MAG: Massive Action Game....OMG

Marsdinho

I might be a bit late on this, but just seen that there is a game coming out on the PS3 called "Massive Action Game"

Looks amazing....

http://www.google.com/search?q=massive+action+game&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7

Edit: Actually, there seems to be quite a few good games due out on the PS3 soon...

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/ps3-games-to-look-for-in-2009/1257715/

I might be a bit late on this, but just seen that there is a game coming out on the PS3 called "Massive Action Game"

Looks amazing....

http://www.google.com/search?q=massive+action+game&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7

Edit: Actually, there seems to be quite a few good games due out on the PS3 soon...

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/ps3-games-to-look-for-in-2009/1257715/

60 players on Resistance 2 is mental enough. This just looks insane! Haven't heard of it before but I'm going to keep an eye on MAG, as this looks like it could be something quite different.

Just another Battlefield 2 clone in my opinion. MAG does indeed sound exciting but nobody knows where the game is in terms of development. Some say it has yet to be started on and some say it is near completion. There was a screenshot for it released awhile ago that was actually taken from the cgi trailer at e3 08 so it is hard to tell. BF2 is one of my all time favourite games, have put a lot of hours into it. If the people behind MAG do it right the game could be imense. Or if they do it like the new Socom game it will be **** imo.

Just another Battlefield 2 clone in my opinion. MAG does indeed sound exciting but nobody knows where the game is in terms of development. Some say it has yet to be started on and some say it is near completion. There was a screenshot for it released awhile ago that was actually taken from the cgi trailer at e3 08 so it is hard to tell. BF2 is one of my all time favourite games, have put a lot of hours into it. If the people behind MAG do it right the game could be imense. Or if they do it like the new Socom game it will be **** imo.

About 3 months away from release....apparantly

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/6072223/MAG-Massive-Action-Game/Product.html

LOL.

I was going to put an Edit 2 at the bottom of my post, it would have read...

"Edit 2: Im expecting St Marco to post on here how the Xbox 360 version has been out for 20 years and has 257 players."

Not at all.

Surely it would be more fanboy like to post how amazing a game is without seeing one piece of gameplay/footage/screenshot etc?

Dont get me wrong 256 players all at the sametime, using vehicles such as tanks as well as air combat in planes, mixed in with transport units able to parachute out of them mixed with tactical air strikes and so on sounds like my kind of gaming heaven! I fail to see how anyone could not be excited by all that. But it remains just an idea, the fact it is that close to release and the hype train has not started at all leads me to believe something isnt quite right. Take for example Drakes 2, that is like a year away and has started to get press time, surely a game only 3 months away would too? Again look at games like Resident Evil 5, a demo has just been released in Japan and that is over 2 months away, StreetFighter 4 has started its hype train and that is over a month away, MAG was announced at E3 08 and in that time all we have seen is a cgi trailer that in fairness is pretty poor compared to other trailers for similar games i.e COD4&5.

So concept wise it sounds amazing, but that is all it is, a concept. But hey if i was being the fanboy you describe i would of posted The Times news yesterday about one of Sony's divisions (Sony Erikkson,Sony TV's,Sony Laptops and Sony Gaming) about to be shut down next month wouldnt i :)

with all due respect..i was expecting a stmarco response (sceptical one) within the first 3 replies...

The ironic thing is if i created a thread about a game that had nothing to show i.e videos etc.. no doubt i would be shot down in flames for it. So really im in a no win situation, but im cool with that because i know though to you all i seem a fanboy im really just a voice of reason. Im sure if you went to other english forums it would be seen the other way round such is the % of people owning a ps3 to either a Wii or 360 here or anywhere. If i said a PS3 is awesome il be seen as taking the **** where as if i say a PS3 game is **** im an fanboy :) However i do find it funny that i seem to be the only one on this forum who actually likes LBP where as everyone else says its crap.

The ironic thing is if i created a thread about a game that had nothing to show i.e videos etc.. no doubt i would be shot down in flames for it. So really im in a no win situation, but im cool with that because i know though to you all i seem a fanboy im really just a voice of reason. .

Point is, many people would say you'd post such news as Sony probably ending their dealership with Ericsson, but wont post such news as this:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/thousands-of-jobs-under-threat-at-microsoft

Point is, many people would say you'd post such news as Sony probably ending their dealership with Ericsson, but wont post such news as this:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/thousands-of-jobs-under-threat-at-microsoft

Reason i didnt post that is because it is A, is by Fudzilla. The same people who said The Wii would fail to sell (that is up there with that guy who rejected The Beatles). And secondly Microsoft make over $8Billion in profit every year, does that sound like a company about to sack lots of people?

If you read what they say they also say

"Unless Microsoft's business has been absolutely crushed in the past two months, there is no reason for the company to suddenly cut this much cost. Microsoft's margins are still fine, and much of its revenue is generated from multi-year contracts (and is therefore unlikely to see a massive intra-quarter hit). Highly unlikely to happen".

Hopefully then you can understand how crazy it would then sound to fire 17% of your staff for no reason. And seeing as they just said they have had the best holiday period in the companies history again makes it sound even more crazy.

And i dont think it will be Sony ending their relationship with Ericsson simply because that is the only department making Sony a profit.

I have said all last year how poor Sony were doing but you all laughed it off as some crazy fanboy talk...

So if someone who is one of the leading financial experts in the world says what i have said says it does that make him a fanboy to?

have a read

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article5446963.ece

The ironic thing is if i created a thread about a game that had nothing to show i.e videos etc.. no doubt i would be shot down in flames for it. So really im in a no win situation, but im cool with that because i know though to you all i seem a fanboy im really just a voice of reason. Im sure if you went to other english forums it would be seen the other way round such is the % of people owning a ps3 to either a Wii or 360 here or anywhere. If i said a PS3 is awesome il be seen as taking the **** where as if i say a PS3 game is **** im an fanboy :) However i do find it funny that i seem to be the only one on this forum who actually likes LBP where as everyone else says its crap.

I was only joking about expecting a response from you, i actually agree with "some" of the things you post. Dont take it too seriously...

BTW, there are plenty of video's for MAG. I would have assumed that you would have at least looked for some trailers / vids etc before saying there arent any,

The ironic thing is if i created a thread about a game that had nothing to show i.e videos etc.. no doubt i would be shot down in flames for it. .
or before saying that I am calling something amazing without seeing any tailers...

Google is your friend.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/239967.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mag/video/6194180/mag-official-trailer-1

Edited by Marsdinho

I was only joking about expecting a response from you, i actually agree with "some" of the things you post. Dont take it too seriously...

BTW, there are plenty of video's for MAG. I would have assumed that you would have at least looked for some trailers / vids etc before saying there arent any,

or before saying that I am calling something amazing without seeing any tailers...

Google is your friend.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/239967.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mag/video/6194180/mag-official-trailer-1

I mean trailers as in gameplay style trailer. Western games devs normally make trailers within the game to sort of promote the actual gameplay. Those are just CGI videos/concept videos which is more of a eastern style of developing if that makes any sense at all! All that footage was the e3 08 footage back in may 08. 8 months have passed and were yet to see anything from actually within the game as if you and i were playing it.

As i said if they do it right it has potential to be the best thing ever

How I long for a discussion about games and not the continual mudslinging about which is better: Sony or Microsoft.

Hey i have never said Microsoft was better then Sony nor vice versa. In fact i dont think ive ever even said the PS3 is **** or anything bad about the actual console nor its games. I have said the Blu-Ray would not catch on which it hasent,i said the PS3 should of given people a choice of what extras to buy making the console cheaper and said Sony were losing a hell lot of money as a company. Everyone simply assumed i dislike the PS3 and that i prase the 360. Hell if you look at all the news right now there is so much positive stuff for Nintendo and 360 that surely i would of mentioned those?

It is just like this thread. I said it sounds like my type of gaming heaven but will wait until i see something from the game before i make a call on wether to buy it or not. In concept it sounds a lot like Battlefield 2. I dont see that as bashing the PS3 but you guys do. Then one of you makes a jack ass remark and i have to defend myself. It is not my fault the threads turn into the way they do. If you actually notice ive not made a thread about anything other then games for over 6 months. Not said anything bad about any of the games released (accept Too Human and Facebreaker...). Even said some nice things about Home and said i love LBP. But soon as i say one slight negative whoosh the witch hunt begins. I mean that is pretty sad you know.

st marco read my last post on the ps3 v 360 thread im not having a go but it is true that the only threads you do are negative on the ps3 in one way or another eg blu ray etc

and the fact is you never put negative media articles about the xbox mate

im mean your the first to poke holes in the ps3 and yeah it isn't perfect but nor is the xbox and im sure a man of your know how of games consoles would know a lot of negative points on the 360 but its always playstation related and never xbox thats why your views are seen as biased

im mean your the first to poke holes in the ps3 and yeah it isn't perfect but nor is the xbox and im sure a man of your know how of games consoles would know a lot of negative points on the 360 but its always playstation related and never xbox thats why your views are seen as biased

Mate i bashed Too Human and slaughtered Halo 3, both **** games in my view. The 360 had its bashing year when they would blink red like a xmas tree. But since then what can you say that is bad other then some of the games have been a bit ****? As far as i can tell Nintendo and Microsoft in terms of gaming consoles have nothing bad about them now, they dont have these bits of news that are persistantly bad all the time. That is the reality of it. Even the Sony bad news i talk of is very selective, i dont mention half the stuff that is announced such as all three sony gaming division products have been the bottom three in every region other then Japan since august. If i had it in for the PS3 i would of said stuff like that. If there is bad xbox news i will/would of mentioned it but there isnt on the same level as Sony. But i stopped saying/posting those types of threads ages ago anyway. The reality is if i say anything slightly negative about anything Sony related i will get shot down. I can accept that but it doesnt make it right.

BTW Marsdinho sorry your thread got turned into another lets have a go at St Marco thread :) i do honestly think the games has massive potential.

Hey i have never said Microsoft was better then Sony nor vice versa. In fact i dont think ive ever even said the PS3 is **** or anything bad about the actual console nor its games. I have said the Blu-Ray would not catch on which it hasent,i said the PS3 should of given people a choice of what extras to buy making the console cheaper and said Sony were losing a hell lot of money as a company. Everyone simply assumed i dislike the PS3 and that i prase the 360. Hell if you look at all the news right now there is so much positive stuff for Nintendo and 360 that surely i would of mentioned those?

It is just like this thread. I said it sounds like my type of gaming heaven but will wait until i see something from the game before i make a call on wether to buy it or not. In concept it sounds a lot like Battlefield 2. I dont see that as bashing the PS3 but you guys do. Then one of you makes a jack ass remark and i have to defend myself. It is not my fault the threads turn into the way they do. If you actually notice ive not made a thread about anything other then games for over 6 months. Not said anything bad about any of the games released (accept Too Human and Facebreaker...). Even said some nice things about Home and said i love LBP. But soon as i say one slight negative whoosh the witch hunt begins. I mean that is pretty sad you know.

Where did I make any reference to who was doing it? Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

I just want this collective pant-wetting to stop.

nothing is even known about the game, just a trialer and a few details. and the squad based system looks the same as Battlefield: Bad Company which meant you couldnt talk to anyone outside your own squad.

Oh my god you Microsoft fanboy!

See i think people like Danny etc.. need to work out that on a discussion board there will be people who agree with something and dont agree with something. Just because you dont agree with something doesnt make you anything other then someone who disagrees with something. Some of you guys need to stop being such cry baby's in my view, stop being so serious and looking for things that are not there. Its a games section on a football forum for calling out loud!

And yes Danny i have a guilty conscience. Guilty as in it is rather sad that i have to justify every word i say to a bunch of people on a forum....

All Danny originally said was, entirely correctly, that this forum ALWAYS degenrates into pretty pointless rubbish with seeming microsoft vs sony fanboyism.

If everyone is so interested, start a thread on it. Otherwise, all Danny wants, I believe, is for a game thread to stay ON TOPIC instead of veering off to the same old blurb, time and again.

No-one has a problem with others having differing views. Most people are not being "cry baby's", as you put it. The only people being too serious are those who continually feel the need to slip in their alleged game industry credentials and then start loudly pontificating about their views on the game companies.

Why not just keep these things broadly on topic?

Looks a lot more like Planetside then Battlefield to be fair although that had 500 people per arena and is fairly old hat these days. I've tried looking up info and can only find a couple of preview videos so I obviously need a lesson in using google. Can anyone point me to some actual information please? Would like to know if MAG will have a persistent world like Planetside. Hopefully Sony won't **** this up. SOCOM was pretty gash...

Oh my god you Microsoft fanboy!

See i think people like Danny etc.. need to work out that on a discussion board there will be people who agree with something and dont agree with something. Just because you dont agree with something doesnt make you anything other then someone who disagrees with something. Some of you guys need to stop being such cry baby's in my view, stop being so serious and looking for things that are not there. Its a games section on a football forum for calling out loud!

And yes Danny i have a guilty conscience. Guilty as in it is rather sad that i have to justify every word i say to a bunch of people on a forum....

Like Rob says, I'd like to be able to discuss the actual basis of the threads rather than the childlike rows they always degenerate into. Hence why I avoid any thread about the latest sales figures or whatever, as I simply don't care. I just want to see what people are saying about games I might buy.

I've got better things to do with my time trawl through these endless arguments about consoles. If you enjoy these discussions, then don't inflict them on the rest of us who don't care. Start up your own threads so those of us who aren't interested don't get saddled with them.

Like Rob says, I'd like to be able to discuss the actual basis of the threads rather than the childlike rows they always degenerate into. Hence why I avoid any thread about the latest sales figures or whatever, as I simply don't care. I just want to see what people are saying about games I might buy.

I've got better things to do with my time trawl through these endless arguments about consoles. If you enjoy these discussions, then don't inflict them on the rest of us who don't care. Start up your own threads so those of us who aren't interested don't get saddled with them.

I dont start them jack ass. And dont play the "i dont care blah blah" card. If you go through the threads of which you proclaim to not care your see i never start them, as i mentioned above i will talk about a game but if any slight negative is mentioned and it happens to be on PS3 then it turns into a witch hunt. One which you yourself join in on. You dont have to be a smart ass and say things like the whole "why dont you show bad MS news"....You could of simply said nothing. The sales threads is one thread, one thread posted over half a year ago about the fact the 360 outsold the Wii in Japan. That is like Forest Green beating Man Utd, not expected to happen.

Stop saying snide remarks and the threads wont turn into this will they. Go back over this thread and your see 4 or 5 people have said the same as me but yet their remarks go untested. Again as i said its pretty sad that every thread goes that way when im just commenting on the game, maybe its time you let it go Danny rather then accuse me of making these threads go that way. Maybe read what your about to post and ask yourself "does it matter?" before you post it? Then dont come back after you do proclaiming me to be the one to make the thread turn into what it does. I for my part am just defending myself, dont throw stones and all that.

Can I suggest you just stop bickering and keep tthis thread on MAG?

Seriously, it would be a good idea to start a MS or Sony thread or whatever, and any casual observations you have on them could go there. it would just make sense to keep game threads about that game, and nothing else. I'm sure you and others mean no harm when mentioning these things on other threads, but other people join in and it just gets silly. It's not a 'witch hunt'; just a collective boredom that so many threads seem to end up as debates about that, which are generally repetitive and dull. I'm not blaiming you specifically or anyone else, just observing. Petty insults get thrown in ("Jack ass" etc) and it's stupid. No-one is saying that the debate is not valid - the sales thread is, in fact, exactly what everyone wants - because it would keep threads on topic and stop them becoming tedious arguments about something that most forum readers either have solidly formed opinions on or don't care about. I really have no interest on everyone's opinion on each console - and if I did, i'd start a thread on it, not look through threads on MAG or Metal Gear etc etc. I'd look at them if I was interested in the game.

Can I suggest you just stop bickering and keep tthis thread on MAG?

Seriously, it would be a good idea to start a MS or Sony thread or whatever, and any casual observations you have on them could go there. it would just make sense to keep game threads about that game, and nothing else. I'm sure you and others mean no harm when mentioning these things on other threads, but other people join in and it just gets silly. It's not a 'witch hunt'; just a collective boredom that so many threads seem to end up as debates about that, which are generally repetitive and dull. I'm not blaiming you specifically or anyone else, just observing. Petty insults get thrown in ("Jack ass" etc) and it's stupid. No-one is saying that the debate is not valid - the sales thread is, in fact, exactly what everyone wants - because it would keep threads on topic and stop them becoming tedious arguments about something that most forum readers either have solidly formed opinions on or don't care about. I really have no interest on everyone's opinion on each console - and if I did, i'd start a thread on it, not look through threads on MAG or Metal Gear etc etc. I'd look at them if I was interested in the game.

I 100% agree Rob and i said the same only a few months ago. I said i myself would no longer talk about the consoles in a comparison way anymore and i meant it. The threads go the same way simply because people throw in a few snide remarks then when i question those remarks i get the whole "its st marcos fault" thing like we see in this thread. Then they come in with the what i call "god mode" speech proclaiming that i should not say anything and just let them throw snide remarks at me or others. There is a technical term for that and it is called Trolling/baiting, just people dont realise they do it.

Like you say about the insults, go through the threads and you notice i actually will not insult someone unless they insult me 1st. That doesnt make me better then them but it doesnt make them as rightous and above everyone as they try to make out. So lets all take a chill pill, sit back and relax and put an end to the bickering and silly remarks because at the end of the day who gives a monkies? It is a forum where were all going to agree/disagree about something, we dont have to act like a bunch of ****s everytime we disagree do we. So this day forth im just going to ignore it like i had been doing.

Snipe at and abuse me all you want and carry on your bickering if you choose. I haven't said you start these things, but you are certainly a major contributor - just look as this thread. In fact I haven't referred to you directly at all, other than to quote you. I haven't insulted you or said anything mildly derogatory, yet you feel the need to throw insults in my direction. Why is that, exactly? I genuinely wonder how old you are. At a guess, I'd say about 17.

IMO, it's your need and desire to have the last say (regardless of the subject) that draws these things out. It's the Internet, and it's a discussion about computer games. Do you really get as het up as your posts suggest you do?

Thankfully, I believe we still have the option of an ignore list on these forums, and believe you me, I'm about to make use of it so I don't have to endure any more of these infantile, drawn out diatribes - regardless of who it is.

Just before I click that button though, this did raise a chuckle:

There is a technical term for that and it is called Trolling/baiting, just people dont realise they do it.
Go away, have a look in the mirror and think about it for a minute. Edited by Danny

Snipe at and abuse me all you want and carry on your bickering if you choose. I haven't said you start these things, but you are certainly a major contributor - just look as this thread. In fact I haven't referred to you directly at all, other than to quote you. I haven't insulted you or said anything mildly derogatory, yet you feel the need to throw insults in my direction. Why is that, exactly? I genuinely wonder how old you are. At a guess, I'd say about 17.

IMO, it's your need and desire to have the last say (regardless of the subject) that draws these things out. It's the Internet, and it's a discussion about computer games. Do you really get as het up as your posts suggest you do?

Thankfully, I believe we still have the option of an ignore list on these forums, and believe you me, I'm about to make use of it so I don't have to endure any more of these infantile, drawn out diatribes - regardless of who it is.

Just before I click that button though, this did raise a chuckle:

Go away, have a look in the mirror and think about it for a minute.

And heres a fine example of what i said i called the "godmode" speech. The one where they preech about how they did nothing, throw no insults, how it is them who dont contribute to the thread falling apart and how the person has to be about 17, and have a character profiling session in this case i must have the last word and im 17. Then follow that up with the old "lets get back on topic", how fortunate it is after you have had your say hey?

And as i said "they dont realise they do it". And that is the reality, what you accuse me of you are guilty of yourself, when you say im 17 that means you must be the same because you act exactly the same. But you dont see me going "oh yes he must be 3" and character profile you. Horses for courses isnt it just the difference being i have the balls to stand up for myself.

Without meaning to get in the middle of the lovers tiff I sympathise with Marco. Sounds like you are replying Danny to say he is a kid who wants to have the last word. Then say you want to ignore him. Very similar to what you accuse him of. Not sure if posting it helps other then to fan the flames. I have not been on this website long but this part looks more like Vietnam then a peaceful place for Saints fans to chat. Marco just ignore them, don’t take it so personnel. From where i am sitting some of you are as bad as each other and equally to blame. Talk about games not each other.

Without meaning to get in the middle of the lovers tiff I sympathise with Marco. Sounds like you are replying Danny to say he is a kid who wants to have the last word. Then say you want to ignore him. Very similar to what you accuse him of. Not sure if posting it helps other then to fan the flames. I have not been on this website long but this part looks more like Vietnam then a peaceful place for Saints fans to chat. Marco just ignore them, don’t take it so personnel. From where i am sitting some of you are as bad as each other and equally to blame. Talk about games not each other.

As i said before if someone throws a snide remark at me i will defend myself, that is human nature. I don't start threads simply to have a go at someone. But as i said i will ignore it now, i can't be arsed with this part of the forum anymore.