Beattie [4]

Phil Boyer [2]

All the others: Kevin Keegan, Rod Wallace, Derek Reeves Charlie Wayman, Eric Day, David Speedie [joke?] and Ron Davies very own nomination - Martin Chivers received one nomination each.

Please don't bother to moan about discrepancies. You've been told countless times that I'll take the first nomination if there are more than one, unless instructed to nominate a later mentioned player.

There will be no B-Team result at the end of the vote. Therefore, only the top player will go into a team. The rest will be eligible, along with any other nominations, for the B-Team, next week.

Ta.

The voting thread will appear shortly.